2007 Guinness World Record Attempt (June 10, 2007) Join the effort in Virginia Beach June 10th to establish a new world record of MINIs in a convoy!

Attendees...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 06:52 AM
BLUE UK
Coordinator : Se7en Cities MINI (C7M)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attendees...

Hello All,

This is going to be a fantastic event. So far we will have members fron Seven Cities MINI, HR Club MINI, River City MINIs, DCMetro MINI and Philly MINI. I'm encouraging all who can, to attend. The event will start at 3pm from the Virginia Beach Amphitheatre, flowing down Dam Neck Road. The after party is set to be held at Conklins Irish Rover on Virginia Beach Blvd. Live Entertainment and Raffle. All attendees please get there by 2pm for registration. There is no registration fee but we do need to record all VIN#s and names prior to rolling to submit to Guinness. I've been in contact with clubs from NC and members have been reaching out all over the East Coast.

http://www.sevencitiesmini.com/phpBB...r=asc&start=15

Please visit the link above to post intent on coming or suggestions. Again all are welcome.

Thanks. I look forward to a huge turn out.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Jeremy1026
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I tried to register on that site a few days (maybe even weeks) ago, and it said I needed to be verfied by the admin, and I'm still awaiting verification. My name there is the same as here, Jeremy1026.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:37 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeremy1026
I tried to register on that site a few days (maybe even weeks) ago, and it said I needed to be verfied by the admin, and I'm still awaiting verification. My name there is the same as here, Jeremy1026.
Please try to register again. Filters are in place for certain "adult" ISPs, but you don't fall into that category, correct?

Old 04-10-2007, 06:51 PM
JustJAY
6th Gear
Yes, me as well. Just registered

Old 04-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Jeremy1026
Originally Posted by Uber Blu
Please try to register again. Filters are in place for certain "adult" ISPs, but you don't fall into that category, correct?
I would hope not Comcast for me.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Jeremy1026
Still says I need to be approved by the admin :(

Thanks for the approval

Last edited by Jeremy1026; 04-11-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Bud9515
Neutral
Signup for May Evt

Ok, new here, where and how do you signup for the May Guiness attempt in VA BCH? Tried the sevencities link but it needed a password and user name...

Old 04-15-2007, 06:06 PM
classicfreq
3rd Gear
Simon,

Maybe you didn't see my post in the other thread but..

My only concern is that my '72 Mini has a 6 digit vin.. something like 975938.. will that count for the record?

thx

Old 04-16-2007, 07:19 AM
Jeremy1026
Originally Posted by Bud9515
Ok, new here, where and how do you signup for the May Guiness attempt in VA BCH? Tried the sevencities link but it needed a password and user name...
It's mainly a show up and go thing (as far as I know right now). All the links your seeing are for pre-lim head counts so the sponsoring clubs know what to expect. But if you register again on the s7ven cities minis club's forum you will be able to post there also, they are seperate from northamericanmotoring.com.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
lilruffcat
6th Gear
Yeah I am having a hard time registering there, but Team Ruffcat will be there.. .woohoo

Old 05-03-2007, 04:14 PM
F15EWeapon
5th Gear
If anyone has specific questions to the area of Norfolk/Virginia Beach, don't hesitate to ask me. I can't speak to the registration issues at Sevencitiesmini, but all I can suggest is even if you can't raise your hand that you're coming... come anyhow. We'll need all the help we can get here guys.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Ftgt101
2nd Gear
Where do you register?

Old 05-06-2007, 09:29 AM
BLUE UK
Registration

Hi Guys,

The 6 digit vin will count as long as that vin is registered to that frame, and its registered with the state as such.

Getting onto the forum at c7m (sevencitiesmini.com) does require you register. Once approved not a problem. If you are having problems please e-mail me at sbiggs@checkeredflag.com I will correct any problems. The way we raise funds is by the sale of T-Shirts and Raffle post event at the after party. We accept donations and sponsorship from businesses also. There is no registration fee. We want those dollars free to purchase tickets for the raffle and Shirts.

