3rd Annual MINIs on the Dragon (2005) Ready to make the trek to the Dragon? Learn all about what will likely be the largest MINI gathering in 2005.

Personlized signature graphic

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 09:26 PM
gravedgr
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personlized signature graphic

I apologize if this was answered somewhere, as I couldn't find it via the search engine.

I love the prepared signature logos for MOTD 2005, but I've noticed a lot of other personalized ones too (I love Mark's CRUSH THE DRAGON 4x4 MINI). Is someone doing these by request? As a favor? For $$$$? And how can I find this person(s)?

Old 02-09-2005, 10:07 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
For anyone that hasn't seen them yet:

I'm not certain that any additional custom signatures are being prepared, but if you post a request to this thread, the creator may choose to do one. I'm making no guarantee that will happen.

The creator of the signatures wishes to remain anonymous at this time. If you do "know", please respect those wishes. Thanks.

Last edited by dave; 02-10-2005 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:26 PM
gravedgr
4th Gear
Okay, well, here I am posting - just in case.

Someone did my original signature drawing and then got overwhelmed with requests and stopped doing them, so I can understand the desire to not take on a lot of individual projects. BUT, they're so good that I can't help wanting one for myself.

I think I have a fairly unique looking MINI (I don't think I've seen my wheels on any others so far, and especially not in 18"). I would attempt a customization myself, but my initial attempts at digital art were .... um, unsuccessful.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:04 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I recently re did our own signatures for c3. While I can't say this is the method that was used for the Dragon signatures, my method involved using a number of software. With patience and skill, you can do it too.

First off start with a picture. It could be a photo, or it could be one of the drawings from MINIUSA. Since you seem to want your own MINI, then take a good picture of it. You will use this as an underlay.

Next in a vector drawing application such as Adobe Illustrator, or I prefer Rhino 3d (www.rhino3d.com), you simply load that picture as a background, lock it down, then proceed to trace with lines. You need to make sure each area is a closed area so you can fill it in later. For example, if you draw the window profile, don't use 4 lines and leave it, you need to JOIN them so they become one closed line. This is the tedious part. You need to make sure every component is closed. Use as few points as possible and tweak the bezier curves to get them as smooth as possible.

From Rhino, I export it as an Illustrator file for filling in. Now it's just a matter of using gradient fills to get that 3D look. I come from a background of using Autocad for 3D modeling, so Rhino is very familiar to me. You should use whatever tool works for you.

Once you're happy with the shaded drawings, making multiple color variations is simple. You can compose the entire signature in Illustrator, or export it to Photoshop and continue working there.

That's how I created these banners.

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Okay, well, here I am posting - just in case.

Someone did my original signature drawing and then got overwhelmed with requests and stopped doing them, so I can understand the desire to not take on a lot of individual projects. BUT, they're so good that I can't help wanting one for myself.

I think I have a fairly unique looking MINI (I don't think I've seen my wheels on any others so far, and especially not in 18"). I would attempt a customization myself, but my initial attempts at digital art were .... um, unsuccessful.

Old 02-23-2005, 07:24 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
I am dreaming of a jet black MC with chrome packs inside and out. I got the idea "MIB: MINI In Black" The car is a MC jet black with silver 16 inch 5 star wheels. I have a .jpg immage that I cut from a .pdf personalized brochure in paint. But I was thinking some special effects kinda like the MIB movie poster. [white drop shadow... Can't do that in paint.] E-mail me and I will send .pdf file or .jpg file.

Old 02-24-2005, 04:34 AM
koolmini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Old 06-13-2006, 10:08 AM
HAPA
2nd Gear
"Cars" cartoon signature

How/where can i create a signature like the ones that look like they are from the movie Cars???

Old 06-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Take a look in the what if??? thread in MINI talk

Old 06-13-2006, 10:14 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
COOPERation did the sig pix for MIB. And he also does the Cooper "Cars" Characture.

You can find his posts by clicking here.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:07 AM
DustinDallas
6th Gear
That guy is amazing. I put in a request for a cars style version of my car. Those are by far my favorite.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:13 PM
defylogik
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone got the illustrator files on any of the motd or the cars versions. s wat i want!!