All other MINI parts and items for Sale (archive) Archived - Everything for sale that is not a car or wheels and tires (but is MINI/Mini-related)

FS: Dension Ice>Link new in box

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 06:39 PM
prof330i
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: Dension Ice>Link new in box

I have a new Dension Ice>Link (IceLink) for sale. Still in wrapper. It comes with the long cable to connect to the CD Changer plugs in the trunk and a Dension iPod cradle (as opposed to plain docking cable). I'm selling because I went a different route with the car. Will work in a Mini Cooper or BMW. Install guide is for BMW, but it's essentially the same as for a Mini. You can see a DIY install here for a DICE system, the Dension Ice>Link is very similar:
http://www.minicarparts.net/TechTips...structions.cfm

To have the ID3 tags show up on your radio (Artist/Song Title) I believe you need a build date of 4/2005 or later. I believe that all Minis with Navigation should be able to display the ID3 tags. This is my understanding, I don't have direct experience with build dates earlier than 4/2005.

This Ice>Link adapter isn't being made now and some people prefer it to the current DICE adapter (like me!) as the Ice>link allows for control of random play using the RND radio button and you can store the iPod in the glove compartment. In fact there is no real reason not to hide the iPod away with the Ice>Link as in the "Ice>Link" interface mode (where you have ID3 tag display on the radio), the iPod touch wheel is disabled. The MFSW or radio buttons can be used to scroll through the Artists or Playlists, but the system is not highly responsive (the way using the scroll wheel is). I have used one in our BMW by just putting the iPod on random play and if comes to an artist you want to hear more of taking it off of random play (then it continues to play that artist). I have 15G iPod with about 2500 songs, trying to scroll through that much music while driving (with the radio buttons or the scroll wheel on the iPod) is too difficult/dangerous.

The new DICE systems can keep the iPod scroll wheel active simultaneously with ID3 tag display, but to have random play, you HAVE to interact with the iPod scroll wheel to select Shuffle Songs on the iPod screen, so you can't hide the iPod away. I actually perfer the Ice>Link implementation to the current DICE implementation, but to each their own. The actual Ice>Link interface electronics are suprisingly small (and easy to hide behind the dash as they are about the size of a pencil.

Price $80 shipped; NOW $70 shipped. Paypal only, U.S. addresses only (please!). I will ship by USPS Priority Mail, which is generally a 2-3 day delivery.

See the pic below.

PM me if interested and I will send you my PayPal address. First to send payment gets it. Will ship out the next day.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Murmini
3rd Gear
There are also instructions on murmini.com for this specific 'rear install' here http://www.murmini.com/articles/2006...alling-an-ipod

Old 02-05-2007, 04:55 AM
jsoltan
3rd Gear
I already have XM installed, connected to the pass through connectors in the rear panel. Will the Ice Link work or do I have to connect to rear of head unit?

Old 02-05-2007, 09:02 AM
prof330i
1st Gear
Price $70 shipped!

It's hard to answer your XM question, it will depend on how your XM is connected. If you look on the EAS website, the XM system they sell:
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...roducts_id=267

has a pass through connector for installing a CD changer or an Ice>Link adapter.

If your XM is attached to the existing CD changer cable in the back of the car (where the Ice>link cable installs) then the XM interface box needs to have a pass through connector to allow the Ice>Link to be daisy-chained into the bus. If you have a CD changer (with or without the XM) then the Ice>Link can't be used (unless you disconnect the CD changer) as the Ice>Link imitates the CD changer interface and translates back and forth between the iPod and the radio head unit.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:08 AM
movieman
4th Gear
If I had a head unit that displayed ID3 tags, I'd be all over this. Unfortunately, I had to go with the Monster iCruz instead. It's nice, but this is a much cleaner setup.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:02 PM
jsoltan
3rd Gear
I have the XM unit shown in the picture plus Blitzsafe. Wondering if I can still use your equipment if compatable. Need a little help here audiophiles!

Old 02-05-2007, 01:01 PM
mininvy
2nd Gear
PM Sent on this

Old 02-06-2007, 02:22 AM
debaser82
1st Gear
PM sent...2nd in line:grin:

James

Old 02-06-2007, 07:45 AM
prof330i
1st Gear
I don't know if the Blitzsafe XM system will work with the Ice>Link. I poked around the web a bit, and found some conflicting information. I think you have to get the model number of your Bltizsafe interface and check the specs yourself.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:00 PM
prof330i
1st Gear
Ice>Link is sold.

Thanks