Go Back  North American Motoring > Club and Regional Forums > United States :: West > Alaska MINI Club
MINI Motoring Club of Alaska is officially on NAM! >

MINI Motoring Club of Alaska is officially on NAM!

MINI Motoring Club of Alaska is officially on NAM!

Old 06-26-2010, 04:49 PM
CRoth
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow!!! You guys really have some great pictures! I was in Alaska when I was very young and couldn't imagine it being a popular place for Mini's. Those pictures would get my vote in a contest! Motor on!!!

Chad

Old 08-14-2010, 10:35 AM
djmckenzie
Neutral
Hello to fellow Alaskan MINI owners

Just would like to say Hello to all the members of the Alaskan group. We met some of you on the rally to Hatcher Pass in July 17 2010. We were the Red and Black Clubman you folks waited for. I took a bunch of photos that day and wanted to share them with you. I'll see if I can post a link to Photo.net http://photo.net/photodb/member-photos?user_id=39561http://photo.net/photodb/member-photos? I guess it worked! What is going on for the month of Aug and Sept. I have been emailing Cassie about a rally in the valley covering some 88miles of backroads with lots of twisty's and having a pot luck at our Studio then another twisty back road to the Hwy below
Wal mart and back to Anch for you folks. I really have this MINI Mania thing bad and need some one to talk to besides my shrink. Dennis McKenzie UPDate: well the link did not work. to see photos go to my website www.birchgrovestudios.com and look under photos and click on the link to Photo.net at the bottom of the page. That should work.

Attached Thumbnails MINI Motoring Club of Alaska is officially on NAM!-rally-at-hatcher-pass-webju.jpg  

Last edited by djmckenzie; 08-14-2010 at 10:45 AM. Reason: link did not work
Old 08-14-2010, 10:40 PM
jjamie99515
1st Gear
Great Pictures

Hi Dennis, we missed you today for the Rally to Seward. We had 9 all together, and many who were not on the Hatcher Pass Rally. Sorry you could not make it. Are you getting Cassie's e-mail?

Jim

Old 08-15-2010, 09:46 AM
djmckenzie
Neutral
HI Jim

No I am not getting Cassie's emails. I did not know about the rally to Seward. Great place Seward. We kept a sailboat there for 20 yrs. But even if I had known I could not have made it as I am getting ready to show our work (Pottery) at the State Fair in Palmer, coming up all to soon. I am putting in very long days with no breaks. Going to have close to 900 pots. But I do take a break and put Katana thru her paces on nice twisty paved back roads around our place. It's amazing what this stock MINI will do on these curves! I have invited the club through Cassie to have a rally in the Valley that twists its way around Wasila and on to Big Lake with a pot luck at our studio and taking another twisty, Fairview Loop Rd back to the starting point. Some 88miles of twisty paved back roads that take 2hrs to drive very fast. Cassie has maps I sent her and more information.She said she would see if we can fit it in for Sept. Hope we can. Dennis

Old 08-15-2010, 04:06 PM
AK.JCW
3rd Gear
DJMckenze,

send me a PM with your email address and I will get you added to the members list ASAP. Not sure why you're not getting them and I apologize.

I hope to meet you at our next venture.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:39 PM
AK.JCW
3rd Gear
I missed the Hachers pass run but I did make the Seward run and it was fun driving down listening to the comments of the folks walking on the street.

Oh and I fixed your link to your pictures which are very good...
http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=977840

Old 08-16-2010, 09:28 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love the photos! Really hope I can make it on a run someday!

Old 08-17-2010, 10:10 AM
djmckenzie
Neutral
Thank you.

Thank you Darran for your comments on the photo's. It was fun to be shooting again and working in Photoshop. Hope you can make it over sometime as well. There are lots of fun roads here in the Valley. Dennis

Old 09-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Chica01
Neutral
Talking Hello Alaska!

Well I finally made my move from Germany to Anchorage yesterday. I picked up my mini today from the port. If you see me around say hi

Old 10-01-2010, 02:47 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Hi Chica

I'm currently on vacation across the pond. I spent a good portion of my vacation in Germany and I could only wish to have my MINI here right now. I think it would be a blast to drive it on the autobahn and the windy roads in the Alps.

What does your MINI look like?

Old 10-01-2010, 08:28 AM
AK.JCW
3rd Gear
That's awesome Chica!!

