MINI Motoring Club of Alaska is officially on NAM!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 11:47 AM
AK.JCW
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope to see you at the meeting on Saturday MooseKiller!!! What color is your roof?? My car might have a twin!!

Old 04-13-2011, 04:08 PM
MooseKiller
Neutral
Originally Posted by AK.JCW
Hope to see you at the meeting on Saturday MooseKiller!!! What color is your roof?? My car might have a twin!!
Black roof... Twins?

Old 04-26-2011, 05:26 AM
nolimit
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
will there be a meeting sometime this summer?
I Might be able to make a run from Fairbanks to meet up.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:30 PM
MrsDarcy
Coordinator :: Alaska MINI Club
Cooper's Landing Rally & Poker Run this Saturday 7/23!

MINI Motor-ers:

For reasons that should be obvious, we are traveling again this year to Cooper's Landing! But this time we're going to incorporate a Poker Run into the rally: At every stop (5 total), every MINI gets a card from one deck of cards (2 decks will be used if needed). At the end of the rally, the best hand wins! There will be a $10 buy-in and prizes will be awarded to the best hands at the end of the rally.

As for grub, we are open for suggestions! Last year we ate at the Kenai Princess Lodge, which worked out great. But if anyone would prefer to eat somewhere else, please send in your recommendations!

We'll be meeting at the Lowe's on Old Seward at 10:00 am in the rear of the parking lot this Saturday July 23rd. If you are able to make it please RSVP so we have a feel for how many are coming. Also feel free to call/text me if you are running late so you don’t get left behind…

The MMCA has a couple new (and exciting) additions to the group: a Countryman and an ’82 Classic Mini! The Classic Mini has been fully restored and I, for one, am stoked about seeing it! Jason, the owner, said he would be able to join us at the rally with both his MINI/Mini’s, but that the Classic may not be joining us on the trek. So if you can’t make it to the rally, think about coming down to the meet spot (Lowes) to take a look at it!

Hope to see everyone this Saturday!

Let’s Motor.

Cassie
rulethebends@gmail.com
907-317-2064

PS – If you haven’t already, be sure to like us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MIN...lub-of-Alaska/

Old 09-10-2011, 06:14 PM
PorscheMini
2nd Gear
Hey Cassie! This is John M. checking in, please add me to the group!

Old 12-25-2012, 02:34 PM
copperhd
1st Gear
New (to me) Mini coming to Anchorage

Hello all. I live in Anchorage but currently in Chicago for family matters. I have always loved the Mini Cooper. This past summer I met a young lady at the fuel station and i asked her a million and one questions about her Mini. She was very gracious.

While in Chicago, last week I purchased a 2005 MCS! Drove to The Tire Rack in South Bend, Indian and purchased winter wheel/tire combo. A nice drive there and back to Chicago. I'm loving it! I plan on bringing it back home to Anchorage.

It is Dark Silver w/Black top and mirrors. Borla exhaust is on it (via previous owner). Now the $$personalization$$ of the Mini begins. Changing the head unit, adding interior Chrome Package. Thinking of bonnet stripes (black?).

Hopefully I will be there for the next gathering, as I have been in and out.

How do I join Anchorage Chapter?

Old 12-25-2012, 07:36 PM
jjamie99515
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to Alaska

Cassie is our president of our Mini Cooper Motoring Club of Alaska. She should see your posts and respond to it. Hope to see you this summer and your new wheels.

Jim - 2007 Blue Convertible

Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 AM
copperhd
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jjamie99515
Cassie is our president of our Mini Cooper Motoring Club of Alaska. She should see your posts and respond to it. Hope to see you this summer and your new wheels.

Jim - 2007 Blue Convertible
Thank you jjamie99515! Looking forward to it.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:01 PM
marbee40
Neutral
Hmmm....awfully quiet for the last 9 months...??? Bueller?

Old 09-18-2013, 12:07 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think everyone went to the FB page instead...

Old 09-18-2013, 10:54 AM
MrsDarcy
Coordinator :: Alaska MINI Club
It is pretty quiet here... Poor neglected NAM :(

We definitely need to include more updates for club events here... Here's some stuff going on for September (this was in our last email...):

MMCA Members,

Since we missed the Hatcher's Pass Rally that was originally scheduled in June, we've collectively decided to do that this Saturday 9/21 in place of the scavenger hunt that was originally scheduled. We'll be meeting at MINI of Anchorage at 12:45pm (departure at 1:00…) and head towards Denali Harley Davidson to regroup. Then we'll take Hyer Road to Trunk Road (anybody know the status of Trunk??). From there we'll head up the valley to Hatcher's Pass stopping at the parking lot at Independence Mine. We can go up to the mine as a group if anybody is interested, though the visitors center is closed… If you want to see the mine, parking is $5. Please RSVP if you are planning on coming so we don't leave anyone behind…

Also, the Pirate Pub Crawl is the same night at 7:00pm in downtown Anchorage. It's a super fun event that benefits the Blood Bank of Alaska and it would be awesome to have a group of MINI pirates dress up together and hit some pubs - Argghhh!! :D Here's the link with more information if you're interested in going… John Mart and I will be going for sure!! If we can get a good group together, we'll plan on where to park and perhaps get someone to volunteer as a designated MINI driver???

BIG NEWS: MINI USA has finally released the dates and route for MINI Takes the States 2014!! MTTS is a cross-country event MINI puts on every two years (here's a link to the 2012 event…) and has been described as "the trip of a lifetime." In 2014, MINI's route will be from San Francisco to Boston (7/26-8/10 - for more info on city stops, click here ). Although the Northwest isn't involved this time around (where's the love MINI??), we are going to be planning a trip down to Seattle to meet the Puget Sound MINI Club and drive with them to San Francisco. Our dates are TBD and are dependent on how many MINIs and owners we get to participate. If you are interested, please let me know!! There will be more details to come as we get this epic rally planned out… :D

Hope to see you all Saturday!!

Let's Motor.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:06 PM
CooperJCW
1st Gear
Hello all,

I didn't know that the Alaska mini club was on NAM. It doesn't look like a very active thread though. I haven't joined the club yet but I would like to. I have been driving a cooper R56 S for three years now and love it. I also just bought a 2013 JCW R56. Anyway my name is Kevin and I just wanted to say hi

Old 01-22-2014, 10:13 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hello, and welcome Kevin! I believe the MINI Motoring Club of Alaska is a bit more active on FB - Cassie has been putting the club meeting dates/location on the FB page. They're a great group of people and I could only wish I could be more active in the club...but that's a bit difficult from Kodiak. If you don't have FB - I'm more than happy to look up the next meeting date for you!

Old 01-22-2014, 08:13 PM
CooperJCW
1st Gear
Thanks for the info. I'll check them out on FaceBook
I'm a pilot for Era so I get to Kodiak often...beautiful place!