Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) AMOK is a club for enthusiasts that want to participate in the community, get together to learn about our MINIs, and love to drive curvy roads. Visit our club site at www.motoringamok.com

Tailgating Meets

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:44 AM
rgp2
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tailgating Meets

Hey everybody. Here's an idea. What if we start impromptu meets to football games in the area? I'm not just talking about the Razorbacks. Using this thread, a Mini owner can let other Mini owners know what games they are already going to. That way if anyone else is going or wants to go they can join in. This goes for high school, college, and yes, even the Razorbacks.

This would really be fun around High School play off time. And tickets are fairly inexpensive and plentiful at other colleges other than the U of A.

Also, this would give Mini owners in other parts of Arkansas to meet up.

We might even continue this into basketball season.

Reply if you like the idea or if you just think I like football too much.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:43 AM
Free Spirit
Coordinator :: Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
Great idea rgp2!! And yes, you like football too much. JK.

Might cotinue into the baskteball season?! Volleyball, football, AND basketball!!! Actually, any sport another MINI may be interested in.

Anyone up for a UCA game?
I was looking at the UCA schedule when I came across this. UCA's first basketball game of the season is against UK (my team). Here's an excerpt from the article on UCA's web site:

The University of Central Arkansas men's basketball Bears will open the 2007-2008 season against one of the most storied programs in college basketball, the University of Kentucky Wildcats, on national television.

The Bears will meet the Wildcats at 6 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, Nov. 6 in the first round of the 2K Sports College Hoops Classic benefiting Coaches vs. Cancer. The game will be played in Kentucky's legendary Rupp Arena as part of the Lexington Regional. Three other schools will host regionals, including Oklahoma, Connecticut and Memphis.

The other teams in the Lexington Regional are Gardner-Webb and Alabama A&M. Those teams will play at 3 p.m. on Nov. 6. The first-round winners will meet at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 7; the losers will play at 5. The UCA-UK game will be shown live on ESPN-U, as will the regional championship game on Wednesday.

Anyone up to meet somewhere and watch this game? I know it's on a Wednesday, but as long as it's not showing during the day...I'm sure one of the bar and grills downtown or somewhere in WLR would be showing it. I'll check the ESPN listings to see if it has a time listed.

Well, never mind that game. TV listing starts at 3AM!! I'll just have my dad record it. The later coverages will be for the next round games.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:39 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
Sounds like fun...I'm in! Anyone up for a peewee soccer game tomorrow morning?

Old 09-28-2007, 02:31 PM
rgp2
2nd Gear
OK! Glad some of you like this idea. I never thought of the sports bar thing. That could be a lot of fun too. I am going to go a head tell you of the games I will be going to:

October 27 - UCA vs. Nichols State (Homecoming) -Conway 6:00pm
November 10 - UCA vs. Stephen F. Austin -Conway 6:00pm
November 17 - UCA vs. McNeese State -Conway 6:00pm
All High School Playoffs at War Memorial Stadium

If I see interst in these dates, I will post departure times. These will be in plenty of time to do a little tailgating.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:54 PM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
Any games in Conway are great for me...the UCA campus is down the road. Although, I graduated from ATU so UCA is a big rival...but for the sake of minis and football, I can go to a game. When I get my schedule worked out for UofA games, I will post it. Woo Pig Sooie!

Old 09-30-2007, 05:30 AM
Free Spirit
Tickets to UCA games are only about $12 too.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:44 PM
rgp2
2nd Gear
Mrs.Mini,
You can also list ATU games you are going to. Then people can meet you for those games. I would be interested if the schedule allows.

Free Spirit,
That is much less expensive than going to see those hogs. Good for the old pocket book.

For all:
I think that since I livew in the Rock, I will have two places to meet on my games to Cow Town. One will be in the Little Rock vicinity and the other will be in Conway somewhere so we can all arrive at the game together.

Thanks to everyone who has shown interest.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:06 PM
oldbunratty
3rd Gear
So, are any of us rabid enough fans or season ticket holders to already have space(s) reserved for tailgating at War Memorial for November 17, 1:00 pm game in Little Rock vs MS Bulldogs? Does anybody know how to reserve a space this late in the schedule (heck, I guess we could just arrive together and park somewhere together on the golfcourse?)? Might be fun! With sellout crowd, tailgating at last Saturday's game here was a blast - even w/o tix to game.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:30 AM
rgp2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by oldbunratty
So, are any of us rabid enough fans or season ticket holders to already have space(s) reserved for tailgating at War Memorial for November 17, 1:00 pm game in Little Rock vs MS Bulldogs? Does anybody know how to reserve a space this late in the schedule (heck, I guess we could just arrive together and park somewhere together on the golfcourse?)? Might be fun! With sellout crowd, tailgating at last Saturday's game here was a blast - even w/o tix to game.
My father has season tickets, but he says the only way to reserve parking is to pay the razorback foundation a whopping sum at the beginning of each year when you buy the tickets. He parks on the 15th green. It is is right behind the press box. His position is a reflection of paying for the parking since 1970. He had to work his way up to this spot. I doubt we can reserve parking anywhere unless someone knows people who live in the lower hillcrest area that parks cars in their front or back yard for a tidy sum. We could alos make a point to get to the golf course at a designated time so we were all together. I agree though, tailgating is a blast at War Memorial. The right preparation does make it fun even if you don't have tickets.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:24 AM
Free Spirit
Anybody have a tailgating grill? We can all bring our own food supplies; I'll cook burgers and dogs (hot dogs, don't get disgusting!) Portable tv? We can celebrate my birthday!! or not!!!
I'm up to it, as long as I don't have a job that requires me to work that day; I'm looking for a job.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:19 AM
rgp2
2nd Gear
OK Oldbunratty, you have started something here. I say we start counting heads on who will be comming to the "MSU/AMOK Tailgate/FreeSpirit BD party. AMOKs and anyone else interested, start lineing up here.

I'm In! I don't have a grill for transporting, but I will bring the dogs or burgers. If the number attending gets out of hand i will call Jennings Osborne for some free barbque and fireforks.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:25 AM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
I'm in... Hopefully my schedule will stay open!

Old 10-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Free Spirit
Count us for 3. Shall I email an invitation?...........yah! Not on tv
What about radio? anybody bringing a radio?

Old 10-12-2007, 11:01 AM
rgp2
2nd Gear
Gosh, this is mean and too easy. I apologize in advance.

My Mini has a radio. Oh wait what about the battery? Someone bring jumper cables just in case.

Don't count the TV out just yet. Darren McFadden may get us on TV with of his "Heisman" hopes. If we are undefeated going in and Mississippi State shows improvement, we may have a chance. Unfortunately, it may just be picked up by Lincoln Financial and that means an afternoon game instead of evening. Hope for good weather.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Free Spirit
Originally Posted by rgp2
Gosh, this is mean and too easy. I apologize in advance.

My Mini has a radio. Oh wait what about the battery? Someone bring jumper cables just in case.

Don't count the TV out just yet. Darren McFadden may get us on TV with of his "Heisman" hopes. If we are undefeated going in and Mississippi State shows improvement, we may have a chance. Unfortunately, it may just be picked up by Lincoln Financial and that means an afternoon game instead of evening. Hope for good weather.
rgp2, [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/od/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/9Y3JCJWK/tongue02[1].gif[/IMG], we'll listen off your radio and let your battery run down and let you hop up to push the button every time it turns off! (I knew there had to be someone out there who would give me that answer!)

Arkansas has already missed the undefeated boat.

Game time that day is 1pm.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Free Spirit
Kentucky beat LSU!!! 3rd overtime!!! Go Big BLUE!

No offense any LSU fans, but everyone knows KY football history and this season is a big deal! Beating the # 1 team is a HUGE deal!!

Old 10-15-2007, 10:36 PM
oldbunratty
3rd Gear
This appears to be the link for parking/tailgating options on Razorback gamedays at War Memorial:

I may call this week and ask if there are any economical options for car clubs. etc. Also, I have a small, pathetic gas grill (a 10-yr old Kroger special, but it works great) - be happy to bring it if no better offer is made.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:49 PM
rgp2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Free Spirit
rgp2, [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/od/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/9Y3JCJWK/tongue02[1].gif[/IMG], we'll listen off your radio and let your battery run down and let you hop up to push the button every time it turns off! (I knew there had to be someone out there who would give me that answer!)

Arkansas has already missed the undefeated boat.

Game time that day is 1pm.
I knew this was coming. I don't know why I can't keep my big mouth shut. I am still in. My offer stands on hotdogs or hamburgers. Just got to know how many.

Congrats to UK. I wish I could feel as good as you do Free Spirit. Unfortunately we have "Nutt'in" to be happy about.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:52 PM
rgp2
2nd Gear
Oh, forgot to mention that UCA is getting a lot of notoriety. We really out to try and plan a trip that way. Here is the schedule.

October 27 - UCA vs. Nichols State (Homecoming) -Conway 6:00pm
November 10 - UCA vs. Stephen F. Austin -Conway 6:00pm
November 17 - UCA vs. McNeese State -Conway 6:00pm

Homecoming would really be fun, but we will all be in Brinkley. The November 10th game could be a good one.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:21 PM
rgp2
2nd Gear
I guess the UCA game on the 27th is out since there is a meet scheduled in Brinkley.

I would like to keep this going though. Is anyone interested in the
November 10 - UCA vs. Stephen F. Austin -Conway 6:00pm or
November 17 - UCA vs. McNeese State -Conway 6:00pm.

And also, is there anyone interested in the Mississippi State game still. If so, lets get a good count. Here is what I end up with right now.

Free Spirit 3
RGP2 1
Oldbunratty 1 or 2?
Mrs. Mini 1 or 2?

Sure would like for others to join in. I really think it will fun.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:45 PM
mrs.mini
2nd Gear
tentative 2 for MS State
I am in for a UCA game...don't know which one though. I need to get my schedule worked out.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:43 PM
aprilrain51
Coordinator:Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
We can do the Miss. State game.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:10 PM
rgp2
2nd Gear
Free Spirit 3
RGP2 1
Oldbunratty 1 or 2?
Mrs. Mini 2?
AprilRain 2

OK, we are at 8. Where are the rest of you AMOKs? If we get 15-20, this could be awsome.

Since we already have four-five minis, we should start thinking about a place to meet so we are together when we park. Oldbunratty, you have done more investigating on the parking so we welcome you ideas.

Has Popeye returned from the desert? I'm sure he would jump on board.

And... Here is the idea of the day. I am going to the Mississippi club board and inviting any Mississippi State Mini Owners to join in. That way we can have someone to drive crazy with the hog callin'.

Last edited by rgp2; 10-24-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:18 PM
rgp2
2nd Gear
How Sad! I just went to find a club in Mississippi. None to be had. I guess the closest we can get to a Mississippi owner is through Roadshow or the Miniacs. Any suggestions?

Old 10-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Free Spirit
Originally Posted by rgp2
How Sad! I just went to find a club in Mississippi. None to be had. I guess the closest we can get to a Mississippi owner is through Roadshow or the Miniacs. Any suggestions?

I starteda thread on MINIacs forum inviting them and sent an email to a member in the club asking to put out an email invite.

Quick Reply: Tailgating Meets