All other MINI parts and items for Sale (archive) Archived - Everything for sale that is not a car or wheels and tires (but is MINI/Mini-related)

FS: several 2006 MCS OEM parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 03:05 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
FS: several 2006 MCS OEM parts

NOTE (as of 11/15/06)

Well, from my 11/9 update below you can see I was skeptical about the final buyer on the grilles. Actually he was probably the first buyer, but never got around to making payment; the fellow who wanted both the front and 2 rear grilles after many promises to send his payment got huffy about me asking what was up again after several weeks and then just backed out. Annoying, to say the least, especially since he acted offended for being asked about the matter. Well, only one in about five was a problem, as everyone else was great about being prompt. I hope by now everyone has their stuff, as it all went out awhile ago already. So, now the front and rear grilles (the ones in the black plastic; front is an actual grille, while the 2 rears are actually solid, but are made to look like a grille) are back on the market. I have an offer pending on the rear ones, which seems likely, but nothing is certain until the MO is in hand, based on this recent episode, but the front grille is definitely open for sale as of right now. The asking prices are re-stated below. If anyone wants both, since they remain packed as a set, the deal I made was for $48 shipped on both front and rears and it would save me the unwrapping part. If the rears go though, I can obviously only do the front one. HURRY.

Standard Black Mesh Front Lower Grill (replaced with stainless steel): $25 + shipping

Standard Black Mesh Rear Right & Left Grills (as above): $25 + shipping

NOTE (as of 11/9/06)

ATTENTION:

While all items have been sold, not all payments have yet to come in, so please stay tuned. If the '06 MCS stock black plastic front and rear grilles interest you they may come back to the marketplace. Also, since this was my first auction, I am a little curious. For other than one party, all offerers sent me payment immediately or close to it. How often do offerers commit and then not follow-through? Hopefully, that will not be the case here and the offerer simply was delayed, but the delay makes me ask about the experience others have had here. Thanks.

NOTE (as of 11/3/06)

It looks like all the original listed items are now sold, as well as the cupholder. Now, I have one more item. I just replaced the original Anthracite down tubes with the carbon fiber versions. While the original down tubes were in the vehicle for only 2,000 miles, they do show a little wear. One area is from the placement of the cupholder, as when it came off it left a very, very faint line. if you have a cupholder thei will be covered up easily. The other blemish is on the front crest of the passenger side tube. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the part of the tube that over time gets the most blemishes, as it protrudes the most. I think my bleshish cam from a small brieface being on the seat and sliding forward on a short stop and hitting the tube. In any case, the blemish is noticeable, but not prominent (in fact with a little black marker it is now almost not noticeable unless you are looking for it). In any case, based on the advertisement at this link: http://www.myminiparts.com/proddetai...od=MMCP&cat=10 it would seem the going wholesale rate on a pair is $55, so I sell these for less than half that price, or $25, which means aboout $35 shipped. Anyone?

Note (as of 10/27/06):

It seems almost all these items are spoken for; the deals seem set, but I'll advise if anything changes. All that remains unspoken for (although there are e-mails still being exchanged) is the kick panel. I'd also like to sell my never been used cup holder, if anyone is interested; the going rate seems to be $25 plus shipping. If that is incorrect, please point me in the right direction, but I want going rate for "new" or "just like new". It is in the Anthracite color (the attcahment plate that goes on the passenger side pillar).

Note (as of 10/25/06):

I just read about front and rear stock grills (just like the ones I have on my list below) being sold here for $30 shipped. From the pictures of those grills and the description of the grills being sold, mine are in much better condition. As stated, they are essentially NEW. New prices below on everything. Original post follows, but with new prices.

All replaced during first 500 miles of use; "like new" in all cases. Prices reflect my best estimate of worth (based on list prices, when I could find them; if you can point me to a proper list price that is more accurate, please let me know, as I am simply doing my best to get this right). Best offers may be accepted. Contact me through private e-mail. Located in NNJ; either p/u or we will work out the shipping depending on price.

Chrome Line Front Upper Grill (replaced when driving lamps replaced): was $60, now $35

Standard Black Mesh Front Lower Grill (replaced with stainless steel): was $55, now $25

Standard Black Mesh Rear Right & Left Grills (as above): was $55, now $25

Standard Lower Dash Driver's Kick Panel (replaced by parcel shelf): was $55, now $25

Standard Air Box (replaced by JCW Airbox): was $175, now $100 (as JCW was almost $500)

Last edited by blackie; 11-14-2006 at 09:13 PM. Reason: 10/25: re-pricing; 10/27: updates; 11/3 addition & update; 11/9 UPDATE; 11/15 UPDATE due to ?
Old 10-22-2006, 03:16 PM
ThereIsNoSpoon
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please list asking prices as listed in the marketplace guidelines.

thanks!

Old 10-22-2006, 04:10 PM
blackie
6th Gear
OK; I would have listed "something" if I could have found what these parts went for, but I struggled to find factory prices. I'll try harder and come back with something.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:47 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Bump: See Revised Prices

Old 10-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
edit

Old 10-25-2006, 06:13 PM
sneves
3rd Gear
Pm sent on drivers side kick panel

Old 10-25-2006, 06:59 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Thanks folks; I have several responses already on all parts above, other than the stock air box, but I have been away from the computer all day, so I'll start replying with private messages now. Some folks want the same parts, which will make the replying a little more complicated, but you all will get answers tonight, so sit tight.

