5th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (May 3-6, 2007) The 5th Anniversary of the largest MINI event in the nation. Ready to take your turn trying to tame the Dragon?

Server Space for Dragon Videos 2007

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 07:26 AM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Server Space for Dragon Videos 2007

Everyone,

The server is still available for everyone to share any videos from MOTD (or anything at all, PLEASE, no **** or copyrighted material), I am doing this so everyone can show their high quality videos without any worries about bandwidth.

This is the place for you to upload ANY size video you want. The server is on the University of Pittsburgh's network, and has more than enough bandwidth for any content. The only limitation is YOUR upload speed.

Everyone has rights to upload and download files and create folders, if you want something deleted, PM me. Please create a folder with your NAM username and upload your videos in your own folder.

The url is : https://video02.cssd.pitt.edu/

Username: NAM
Password: NAM

Once the file is uploded, provide the link above, the username and password, and the name of the video file. Then people can look inside your folder and find the videos they want to see.

Steve

Old 05-09-2007, 11:10 PM
BillTheCat
4th Gear
Wow! Very generous of you to offer this kind of storage space & bandwidth. TYVM!

When I get home from work in the morning, I will work on getting the last of my video edited & posted up there. The one likely to generate the most interest is the parade video- I was the troll in the lawn chair at the Crossroads filming the Dragon Parade on Friday morning. That video is ready to go, so I'll post it ASAP.

Bill

Old 05-10-2007, 07:36 AM
BillTheCat
4th Gear
I've uploaded 2 videos to the server. 1 is a small file showing a semi forcing Hollister & I to come to a complete stop to let him pass. The other is the parade video- a static tripod shot of everyone passing thru the Crossroads, in a fairly high resolution- result is a 253MB file. Long download, but it'll play nicely on most computer screens & small TV's.

Enjoy.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:45 AM
Mini2Go
Coordinator :: Pitt Stop MINI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the semi vid, I don't know what was funnier: your hair flying around or your little "woohoo" after you got moving again! Thanks for sharing!

Old 05-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
I'm trying to upload, but 8 hours later it says 5 hours left on the first of three. Heh.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:06 PM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Wagnbat
I'm trying to upload, but 8 hours later it says 5 hours left on the first of three. Heh.
What is your upload connection speed?

Old 05-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
Dunno. I'm staying at a friends house.

I just ran a speed test to NY, and it's saying 17MB down, 350k up. But the server was taking the 1.3gb upload at about 30kbps I believe. Dunno if it was me, the server, or in between. But all 3 videos are up now, all full of lovely wind noise since I don't have a quality editor to remove it with.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:40 AM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Wagnbat
Dunno. I'm staying at a friends house.

I just ran a speed test to NY, and it's saying 17MB down, 350k up. But the server was taking the 1.3gb upload at about 30kbps I believe. Dunno if it was me, the server, or in between. But all 3 videos are up now, all full of lovely wind noise since I don't have a quality editor to remove it with.
OK 350kbps is about 34KBs, so if you were uploading at 30KB that's about right.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:50 AM
am0eba
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for the space!

I just posted a couple of edited videos from last summer's Montery Historics / MINI Takes The States (Leg 1):

In the "am0eba/Monterey_MTTS Aug 07" folder:

- Diggin' the Monterey Scene - short snips from various activities, tied together w/ in-car vid from Laureles Grade Rd near Laguna Seca

- 229RightHere - in-car video of a good chunk of CA Hwy 229

_Dave_

PS: Somebody posted a midnight on the dragon file in my "am0eba" directory. No idea where it came from.

Old 05-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Darkness
5th Gear
I look forward to using this great service that mielnicki has provided, but I STILL CAN'T GET THE NEW VISTA LAPTOP TO RECOGNIZE THE CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In addition to that, the old computer took a dump a few months back (thus prompting the arrival of the new laptop), and after a fresh start it wont see the camcorder. I hope it's just the ieee drivers and not something that got knocked on the camera during the weekend.

Until I can get this to work I'll have no new installment of MOTD

Old 05-12-2007, 05:43 PM
BillTheCat
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini2Go
In the semi vid, I don't know what was funnier: your hair flying around or your little "woohoo" after you got moving again! Thanks for sharing!
LOL, that was Hollister's hair & voice. (I didn't know I was going to have a passenger until after I had mounted & adjusted the camera)

Old 05-17-2007, 07:57 PM
zinvestor
4th Gear
Finally got my hand held eye parallel video of a ride Sunday from the Gap toward Tabcat with Xiek driving loaded. It's a big file ca 400MB but I tried to follow a drivers eye view with the camera rather than having a fixed mount.

Next year I will come with a couple of 1GB cards so I can get the full ride, both ways.

We should have stopped and waited a while when we caught the jeep, but if we had, we wouldn't have been on hand to assist with the motorcycle accident we came upon about 2 min after I ran out of memory. Couple of cyclists wiped out, one in guardrail, one down ravine. Ambulances, rescue squad, fire trucks, police all on scene. Area was one way for 20 min then blocked for another 20. Last we heard, they were stable in hospital.