You have to bring your car to the next Mini rally!! To get updates go here and sign up: minimotoringclubofalaska.com

Happy motoring

Old 10-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Chica01
Neutral
I was excited I saw a purple mini and a yello mini while looking for an apartment today
Oh and thanks for the link, I signed up already. Yea I would love to go to the next rally.

Attached Thumbnails MINI Motoring Club of Alaska is officially on NAM!-mini1.jpg  
Old 11-18-2010, 11:10 AM
mankypurple
2nd Gear
great idea. would love to join the club with holly, my purple 06 COOP-S. count me in.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:35 AM
AK.JCW
3rd Gear
Mankypurple... go here and sign up: minimotoringclubofalaska.com

You never know... we might be crazy enough to make it up near your neck of the woods!!

Old 11-19-2010, 01:08 PM
mankypurple
2nd Gear
done and done. sweet. thanks. now i will cross my fingers and hope something happens around here.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:35 AM
nameless_ak
1st Gear
For Sale

Hi guys, I just drove up a 2008 Mini Cooper S Clubman from AZ and I'm selling it up here in alaska. It has 15,*** miles on it and TONS of options. If any of you guys are looking to buy a Clubman give me a shout. Asking $24,900. Retailed well over $30K new. and it is basically still new. I'm going to get some pics up soon. [email protected]

Last edited by nameless_ak; 01-09-2011 at 01:55 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:31 PM
mankypurple
2nd Gear
feeling adventurous

i have seen perhaps a dozen different minis in fairbanks, and seeing as there is no club here locally for us, anyone willing to give me some pointers on creating a club for fairbanks? or letting me create a branch off another club for the fairbanks area? the latter is the most beneficial and easiest for me since my skills with a computer are award winning... except making functional internet sites for a club. soo... help a fellow mini junkie please!!!

Old 02-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Mini Mayfair 1275 GT
Neutral
Become a member

Im going to be moving to Ft. Richardson here in the next couple of months. I have a 1982 Mini Mayfair 1275 GT. I would like to get information on what i need to do to join the Alaskan Mini club. If all works out My wife will also be bring with her a 2011 Mini as well.

Attached Thumbnails MINI Motoring Club of Alaska is officially on NAM!-1823857.jpg   MINI Motoring Club of Alaska is officially on NAM!-1825743.jpg   MINI Motoring Club of Alaska is officially on NAM!-1823853.jpg  
Old 02-20-2011, 01:14 PM
MrsDarcy
Coordinator :: Alaska MINI Club
That's exciting! I can't wait to see your classic mini. You'll be the first in the club...

All you need to do is sign up on our website (minimotoringclubofalaska.com) and we'll add you to the email list so we can keep you updated on rally's.

Let us know when you make it up here! Our first rally is scheduled in May...think you'll be up here by then? If not, we'll have one at least one scheduled every month in the spring, summer, and fall.

Welcome to the Club!

Old 02-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Mini Mayfair 1275 GT
Neutral
Thanks Cassie. Yes it is a real eye turner over here in Germany, so im sure it will be there as well. I already registered, looking forward to getting up there. I wont be there until July 10th since we are driving up there, not in the mini though, we are towing it on a trailer behind us. We are looking forward to meeting everyone up there, cant wait.

Jason

Old 02-20-2011, 08:40 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
I love the Classic Mini! I've seen maybe 2 others in the Anchorage area...would be awesome to see yours running around the roads of Alaska.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:23 AM
AkFarina
Banned
I suppose I should post in here. Im in San Diego right now but ill be back up there next winter. i have a Black mini S. Its really loud so thats an easy way to identify it.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Mini Mayfair 1275 GT
Neutral
Excited

We just bought a 2011 Mini Country Man. Not sure if there is any up there or not. We will be arriving with it along with the 1982 Mini in July. Cant wait to get out on a couple of these road trips.

Jason

Old 04-06-2011, 11:56 AM
AK.JCW
3rd Gear
Jason, be sure to give us a ring when you get up here... I for one am interested in checking out your Countryman. I've only seen one and it did an illegal right hand turn in front of me or I would have chased them down.

You would also be the first I know to have a classic in the club up here!!

Old 04-11-2011, 02:20 PM
MooseKiller
Neutral
Greetings!

Greetings everyone! I just found this site after signing up at minimotoringclubofalaska.com, and thought I would sign up here as well. My wide and I recently purchased a Dark Silver 2006 MINI S JCW, and have fallen completely in love with it... We're hoping to run into other MINI owners around town.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MINI Motoring Club of Alaska is officially on NAM!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: