MINI Motoring Club of Alaska is officially on NAM!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:17 PM
jjamie99515
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mrs Darcy,
I parked beside a Mini Cooper this morning and someone put a MMCA Flyer on my windshild. Thanks to whoever it was for the invitation to join. I would like to be included in future rallies if I have the day off.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:43 PM
MrsDarcy
Coordinator :: Alaska MINI Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is great news! We'd love to have you join our group... Would you be able to send me a private message with your contact information (name and email or prefered contact method) as well as a description of your MINI? You can also contact me via the website, or just email join@minimotoringclubofalaska.com.

We'll all be meeting at the Moose's Tooth sometime near the end of this month to plan our next rally. I'll keep you posted!

Happy Motoring!

Old 05-11-2010, 02:02 PM
jjamie99515
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I look forward to getting together at the Mooses Tooth and at the next Rally.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:14 PM
AK.JCW
3rd Gear
Hi JJamie99515!!

Was that a Blue convertible cooper at the mall by chance??? If so that was my jewel you parked next too... Glad one of those flyers worked!!!

Old 05-13-2010, 01:09 PM
MrsDarcy
Pizza and Beer - MMCA Meeting at the Moose's Tooth

Hey Guys!

MMCA is planning to meet at the Moose’s Tooth in Anchorage for pizza, beer, and discussion of our next rally.

The meeting is scheduled for either Friday, May 28th or Saturday, May 29th.

Everyone is invited, so please come! I’ll bring the leftover “MINI Swag” for those who didn’t make it to the spring rally. I’d love to get everyone together, so please email me with what day would work best for you. I know COOL S is going to be out of town on Friday, so Saturday would be best for him. We’ll see what works best for the majority…

I’m stoked for the next rally… wherever that may be. Hope to hear from everybody soon!

Cassie
Coordinator
MINI Motoring Club of Alaska
join@minimotoringclubofalaska.com

Old 05-23-2010, 11:56 AM
MrsDarcy
MMCA Moose's Tooth Meeting, Friday May 28th @ 7pm

Moose’s Tooth Meeting…

Looks like Friday May 28th is the best day for the next meeting. We will be meeting at the Moose’s Tooth in midtown around 7:00 pm for Pizza and Beer and to discuss the next rally. I’ll call a few days ahead (and when I get an accurate head count) for reservations. Also, thanks to a suggestion by AK.JCW, I may have a hard time holding spots on a Friday night… So we will be parking at the Post Office just behind the Moose’s Tooth. AK.JCW made a pic for those who don’t know where it is (attached).

Happy Motoring

Cassie
Coordinator
join@minimotoringclubofalaska.com

Attached Thumbnails MINI Motoring Club of Alaska is officially on NAM!-moose-s-tooth.jpg  
Old 06-04-2010, 10:57 PM
JustCarolynn
1st Gear
I would love to be apart of this club

I haven't had my Mini for as long as you it seems but I love it to death. Its always been a dream car of mine. I can see I am one of the few that does not have the racing strips. Instead I have an emblem on my car that says "size matters."

I paid 20k for mine and actually have it listed for sale. Not sure if I am going to really sell it right now but its a thought.

Look forward to the future cruises with everyone. That would be awesome!

Old 06-05-2010, 12:31 AM
AK.JCW
3rd Gear
FOR SALE??? What year and kind cooper do you have? Good luck with the sale... It would be hard for me to part with mine. My kids are already fighting for which one is going to get it...

Get ready to get your motor on.. Send MrsDarcy a PM with your contact info and Welcome to NAM. This is a very useful tool to help you with your mini if you choose to keep it.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:41 AM
JustCarolynn
1st Gear
I have a 2006 S. Still trying to figure out what color it really is. :p I really don't want to part with it. The bad thing is.. I have 3 kids.. They are not shrinking as I want them too. Instead the Cooper seems to be doing the shrinking. I may decide to just get something really cheap and park the mini but keep it hidden for summer time fun. I am not asking a cheap price and so far only 3 calls on it since April so its not going so fast. (THANK GOD)

Old 06-05-2010, 12:48 AM
AK.JCW
3rd Gear
hahaaha shrinking I wish. You can find the color if you lift the bonnet (hood) and looking at the front of the car on the left shock tower by the windshield washer filler is a sticker that has the color written on it.

