3rd Annual MINIs on the Dragon (2005) Ready to make the trek to the Dragon? Learn all about what will likely be the largest MINI gathering in 2005.

Geocaching on the Dragon?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Geocaching on the Dragon?

Anyone else interested in finding the Head of the Dragon , the Tail of the Dragon , or any other of the local caches?

I'll definitely be tracking these down now that I have added another reason to use my GPS at the Dragon other than to be able to predict upcoming sweepers so that I can catch up with koolmini when he slows down a bit too much for the occasional gentle curve

Old 02-04-2005, 12:30 PM
BabsWife
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YuccaPatrol
Anyone else interested in finding the Head of the Dragon , the Tail of the Dragon , or any other of the local caches?

I'll definitely be tracking these down now that I have added another reason to use my GPS at the Dragon other than to be able to predict upcoming sweepers so that I can catch up with koolmini when he slows down a bit too much for the occasional gentle curve
I"m game. I can't wait to go hunting.....what to bring to add -- what to bring????

Hugs,
PB

Old 02-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Paul!
6th Gear
Ooh, I always wanted to go and search for one, but never actually did. Sounds like fun little diversion!

-Paul!

Old 02-05-2005, 10:16 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
I'd love too Andrew, but it seems I'm lacking a GPS unit. HUMMMMM wonder where it got off to.

Old 02-05-2005, 04:49 PM
MiniMiller
2nd Gear
Dragon geocaching from 2004

MoonPie (apologies to the moonpie on NAM, but most folks do know my wife as moonpie from mini2...) and I at this cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...a-0d05d3b8d1e1) at last years dragon gathering.

Attached Thumbnails Geocaching on the Dragon?-dragongeo.jpg  
Old 02-07-2005, 05:13 AM
koolmini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
my kar gets jealous when i do too much walking

Old 02-07-2005, 06:54 AM
BabsWife
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMiller
MoonPie (apologies to the moonpie on NAM, but most folks do know my wife as moonpie from mini2...) and I at this cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...a-0d05d3b8d1e1) at last years dragon gathering.
Holy crap -- You are ALIVE!!!!!! We were justing wondering if you and your MINI had driven off the face of the earth --- miss you on Saturday!!!

Hugs,
PB

Old 02-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Jen
6th Gear
This looks like a lot of fun. Can non GPS equipped folks be teamed up with others to participate?

Old 02-07-2005, 01:17 PM
BabsWife
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Jen
This looks like a lot of fun. Can non GPS equipped folks be teamed up with others to participate?
You can be teamed with me -- we can get totally lost -- you up for that???

Maybe we will find a little sign that says to turn around, but we'll ignore that little sign -- cause they can't be serious right? After all its just a little bitty road, And then we'll come to a gate -- where there will be guards pointing guns...and TELLING us to turn around....I bet the geocach will be right THERE right???

Hugs,
PB

Old 02-07-2005, 07:04 PM
MiniMiller
2nd Gear
Watch out where you go!

First, in response to your earlier post, YES we are alive!!!

Just be careful about those little signs that say turnaround. As you can see in this photo from 2004 Dragon, we went chasing one cache and could NOT turn around. I had to back The Beast up for about a half mile. It really was quite an adventure!!!

Originally Posted by BabsWife
You can be teamed with me -- we can get totally lost -- you up for that???

Maybe we will find a little sign that says to turn around, but we'll ignore that little sign -- cause they can't be serious right? After all its just a little bitty road, And then we'll come to a gate -- where there will be guards pointing guns...and TELLING us to turn around....I bet the geocach will be right THERE right???

Hugs,
PB

Attached Thumbnails Geocaching on the Dragon?-backout.jpg  
Old 02-08-2005, 04:31 AM
Jen
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BabsWife
Maybe we will find a little sign that says to turn around, but we'll ignore that little sign -- cause they can't be serious right? After all its just a little bitty road, And then we'll come to a gate -- where there will be guards pointing guns...and TELLING us to turn around....
Hugs,
PB
Gosh, I seem to remember doing that last year.............