2007 Guinness World Record Attempt (June 10, 2007) Join the effort in Virginia Beach June 10th to establish a new world record of MINIs in a convoy!

Attendees...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 03:34 PM
glassdarkly
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course I will be there. For those driving in from outside the area there are some nice hotels in the cities adjacent to Virginia Beach. Try Chesapeake or Norfolk, VA. as alternatives to the beach hotels which are pretty full with the summer tourists.

IF anyone has questions about the area or wants a recommendation on a hotel they have picked out just PM me. later - larry

Old 05-28-2007, 07:03 AM
lanrover
Neutral
New windshield got in early and will be getting new sneakers this week so we'll be showing up for the record breaking... (from PhillyMINI).

Will there be 'stuff' setup for sale at site? Hilton? etc? Saturday?... especially event stuff. And, will there be T-shirts available to buy?... or too late?

-lanrover

Old 05-28-2007, 09:58 AM
BLUE UK
Coordinator : Se7en Cities MINI (C7M)
Saturday 09th JUNE.,

We will be having an imformal get together the day before the event at one of Sponsors Locations. CP Shuckers on Shore Drive in Virginia Beach. I'll post mapquest and stuff tomorrow, at work right now. As for the Shirts etc, we'll have them there. They are being made on Tuesday.

http://www.sevencitiesmini.com/phpBB...opic.php?p=913

Look forward to meeting alll those travelling from out of town.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:02 AM
BLUE UK
Coordinator : Se7en Cities MINI (C7M)
May 23, 2007

SE7EN CITIES MINI
635 Biltmore Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23454

Dear Simon,

The Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center is pleased to offer a special rate for your event with the following net, non-commissionable rate of $129.00 For Kings &/or $0.00 For over the dates of 06/08/2007-06/11/2007. Rates are per room, per night for either a standard king or two queen bedded room. (The two-bedded rooms go fast on weekends) Each guest room is equipped with two telephones, both with 2-phone lines, on-hold option and complimentary high-speed internet access. In addition, each room offers a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker with free coffee and tea refreshed daily.

Visiting guests should make reservations prior to the release date which is 05/31/2007 to ensure availability of rate. After the release date, the group rate will no longer be available. Rates are subject to applicable taxes, which are currently 13% + $1.00 per room, per night, and subject to change without notice.

Reservations can be made through our toll free reservations can be made through our toll free Hilton Garden Inn Central Reservations Line at 1-877-STAY-HGI or 1-877-782-9444. Please have your guests request SE7EN CITIES MINI Room Block Rate.

All reservations must be guaranteed with an acceptable form of payment. To avoid penalty, please cancel individual reservations prior to 4pm the day of arrival. Check-in time is 3pm. Guests may be checked-in earlier depending on occupancy levels and availability of ready rooms. Check out time is 11am.

We look forward to working with you to make your event a complete success. If you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Libby Ross
Sales Manager

Please sign and return: _____________________________________

T-shirt graphics will be available this weekend.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:02 PM
2500diesel
Neutral
Lodging for the Guinness attempt

I have a three bedroom condo located approximately 4 miles from the sportsplex, which I will open to Mini (or mini) participants who do not have a place to stay. The condo will sleep two couples and a single. On the down side, you will have to clean up after yourselves, as we do not have maid service set for this weekend, on the up side, I will not charge for the use of the place.
The only way to contact me will be by phone, at 757-403-3472, and it will be first come, first served.
Jeff Fischl

Old 06-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Meg O'Mini
Neutral
Hi Jeff,
I would like to stay in your condo, if possible. I just found out that I am free this weekend, and I am super excited to attend this event. I just bought my MINI about 3 weeks ago, if that, but I am happy to have her help break the Guinness Book of World Records. Please let me know if your place is still available.

Thanks!!

Old 06-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
>>>I have a three bedroom condo located approximately 4 miles from the sportsplex, which I will open to Mini (or mini) participants who do not have a place to stay.<<<

That's a great gesture!!!! I'll be driving in Sunday morning so won't need to take advantage of your generous offer. Just figured I'd say thanks for the thought!

Old 06-09-2007, 06:36 PM
DaCrema
5th Gear
I made it. But did you ever wonder what would happen if a plastic chair was in one's lane and said one could not go right or left?

MINI 1/2 : Chair 0

time for another bumper.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:36 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaCrema
I made it. But did you ever wonder what would happen if a plastic chair was in one's lane and said one could not go right or left?

MINI 1/2 : Chair 0

time for another bumper.
Oh no!!!

Was your MINI the one with all kinds of blue painters' tape on the front bumper?

Old 06-10-2007, 05:29 PM
jrudy01
2nd Gear
Whooo Hoooo, The record officially comes back to the U.S. I'm sure someone will post the official numbers, but I think we came in at 274.

It was great meeting a lot of you guys from all the other clubs. It almost had the feel of a dragon run with all the clubs represented. No Curvey Roads. It helps with the withdrawels i've been having.

Again it was awesome.... Thanks to everyone that made the trip. It was an unbelievable sight.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:17 PM
DaCrema
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Uber Blu
Oh no!!!

Was your MINI the one with all kinds of blue painters' tape on the front bumper?
no it was not. I think the car with blue tape was a new car. Some people use blue tape on long trips to protect the paint.

Originally Posted by jrudy01
Whooo Hoooo, The record officially comes back to the U.S. I'm sure someone will post the official numbers, but I think we came in at 274.

It was great meeting a lot of you guys from all the other clubs. It almost had the feel of a dragon run with all the clubs represented. No Curvey Roads. It helps with the withdrawels i've been having.

Again it was awesome.... Thanks to everyone that made the trip. It was an unbelievable sight.
I heard more than one person say the same thing about the event having the feal of the Dragon Run. The rest of your post is spot on too. Thanks to everyone that made this possible.

Now off to the showers and then bed. I hope to get my pictures up soon.
John

Old 06-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Jeremy1026
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Uber Blu
Oh no!!!

The blue taped car (if your talking about CR/B, #011 in line) belongd to sprp85 of DC Metro MINIs, he just taped up to keep from chips and bugs. On another note, WE ARE WORLD RECORD HOLDERS!!!

Old 06-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Rowan
5th Gear
Thanks once again to all the organizers for putting in the hard work to get such a great turn-out & planning it all to get us in, out, fed and back on our way so smoothly

Old 06-11-2007, 10:40 AM
MDK
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ravana
Thanks once again to all the organizers for putting in the hard work to get such a great turn-out & planning it all to get us in, out, fed and back on our way so smoothly
Here, Here, or since a few were wearing kilts- Huzzay, Huzzay!

I think the "official" number will be 273 as one car got left in the parking lot (I heard they lost their keys ) since the record was for MINI/Mini's in a convoy they would not count but either way the Record is ours!.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:07 AM
HaveBulldogWillTravel
2nd Gear
HOSS was #169...it was a nice event. Next year we should be able to break 300, easy!

Old 06-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Smiley655
1st Gear
I was #184...my very first event. I just got my MC less than a month ago and I needed to bring him out on a run. It was a great event, I was glad to be a part of it! There was even a car from Indiana...they drove 18 hours the event, how great is that? It was amazing to see 274 Mini's together!

As for all you other New Jersian's....where in the world were you? I know there was definately 1 other Mini from Jersey, possibly 2. It only took me 6.5 hours and that's even with Mapquest giving me the wrong directions. All of you other Jersian's missed out on a really cool event.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:12 PM
jefflaw
2nd Gear
This New Jersian was there! Our "Dorothy was #151. ('06 MC BRG/W)
Jeff (and Barb & Chris)

Old 06-13-2007, 06:02 AM
rc'S
5th Gear
The Power of One

We set the record by 4 MINI's. Every body has a story about the 'one more' that showed up. A neighbor up the street wasn't going to attend because he didn't like one of the sponsers. Found out it was to benefit the Navy Seals and attended. A couple of ladies in a club Saturday night were approached by another owner and told them about the meet Sunday. They showed up and weren't sure what the meet was about but came anyhow. ( Could that have been two of the four we needed to make it happen?) Numerous folks that had just bought their MINI a day or two before showed up. Every single one was important to this happening. Probably everyone there had like stories about getting just that one more person to show up. Thanks to everyone that showed up to make it happen, as well as to the organizers for all the effort the put into making it work!!

Old 06-13-2007, 06:14 AM
MINInurse
Nationally Known Nurse
We bought Cecilia on Saturday up at Tate MINI of Annapolis. We had been thinking about doing it for a while, but let me tell you, I am glad we got it on Sat! We were #9 (Soulfire- the EB with the dragons) and #10 (Cecilia- my new baby Cabrio.) We also recruited a gentleman who bought a Sidewalk the day I got Cecilia. YEAH new MINIs! It helped, for sure!

I bet we will be down next year, maybe will come for the whole weekend, since it was a day trip for us. Way to go USA!

Old 06-13-2007, 01:42 PM
DaCrema
5th Gear
I do not attend many events because home and work. I was in shock that I was free (after pulling up crew lanes from 9-2 on Sat). The wife gave me a kiss then told me to get down there and have a good time.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:26 PM
valcom111t
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jefflaw
This New Jersian was there! Our "Dorothy was #151. ('06 MC BRG/W)
Jeff (and Barb & Chris)
#155 right here

Old 06-14-2007, 04:16 AM
Jeremy1026
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rc'S
We set the record by 4 MINI's. Every body has a story about the 'one more' that showed up. A neighbor up the street wasn't going to attend because he didn't like one of the sponsers. Found out it was to benefit the Navy Seals and attended. A couple of ladies in a club Saturday night were approached by another owner and told them about the meet Sunday. They showed up and weren't sure what the meet was about but came anyhow. ( Could that have been two of the four we needed to make it happen?) Numerous folks that had just bought their MINI a day or two before showed up. Every single one was important to this happening. Probably everyone there had like stories about getting just that one more person to show up. Thanks to everyone that showed up to make it happen, as well as to the organizers for all the effort the put into making it work!!
My story of one is...

Right after I backed into that silly pole my heart sank so low. Just to the point of where I consulted my co-pilot on whether to press on or just go back home. She insisted we go on, and the rest is history.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:20 PM
glassdarkly
2nd Gear
well if we are counting off here on NAM for GWR 300 Run I was #144 and my wife was #145. I think we should shoot for 500 MINIs at the next attempt!

Originally Posted by valcom111t
#155 right here

Old 06-14-2007, 04:00 PM
HaveBulldogWillTravel
2nd Gear
I'm with ya bro!

Old 06-28-2007, 08:39 PM
MINI Zilla
Neutral
#152 HERE! I think I was the only attendee from Pennsylvania! I had a fantastic time and want to express my sincere appreciation to all of the organizers and attendees! And many thanks to Checkered Flag MINI and to Simon and Frank for getting the whine out of MINi Zilla (tire retread stuck in something underneath) and giving me peace of mind for my trek back to Philadelphia.
Susan with the Harley-Davidson air horn