You do not need to pre-register for the JUNE 10th attempt, just make sure you are at the start point (Virginia Beach Sports Plex) by 2pm. As you arrive your VIN# and info will be recorded. Pre-registering VINs etc could cause problems with no-shows. We will only record those, and submit those, who are present for the event. Guinness is very specific with their documentation and any irregularities with the submitted paperwork with dis-qualify the attempt.

I was out at the Sports Plex this morning with Randy and did another run of the route. This is going to be a great time. I hope to see 300 MINI/Minis plus and plan to do this annually.

See every-one there. Cheers.

BLUE UK.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:24 AM
kgdblu
6th Gear
There was some talk about getting a block of rooms at a local hote/motel...has this happened?
If not, can anyone recommend a place to stay that's near the starting point? I want to reserve soon.....

Old 05-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Creatrix
1st Gear
My Mini actually doesn't have VIN at all. I was told that it was made before VINs were used in the UK. Does that even make sense? I would like to join this, though.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:35 AM
kgdblu
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kgdblu
There was some talk about getting a block of rooms at a local hote/motel...has this happened?
If not, can anyone recommend a place to stay that's near the starting point? I want to reserve soon.....
Come on, organizers...this is only in 3 weeks and we still don't have a place to stay. Are we on our own to make reservations or what???!

Old 05-22-2007, 03:19 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Originally Posted by kgdblu
Come on, organizers...this is only in 3 weeks and we still don't have a place to stay. Are we on our own to make reservations or what???!
It's extremely difficult to get rooms blocked without confirmed headcount.

How many rooms will your specific group need?

Old 05-22-2007, 08:32 PM
kgdblu
6th Gear
"I'm going to do my best to get some fabulous group rates for hotels in the area. I'll post info as it becomes available."

I already made res. for my husband and myself. You said the above on the DCMM forum back in early April. I waited as long as I could to see if you'd come through, but....
It took me 1 1/2 hours today to find a VA Beach hotel, because most of the decent ones are booked.
If folks can't find a place to stay with a reasonable price, and within a reasonable distance, they won't come...and poof, there goes the record.

Head counts could've been obtained from various clubs so rooms could've been blocked. I think it's too late now.

Last edited by kgdblu; 05-23-2007 at 06:16 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:02 AM
BLUE UK
[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Hi Guys,[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Sorry this took so long, I thought someone else was doing this. My bad. Anyway this is a place I would recommend. Its less than 3 Miles from Conklins and is right off I264 in the New Town Center area of Virginia Beach and the start point is easily reached from there. I checked at The Candlewood Suites, they are full for those dates. The Crowne Plaza wants $160 per night. The Hilton is giving us the Government per diem rate for the Weekend of the Event. There are some economy places around but I would not want to stay in them and wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Please read the info below and if you are interested then please make your reservation before Midnight on the 31st. Again, Sorry for the lack of response to the Accommodation questions. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]May 23, 2007[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]SE7EN CITIES MINI[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]635 Biltmore Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23454[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Dear Simon, [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]The Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center is pleased to offer a special rate for your event with the following net, non-commissionable rate of $129.00 For Kings &/or $0.00 For over the dates of 06/08/2007-06/11/2007. Rates are per room, per night for either a standard king or two queen bedded room. (The two-bedded rooms go fast on weekends) Each guest room is equipped with two telephones, both with 2-phone lines, on-hold option and complimentary high-speed internet access. In addition, each room offers a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker with free coffee and tea refreshed daily.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Visiting guests should make reservations prior to the release date which is 05/31/2007 to ensure availability of rate. After the release date, the group rate will no longer be available. Rates are subject to applicable taxes, which are currently 13% + $1.00 per room, per night, and subject to change without notice. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Reservations can be made through our toll free reservations can be made through our toll free Hilton Garden Inn Central Reservations Line at 1-877-STAY-HGI or 1-877-782-9444. Please have your guests request SE7EN CITIES MINI Room Block Rate.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]All reservations must be guaranteed with an acceptable form of payment. To avoid penalty, please cancel individual reservations prior to 4pm the day of arrival. Check-in time is 3pm. Guests may be checked-in earlier depending on occupancy levels and availability of ready rooms. Check out time is 11am. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]We look forward to working with you to make your event a complete success. If you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Sincerely,[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Libby Ross[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Sales Manager[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Please sign and return: _____________________________________[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]P.S. Due to my limited computer access I am not able to make individual reservations from my computer, please have your guests call 1-877-782-9444. [/FONT]