My vote if you can afford it.. park it for your toy car.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:43 PM
MrsDarcy
MINI Road Rally to Cooper Landing (for obvious reasons) - Anchorage to Cooper Landing

Hey everyone!

Looks like the next road rally is going to be to Cooper Landing! Let’s hope there will be no need for explaining why we chose “Cooper” Landing… The current plan is to meet up at Carrs Huffman in Anchorage at 12:00 on Saturday June 12th. We'll be grabing a late lunch/early dinner there... There will be many stops with photo-ops, so bring your camera. It's a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive, so pack some snacks!

It was great to meet all the new members at the Moose’s Tooth! We had an excellent turnout, and perhaps we could meet up there again near the end of the season. I apologize if it took me a while to get back to everyone! I’ve been super busy...

Please let me know if you plan to attend so I can get a head count, and so we don’t leave anyone behind. Any suggestions for our July rally would be great. One of our newer members (Tina: PW/B) is a photographer out at the Alaska Raceway Park up in the Butte. She suggested we motor on up there for one of the fun events that are scheduled (http://www.alaskaracewaypark.com/), and enjoy some seriously fun twisties along the way. It would make for an excellent short trip. Also, just a reminder, Paul and Kim have offered their home in Seward if anyone is up for a BBQ potluck in either July/August, or whenever?

Hope to see everyone next Saturday (6/12)!

Let’s Motor.

Cassie
Coordinator

Old 06-06-2010, 02:32 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cassie -

I've been talking to my sister about heading up to Anchorage for the 4th of July weekend. I still haven't figured out if I'll be driving my MCS up there or if I'll just fly up and drive her car. lol Would be great to meet up if I make it up there...

Great pics, btw. Wish I had the time to get the MINIs in Kodiak organized for some sort of get together. We even have a new arrival here - a hot chocolate Clubman. Still haven't had a chance to talk to the owner, but I managed to get a wave from her

Old 06-06-2010, 03:26 PM
MrsDarcy
That would be great if you could make it. Not sure what everyone's plans are for the 4th, but I'm sure we could all get together...even for a short run.

I still can't believe how many MINIs there are in Kodiak. Who would of thought? The hot chocolate Clubman is growing on me... I hated the color at first, but paired with biege leather interior, and my chocolate lab in the back...it'd look pretty good.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:19 PM
blainelv
4th Gear
I have been wanting to bring my MINI up since the weather has turned and now the club is another reason. Might just have to take some vacation and go pick it up. Decisions...decisions!

Old 06-07-2010, 04:47 PM
MrsDarcy
You totally should go get it... How long have you been seperated from your MINI??

If you want to get a MINI fix and join us for any club activities, let us know. You're more than welcome to tag along...

Old 06-08-2010, 01:19 AM
blainelv
4th Gear
I moved up here in Dec. but was back visiting in Jan. Thank you for the invite to get a MINI fix.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:06 AM
JustCarolynn
1st Gear
So how did the rally go? I so wanted to be there. But a dogs life is pretty important to me and I feel good that I was able to be at the adoption clinic and watch as dogs found their friends and homes.
It was an interesting day to say the least. We rescued a dog out of the pound a week ago. This dog had been in the pound for over a couple of months and was never claimed by its owner. As we all know what happens when they are in there to long we rescued this dog from its certain fate. I am the foster mom for him for the time being and was with him at the adoption clinic. Then a guy reeking of alcohol came in and claimed him as his dog. Come to find out this dog is one of about 10 that this guy has but cannot take care of them properly and he isn't the first dog that has ended up in the pound out of this guys lot. Needless to say, it was a tearful good bye and a greater understanding that he needs to do something about the numerous dogs he has. I am happy to say that I will be fostering another one of his dogs in the near future and he is okay knowing that his dog is in good hands and has a lot of fun with the kids.
Hopefully I will be able to attend the next rally. I look forward to it.

