AMVIV5 / A MINI Vacation In Vegas (2008) The forum for A Mini Vacation in Vegas, hosted by the Sin City MINI Club.

TCE and Wilwood plans....

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:24 PM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
TCE and Wilwood plans....

I've got some real cool things this year.

There will be some good "cash and carry" deals to be had as well as some real special builds I'm working on. I'd love to tell you, but of course I'd have to kill you.

I'm also working on a totally new brake "thing" for the MINI that I hope to debut about a month from now. Not sure how it's going to go over but I'll bring a few with me and await your input.

As you know (or maybe not) this is clearly THE best chance for you to score some killer prices on these kits.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:49 PM
toddtce
Former Vendor
I'm stacking up the options today.....man, you guys are in for some very cool things. I have at least 5 kits coming so far and more to follow. And some are such that you've not seen before!

As for the other "new product" well that one's moving slowly (as would be the case with brakes!) but I hope to have it all in line well in time to show it.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Calaway16
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool. Can't wait to see what you have.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:22 PM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Spent most of Saturday boxing up things here. Specialty things....

So far I'll be coming to Vegas with 11 kits. From factory Wilwood kits to customs to TCE 13s to rear kits. And a few surprises.

I'm also planning on a debut of something totally new as well as a new pad for some of you. I'd like to be able to sell the new product there but I'm not sure we'll have it totally available by the date. So, the best I can do is take orders.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:39 PM
mistro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would someone who is going to Vegas, report back to the rest of us what Todd has up his sleeve?

And Todd will you be at MOTD?

Old 03-26-2008, 07:54 PM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Ok all...the TCE MINI is pulling out at o-dark thirty tomorrow.

It's loaded. No, I mean reeeally loaded. To the point I pulled out some of the parts after reviewing the max load limit. I'm pretty sure I was over it....

So what's in all this mondo weighed down MINI to the Max??

Ok gang here's what's coming your way. (sort of, I'll hide details)

SIX, count 'em; six Wilwood DP caliper kits. Each with it's own individual design! From mind, plain old black to some new thinks from both me and Wilwood you have never seen. I even have something special for stoopidgirl....hmmm.

THREE yes three TCE 13" kits! One of them a full on four wheel kit with Parking Brake rear at a killer deal. The other two? Oh those are just normal black kits. At a price I can't quote here.

Another rear kit for those looking to upgrade to the parking brake kit.

What's else you say?
How about a modest assortment of pads at 25% off including pads for both Detroit Tuned and Texas Speedwerks kits along with normal TCE/Wilwood offerings. Some nice hose kits for people who want to spice up their ride. The all too cool bleeder bottle you bought me out of last year as well as some misc other items.

What came out?? I pulled some pads and all the rotors. I'll honor my planned price on rotors but add shipping. Never sold a lot of rotors but if you want a set for the track; you better come see me with a fist full of bills. All this to save some weight!

Ok so you're not inspired yet. You don't want to drop a G on a bbk and have no need for me fancy schmancy parts as you have a JCW brake kit now. Well, Mr. Snobby, I have some news for you; TCE will be showing the all new TCE Caliper kit for JCW rotor equipped cars. Huh? You read right; a totally new Wilwood SIX pot caliper kit for you JCW guys! Do I have your attention yet? Oh sure.. you want a picture. Ok, here you go;

You know where to find me. Bring cash because I'm not taking American Express! (or any cc)

Last edited by toddtce; 03-27-2008 at 06:06 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:29 AM
snid
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oooh! I'll be eagerly awaiting news on this new JCW / Wilwood caliper.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:22 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had no idea what Todd had up his sleeve when I was at AMVIV. I actually missed this whole thread, preparing my own car for the show. I was impressed to see his caliper system for the JCW rotors--was very attractive, but I ended up giving in to one of his 4 piston caliper/rotor combinations for a killer deal. Thanks Todd!!

Richard

Old 03-30-2008, 08:01 PM
PGT
Banned
I'd love the six pot but just got 15's for auto-x

Old 03-31-2008, 06:57 AM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PGT
I'd love the six pot but just got 15's for auto-x
Fit to oem R56 or earlier JCW rotors this may still fit for you.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:02 AM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello. And especially those who took advantage of the deep discounts offered and walked out with some smokin' deals.!!

If you missed it....well..you could have walked away with a full front kit for $650. Or a complete four wheel kit in red, including the very cool parking brake caliper for $2100. But as you who were there know; product is limited and it was first come- first served, err sold!

I'll be back next year and we'll do it all over again.

***Still have the set of Speckled Purple DynaPro calipers. I'll put up a pic for those who missed out and let's get these out to someone soon!

Old 03-31-2008, 07:34 AM
PGT
Banned
Originally Posted by toddtce
Fit to oem R56 or earlier JCW rotors this may still fit for you.
I have the JCW kit on my R53 and am using TDR 1.2's in 15x7ET38

Old 03-31-2008, 07:47 AM
OctaneGuy
Yeah I'm glad I didn't stay too far away. Todd was strategically positioned just beyond the registration booth so you HAD to walk past him twice, lol. Well I did anyways, lol. After a lengthy Q&A about his new 6 piston caliper/JCW rotor combo and one of the smoking 4 piston caliper/rotor deals in red powdercoat---it was an extremely difficult decision to make. But knowing there was only one red one and it wasn't sold yet, and the deal was too good to pass up--I almost bought a similar used one for several hundred more a few months ago--I jumped on it---only to hear later from others who wondered who snatched it up so quick, lol.

Danny at Minicorsa will be doing my install and I will add pix to my "custom" thread.
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=132604

Richard

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello. And especially those who took advantage of the deep discounts offered and walked out with some smokin' deals.!!

If you missed it....well..you could have walked away with a full front kit for $650. Or a complete four wheel kit in red, including the very cool parking brake caliper for $2100. But as you who were there know; product is limited and it was first come- first served, err sold!

I'll be back next year and we'll do it all over again.

***Still have the set of Speckled Purple DynaPro calipers. I'll put up a pic for those who missed out and let's get these out to someone soon!

Old 03-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damnn you OctaneGuy!

I was going to get that kit but you beat me to the punch! I did get a slightly different kit though. Any way, the Cash and Carry prices were so good that I figured it was just a bit more than a two-piece rotor kit for my DT BBK (would have been about the same if I'd gotten the kit you did!)

Anyway, when I sell off the rest of my DT BBK, I figure it will still have been less to change whole kits than to get the two piece rotors.

Thanks Todd.....
Grrrr OctaneGuy....

Matt

Old 03-31-2008, 10:39 AM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PGT
I have the JCW kit on my R53 and am using TDR 1.2's in 15x7ET38
I did some "informal" measuring of the oem caliper on the R56 and the new six pot is slightly more wheel friendly than the stock one!

You hit upon this kits value; stock R56 stuff and those with the older JCW rotors. You can yank those massive irone anochors off now and run these puppies! 6lbs, 8oz including pads, brackets and bolts per side. I bet that's about half what you have now.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:20 PM
PGT
Banned
how about balance with the rear? The JCW kit includes new rear pads to maintain the balance. Suggestions for a setup that improves performance (not just heat capacity I mean)?

what's the cost on the caliper (red)? PM is ok

Old 03-31-2008, 06:58 PM
toddtce
Former Vendor
I don't see any need for other rear pads on this. The piston area of the caliper will be fine with this rotor and there's no detrimental change here. While you 'can' change the rear my customer base pretty much echo's what I've said all along; this car just can't really exploit a lot of rear brake gains.

No need for pm's yet on this. In fact I plan a more lengthy discussion on this and the other new part in the vendor area soon enough. I'm seeing this front "kit" coming in at about $679 black and $779 red. That's calipers, pads, brackets, hoses and hardware. But being new I'm open to some discounting as I was offering in Vegas.

If you're weighing brake options and are considering more of a step up to a full on bbk then this one is not for you. I'm looking at an attractive, functional, mild performance gain, and cost effective and "sweet" package upgrade to specific to the JCW or R56 rotor with this. Not a mondo race car inspired design.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:34 PM
6th Gear
Here are the photos I shot of Todd's booth. Some great deals to be had, I ended up snatching up a Dynapro 4 pot kit with 12.0 race rotors for 900 with a set of track pads .

These are the purple rotors Todd was talking about. I'm personally not a fan, but it IS a nice finish . The Black ones were pretty nice.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:37 PM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Raspberry glitter is the technical color of these calipers. But I'm feelin' purple too. Still got 'em in the shop. Deal anyone?

Old 04-01-2008, 04:25 AM
PGT
Banned
hmm. there's a local guy with screename 'Cosmic Purple'...big into autocrossing. I'd bet he'd dig those.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:46 AM
beken
6th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Raspberry glitter is the technical color of these calipers. But I'm feelin' purple too. Still got 'em in the shop. Deal anyone?
I would love them on my car, but can't get WAF for them (Wife acceptance factor). She controls the budget. Need to save money to attend AMVIV next year....sorry.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:21 PM
toddtce
Former Vendor
I put them up in the Vendor area above.
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=134692

$950 shipped, with extras (rear hoses, fluid, bottle) to the lower 48.

Being in Canada...
I'll take out the fluid and bleeder bottle and still include shipping for that price if you want 'em.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
I know the 2 guys who were in from Australia both bought brake sets from Todd this weekend and were very happy with the prices they paid. Not sure if they took them home in checked luggage or mailed them home, but either way they saved a bunch over buying similar setups at home.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:00 AM
toddtce
Former Vendor
I think what they did was ship the rotors from the local post office due to weight and then took the calipers and such in their luggage as they asked for a receipt for only those parts etc for getting luggage through customs.

They and a few others dug on the very cool blue calipers on black rotors. Sadly the pics only show the caliper as they'd taken the rotors by this time to ship. Normally I want product on display through Sat but made the exception due to their circumstances.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:13 AM
OctaneGuy
I got the Wilwoods installed at Minicorsa yesterday. I went from

to

And 100 miles later (this morning)