[FONT='Times New Roman']
[/FONT]

Old 05-23-2007, 06:13 AM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
That was hell to read so I took the liberty of adjusting your post. Hope you don't mind

Originally Posted by BLUE UK
Hi Guys,
Sorry this took so long, I thought someone else was doing this. My bad. Anyway this is a place I would recommend. Its less than 3 Miles from Conklins and is right off I264 in the New Town Center area of Virginia Beach and the start point is easily reached from there. I checked at The Candlewood Suites, they are full for those dates. The Crowne Plaza wants $160 per night. The Hilton is giving us the Government per diem rate for the Weekend of the Event. There are some economy places around but I would not want to stay in them and wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Please read the info below and if you are interested then please make your reservation before Midnight on the 31st. Again, Sorry for the lack of response to the Accommodation questions.
May 23, 2007

SE7EN CITIES MINI

635 Biltmore Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23454

Dear Simon,
The Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center is pleased to offer a special rate for your event with the following net, non-commissionable rate of $129.00 For Kings &/or $0.00 For over the dates of 06/08/2007-06/11/2007. Rates are per room, per night for either a standard king or two queen bedded room. (The two-bedded rooms go fast on weekends) Each guest room is equipped with two telephones, both with 2-phone lines, on-hold option and complimentary high-speed internet access. In addition, each room offers a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker with free coffee and tea refreshed daily.

Visiting guests should make reservations prior to the release date which is 05/31/2007 to ensure availability of rate. After the release date, the group rate will no longer be available. Rates are subject to applicable taxes, which are currently 13% + $1.00 per room, per night, and subject to change without notice.

Reservations can be made through our toll free reservations can be made through our toll free Hilton Garden Inn Central Reservations Line at 1-877-STAY-HGI or 1-877-782-9444. Please have your guests request SE7EN CITIES MINI Room Block Rate.

All reservations must be guaranteed with an acceptable form of payment. To avoid penalty, please cancel individual reservations prior to 4pm the day of arrival. Check-in time is 3pm. Guests may be checked-in earlier depending on occupancy levels and availability of ready rooms. Check out time is 11am.

We look forward to working with you to make your event a complete success. If you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Sincerely,
Libby Ross
Sales Manager
Please sign and return: _____________________________________
P.S. Due to my limited computer access I am not able to make individual reservations from my computer, please have your guests call 1-877-782-9444.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:17 AM
BLUE UK
Sorry. I don't know what the heck that mess that showed up with the attachment is. Bottom line its a very nice Hotel, close to Conklins and easily reached from the interstate. The Sports Plex is easily reached also. The Hotel is in the New Town Center of VB. Sorry the attachment is so messed up but the info is in there i promise.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:19 AM
BLUE UK
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:23 AM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BLUE UK
Thank you. Much appreciated.
No worries With that info I have more ammo to use vs the Frau I REALLY want to make this but 12hrs is a long drive, especially after doing an 11 hour (one way) trip to Florida just this last weekend

Old 05-23-2007, 08:25 AM
BLUE UK
Old 05-23-2007, 08:31 AM
BLUE UK
Driving From Hilton to Conklins irish Rover
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...927&panelbtn=2

Quick Reply: Attendees...