With all that being said.. Has those fliers been passed out here in the Valley. I quite a few Mini Coopers around here where I live and actually got a wave and a nod the other day. :-)

Old 06-13-2010, 11:41 AM
MrsDarcy
I have a soft spot for dogs too I have two labs and love them to death! I always hate hearing about abused/neglected dogs... Glad you are there to help them.

We have one other member, besides yourself, located in the valley. I don't know if he has been passing out the flyers or not. He hasn't made it to any of the meetings yet. I can't remember if I emailed you the flyer or not so I attached it here.

The rally went really well! We had 6 MINIs show up and believe it or not, the weather was great at Cooper Landing! I'll post some pics as soon as I get some. If you go to the website, click on recent road rallies, and scroll down to the bottom. There should be a link there that'll send you to AK.JCW's Picasa with tons of pics from all of our meetings.

I'll update you soon on the next rally, looks like it'll be July 10th or 17th.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MMCA Flyer.pdf (99.4 KB, 120 views)
Old 06-16-2010, 10:22 AM
JustCarolynn
1st Gear
Okay I will print out some flyers. This foster dog I have right now is supposed to have some company today. Hopefully he will get adopted. He is not getting along to well with my dogs so we are playing musical kennels and changing all the dogs in and out so they all have time to run and play without worrying that there is going to be a fight. lol
My kids were super disappointed that we went to the adoption clinic instead of to the "race" as they put it. LOL I will make sure to go this next time.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:30 AM
lookabkl
1st Gear
Hi everyone! I moved to Anchorage last year and have been DYING to find a club. I would love to attend your next rally. I'm very interested in speaking to other MINI owners up here and see how you guys are handling the service/repair issues. Plus it's always great to see other MINIs

Old 06-26-2010, 02:08 PM
JustCarolynn
1st Gear
Glad to have you around. And welcome to Alaska.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:09 PM
AK.JCW
3rd Gear
Lookabkl,

Welcome aboard and we look forward to seeing you at some of the up coming events soon!!

I totally agree with you on seeing other MINI's equals FUN!

Old 06-26-2010, 03:12 PM
AK.JCW
3rd Gear
Sin City club member!!

Originally Posted by blainelv
I moved up here in Dec. but was back visiting in Jan. Thank you for the invite to get a MINI fix.
I hope you're not freezing coming from Vegas yet. Did you make a decision to bring your MINI up? You know my vote so if you need a tag along for the drive....

Old 06-26-2010, 04:17 PM
JustCarolynn
1st Gear
One of those two days would be awesome. I have to leave for out of state on the 18th. LOL. so it will be cutting it close but I would love to take a cruise before I leave. That will help curb the Cooper Withdraws I am going to be having while I am out of state. :p

Originally Posted by MrsDarcy
I have a soft spot for dogs too I have two labs and love them to death! I always hate hearing about abused/neglected dogs... Glad you are there to help them.

We have one other member, besides yourself, located in the valley. I don't know if he has been passing out the flyers or not. He hasn't made it to any of the meetings yet. I can't remember if I emailed you the flyer or not so I attached it here.

The rally went really well! We had 6 MINIs show up and believe it or not, the weather was great at Cooper Landing! I'll post some pics as soon as I get some. If you go to the website, click on recent road rallies, and scroll down to the bottom. There should be a link there that'll send you to AK.JCW's Picasa with tons of pics from all of our meetings.

I'll update you soon on the next rally, looks like it'll be July 10th or 17th.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:19 PM
JustCarolynn
1st Gear
Thanks for that info. I looked. Its a metallic black. So that would explain all the other colors that show through. There is another word in front of metallic black but I don't remember what it says. lol

Originally Posted by AK.JCW
hahaaha shrinking I wish. You can find the color if you lift the bonnet (hood) and looking at the front of the car on the left shock tower by the windshield washer filler is a sticker that has the color written on it.

My vote if you can afford it.. park it for your toy car.

Quick Reply: MINI Motoring Club of Alaska is officially on NAM!