Chicago MINI Motoring Club The Chicago MINI Motoring Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.chicagominiclub.com

Problem with an Online Vendor - Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Ministi2005
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with an Online Vendor - Help

Hi Guys, I'm posting this in the local forum since I figure one of guys might have some good advice. I bought some custom "eyes" from a NAM vendor and after a few emails from him saying things were delayed I am no longer able to communicate with him since my emails to him and to his company are going unreturned.

Normally I would move on but I already paid him and basically I'm at a loss as to how to either get my money back or contact him. Is there a place on NAM to see if others are having the same issue?

He doesn't show up (from what I can tell) as a vendor to be "rated" in terms of leaving feedback comments. I'm interested in whether others are experiencing the same thing.

Any thoughts?

Old 02-11-2008, 03:58 PM
STLMINI
6th Gear
dispute the charge with your credit card or paypal. then don't shop with them again.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:50 PM
AutoXCooper.com
Banned
Location: Car Nut Since 1987, Owner Since Fall 2005, Vendor Since Fall 2007
Any NAM member can start a review page for a vendor at https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...cat.php/cat/17

Good Luck!

Old 02-11-2008, 04:56 PM
AutoXCooper.com
Banned
Location: Car Nut Since 1987, Owner Since Fall 2005, Vendor Since Fall 2007
Heres a local place that does custom vinyl work. http://x-tremegraphics.com/index.htm Just make sure your art work is original to avoid copy right law issues.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:04 PM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
Originally Posted by STLMINI
dispute the charge with your credit card or paypal. then don't shop with them again.
+1

saw your other post....

.. call your credit card and dispute it. Simply tell them what you already mentioned and they should reverse the charge for you... especially mention the fact you made several attempts to contact the vendor with no response... too bad you got the short end of it...

Last edited by MiniMac2005; 02-11-2008 at 05:56 PM. Reason: edited original post...
Old 02-11-2008, 05:04 PM
minimarks
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dispute the charges...

Old 02-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Ministi2005
3rd Gear
I finally found my copies of the charge and the order and all that. I paid with my bank debit (visa) card. I assume they'll handle it like a visa charge.

What a complete pain. How do guys run their businesses like that?

Old 02-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Ministi2005
3rd Gear
Interestingly, I did find a long thread on NAM with lots of other people complaining about the same thing....unreturned emails and undelivered orders. I simply should have done some better research. I am clearly not alone in terms of my issues with this business.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:07 PM
True Joy
3rd Gear
Reading this thread jogged my memory. Last year, before MOTD, I placed an order with MINI-Madness. Since I did not want to risk not getting my items before leaving for MOTD, I requested for next day air. Unfortunately, my order did not arrive until after I returned from MOTD. They cited that they were too busy because of MOTD and that they did not have some of the items I wanted in stock. In addition, they put the resposibility on me to follow up on my order! And the cherry on top, they did not honor the 10% discount for CMMC members. Talked to a couple people live and left messages (even to George himself), but calls were never returned. All I wanted was my discount and the difference for the delivery charges, since I got my stuff a week later rather than "Next Day". My credit card company could not help because I was not willing to return the products I had received because I felt that my headache would turn to an ulcer if I returned the items without a return authorization from MM. On top of that I had already installed some of the stuff because I was confident I/we could resolve the issues.

I have also had problems with ToddMods. He stopped all e-mail corresspondence with me while I was trying to coordinate a custom magnetic grille badge order. There was no exchange of money, but like mentioned here and in other threads, these vendors sure have huge 'nads. Speaking to another vendor, his/her reason for starting up their own grille badge production/sales was because ToddsMods was also nonresponsive.

Needless to say I am spending my money elsewhere.

I know this post is already getting long, but since I am giving a bad review to a couple vendors, I figured I should share a great experience with another.

Peter Foglia (Minspeed) truly understands customer service. I bought a couple driving pads for my interior. The overall quality of both pads were terrible and the double-stick tape, well...didn't stick. I returned the items with images showing the defects. He promptly contacted me and explained that he had given a new manufacturer the contract for these pads. He was either going to have them correct the problem or fire them and go back to his original design and manufacturer. Within a couple weeks, I received a full refund, a written apology, and a set of complimentary pads (the previous version that worked). I will not hesitate going back to Minspeed.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:34 AM
zagadka
4th Gear
my boyfriend has a vinyl plotter in his apartment (used to have a full graphics/ sign shop studio before he had to move). we're in the northern burbs...if you want something done, just message me

Old 02-13-2008, 06:15 AM
AllBlack05S
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zagadka
my boyfriend has a vinyl plotter in his apartment (used to have a full graphics/ sign shop studio before he had to move). we're in the northern burbs...if you want something done, just message me
You may regret me reading that

+1 on xtreme as well great guys.

I have been thinking of making some unique grille badges too so if anyone has some ideas feel free to pm me.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:29 PM
zagadka
4th Gear
he made grille badges for me...they weren't completely perfect, but they were the first ones he made. It was a cute surprise!

Old 02-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Ords
6th Gear
I know this is about a week late, but have you contacted NAM itself to see what can be done on their end?

A site is as only good as the vendors they allow.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Ministi2005
3rd Gear
Yes. Both Mark and Sam stepped up and intervened. The vendor agreed to cancel the order and refund the money. A big pain but the right thing to do. Thanks for the thought though.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:20 PM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
Glad you got that resolved. what we need to do is get you some new stripes you don't need no stinkin' eyes!!! you need new stripes