Old 10-25-2006, 07:42 PM
blackie
6th Gear
I now see an add for the JCW air box was on here earlier today at about $250, but all got sold in minutes. The stock one is the only item not yet bid upon. Anyone want to make me an offer?

Old 10-25-2006, 11:07 PM
discodan
5th Gear
does the airbox have the top and the bottom? if so i'll make you an offer. where in NJ? my girlfriend lives in West Orange, i'm in that area (Livingston, Morristown, etc.) quite often. let me know.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:20 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Thanks for the inquiry. The air box is complete. It is in the box its replacement came in; it was replaced 3 weeks to the day of acquiring the vehicle (which was less than 500 miles of use by then) by the JCW one. Surprise, I live in West Orange, so it seems that you can easily inspect it for yourself.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:19 PM
blackie
6th Gear
OK folks, it looks like the airbox, chrome line grille, and the front & rear stock black grilles are all spoken for; most are confirmed, but I'll let you know if anything changes. So that leaves the kick panel, which had a buyer who apparently got a quicker response and bought elsewhere, but also has another inquiry in progress. I'm anxious to wrap this up, especially since I am going to add one more item FOR SALE, which is the cup holder and attachment plate, so get back to me on both these "just like-new" stock parts (the kick panel and the cup holder/attachment plate). The cup holder has never been used, as I removed it immediately and just thought I'd see if I might ever miss it. I don't drive long distances normally, so I doubt I would ever wish I kept it for that odd occasion. It is in the Anthracite color. Any takers? I priced it at what seems to be the going rate. If I am wrong, just let me know. I only want the normal going rate plus the shipping costs. Sound fair?

Old 10-27-2006, 10:12 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Ok, now the kick panel seems spoken for, so that leaves the cup holder, which I just read about another one for sale asking $30 + shipping ($5 more than above) for a used '05. Anybody want an Anthracite '06 "NEW" for $25 +shippping? Help me finish this garage sale up. I had a bad night and could use ending it on a good note.

THE BAD NIGHT:

I drove all the way to Atlantic City and back in the rain to see the Rolling Stones, who cancelled at the very last minute (well, just about the time I began driving through Friday night rush hour traffic; it took 3.5 hours to get there, which is at least an hour over the norm), so I didn't see them tonight after-all (also a relatively new band called The Fray was opening who I also wanted to see). It seems that old Mick is not feeling too well; it was raining steadily and getting worse and they were planning on flying to AC in a helicopter (from NYC, where they are staying for their Beacon Theater shows on 10/29 - Bill Clinton's B-day bash - and Halloween) and in a storm this no longer ideal. Taking a limo I suppose would be a drag and if Mick isn't well in another 48 hours he could have to miss Bill Clinton's B-day bash at the Beacon Theater (the ticket sales for this have been a pathetic joke on me; I keep getting shut out and after tonight, I think I deserve at least two passes) and old Martin Scorsese can't shoot his film (he is filming both nights for a documentary) should Mick stay sick, so they just last minute bag this date in AC. I wouldn't stay to gamble; this was a bad sign, so I turned right around and drove the 2.5 hours back. What a night!

Old 10-28-2006, 06:47 AM
blackie
6th Gear
FYI:

The actual cost "new" of the cup holder I listed above as per the Morristown (Open Road) Mini website (known to be one of the best dealer sites for pricing) is as follows:

Cup Holder - Anthracite $49.50 (list price) $42.08 (Internet price)
Oversized cupholder conveniently placed in front of the air vents. Price does not include installation.
This item fits years: 2003 - 2006
Item # 51 16 0 300 878

Old 10-28-2006, 07:07 AM
blackie
6th Gear
...and listed for even more at MossMini:

This is the new cup holder fitted to all 2005 Mini’s. Its simple style fits well with the Mini’s interior. Available is matching Anthracite and Silver to match the factory dash.

Part # Price Description Application
02-06 Cooper & S
101-301 $51.95
Factory Cup Holder - Anthracite
02-06 Cooper & S

Old 10-28-2006, 01:55 PM
blackie
6th Gear
So I guess no one likes the large drink cup holder unless they have a long commute. Is that what I should take away from the big yawn here?

Old 10-28-2006, 02:26 PM
jjtricket
2nd Gear
Everybody is watching football!

Old 10-28-2006, 07:32 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jjtricket
Everybody is watching football!
Not for the past 2 days.

Old 10-29-2006, 11:07 AM
skillet
6th Gear
Give ya $20 plus shipping for the cupholder. I'm located in Indiana.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:13 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Update!

Thanks for playing. Here is an update; as of now it looks like everything is sold, but until all payments are in hand you never know. I have everything packed and ready to go. :impatient When everything has been paid for I'll update the thread. Again, thanks for looking, asking, and buying.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:39 PM
blackie
6th Gear
BUMP for 11/3 update and additional item for SALE.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:01 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Bump Bump

Old 11-04-2006, 07:39 AM
blackie
6th Gear
PMs have come in with several offers on the down tubes. This seems like it will all be concluded today. Those who offered will all get replies. Thanks.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:41 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Bump

Old 11-14-2006, 08:59 PM
blackie
6th Gear
bump for update

Old 11-16-2006, 10:51 PM
blackie
6th Gear
grilles are still here....so far no follow-up on the offer for just the rears, so offer on either the rears, the front, or both, especially both since they are already all packaged and ready to fly