Alabama Motoring Society: BAMA and Rocket City The forum for the Alabama Motoring Society.
Visit the BAMA club site at www.bamamini.com
Visit the Rocket City MINI club site at www.rocketcitymini.com

Preorder Spay Neuter License Plates

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 10:16 AM
bamatt
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Preorder Spay Neuter License Plates

I'm in for one even giving up my Roll Tide tag...
they gotta presell 1000 to get them into production

Spay/Neuter License Plate Being Offered (Montgomery, AL) More than 135,000 cats and dogs are euthanized in Alabama each year. The Alabama Veterinary Medical Foundation (ALVMF) has received approval from the Alabama Department of Revenue for individuals to begin placing orders for the Spay-Neuter license plate. The cost of the tag is the standard $50 like other specialized tags, with $41.25 of each sale going to the Foundation to assist low-income families with the cost of spaying and neutering their pets. One thousand tags must be pre-sold within 12 months in order for the program to be implemented. The 12 month period began November 1, 2007.
The Alabama Veterinary Medical Association and the ALVMF encourage all Alabama residents to consider purchasing one of these special plates in support of the ongoing spay/neuter efforts. Alabama residents, currently on Medicaid, will be able to have their pet spayed or neutered with funds collected from the sale of these license plates.
Supporters who wish to purchase a Spay-Neuter license plate may visit their local county license plate issuing official’s office, complete a “Commitment to Purchase” application, and pay the additional $50 fee. You will continue to use your current license plate until the Spay-Neuter plate is produced (after 1000 have been pre-sold). The Foundation will notify you after the plates are produced and are available in the county license plate offices. To receive the Spay-Neuter plate, you then go to the license office where the original application was completed, present the original “Commitment to Purchase” and the receipt for $50, along with your current standard license plate. Please note: you must have these two original documents to receive the plate.
The Alabama Veterinary Medical Foundation appreciates your support of this program benefiting spay/neuter efforts in the state of Alabama.

Director of Public Relations/Communications
Alabama Veterinary Medical Association
334-395-0086
334-270-3399 (Fax)

Last edited by bamatt; 02-05-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Louispup
5th Gear
(secret fun fact) If it's like the other sponsored plates in Alabama, you can personalize it for no additional charge (then go on laughing at all the AU plates you see that have random numerals.)

Old 02-05-2008, 11:56 AM
bamatt
6th Gear
For sure, in AL it's $50 for specific letters on a regular state tag, $50 for random letters on a specialty plate, or $50 for specific letters on a specialty plate so you may as well pick some letters while you are at it

Old 05-14-2008, 11:28 AM
bamatt
6th Gear
I went in, paid $50, & filled out the commitment to buy a spay/neuter tag last Friday

Old 05-14-2008, 06:14 PM
SB
6th Gear
I couldn't resist.

Attached Thumbnails Preorder Spay Neuter License Plates-fordtag.jpg  
Old 06-17-2008, 10:15 AM
bamatt
6th Gear
Just an FYI...

I called my vet, Dr Gaddis, who does a lot of spay/neuters for the fcdf because I had not seen any sort of advertisement in his office for the spay/neuter tags. Shockingly my vet had never heard of them. The agency offering the tags will send out free advertising materials to a vets office so they can display them & make the public aware that this tag is being offered.

The commitment to purchase started 6 months ago & in the 1st 6 months 417 have been sold. That means 583 more need to be sold in the next 6 months or the tags will never happen . They were advertising at Do Dah Day & the May (month 7) sales figures have not been released yet so hopefully they will get a big boost from that.

If you don't see any information about the tags displayed in your vets office how bout taking a sec to contact them & be sure they are aware that the tags are out there. Here are 2 good links to provide to your vet if they would like to get display materials for their office

http://www.alabamahumanefederation.o...ense_plate.htm

http://www.alabamahumanefederation.o...essRelease.pdf

Last edited by bamatt; 06-17-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:57 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
YAY!! The tag made it through!! They needed to presell 1000 & ended up preselling over 1500. So if anybody wants one when you go renew your tag remember that $41.25 of your $50 personalized tag fee will go to the Alabama Veterinary Medical Foundation to assist low-income families with the cost of spaying and neutering their pets.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:51 PM
AutoXCooper.com
Banned
Location: Car Nut Since 1987, Owner Since Fall 2005, Vendor Since Fall 2007
Originally Posted by SB
I couldn't resist.

How about "SNIP"