1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She's on the way...with a twist!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Johnny4strings
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She's on the way...with a twist!

Hello!
After lurking for quite some time seeing how damn cool these cars are, and with a little "urging" from a friend, I've given up the world of Mustangs and Civic's (yuck) to join you all in motoring in what I consider to be one of the best vehicles on the road today. I have a little story to tell: As I mentioned before, I'd been looking at MINI's for quite a long long time, trying to decide between a MC and Mustang GT (quite the difference, I know). After pretty much falling in love with he MINI after a test drive, not to mention the lower insurance premiums and gas bill, I was sold. Fast foward 2 months. After letting life pass me by while in school and at work, the 2007's were unveiled. I did some research and decided that with the redesign and the fact that the 07 is a 1st model year car, with all its bugs and quirks, I knew I wanted to go with the 2006.

Problem was now...dealer allotments were running dry because Oxford was making the switch to the 2007 platform. After calling the dealer I was working with, he told me he was out of allotments, and couldnt find one to even come close to mine!!!!! I was freaking out....you see I do this thing all the time-procrastinate. I wound up calling Orlando, Palm Harbor, Jacksonville, Vista, and then Lauderdale. When I reached someone on the phone at Lauderdale, I was told that all MA's were busy, but she asked is she could help me. She (sales manager) was very nice and actually told me that she had only 1 more allotment for a MC (Sold out of the MCS). After she took all my info, she said her system went down!!!!! Even though she had that problem, she took my cell #, and called me back a few hours later to tell me she could finally take the order!!! I took the order then and there in what seemed like a flurry of terms and numbers.

What an expereience...I cant wait to see some of you guys out there motoring. I wanted to say thanks for all your help in giving your good, sound advice.

Now here's the twist.... In the flurry of shouting out options and paint colors, I forgot a few things and got a few options wrong (typical). For example, I forgot the rear fog light and the arm rest, and I ordered the wrong interior.

I was wondering, would anyone out there be willing to trade seats with me (front and rears)? These are the Space Cloth sport seats (non-heated) from a 2006 MC.

The Space Cloth seats will be in NEW condition, and I am only looking for the Panther Black leatherette from a 2006 as to trade. The newer the better-if you have seats fresh off a car, I would prefer that. If you have heat, I will give you additional compensation for the lack of heaters. PM me or email me at kbsaladino@gmail.com for more information or with your interests.

THANKS FOR ALLOWING ME TO BE A PART OF YOUR COMMUNITY!

Old 11-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whew! Congrats on the order....what a process for you...but it will be worth it in a few months...no doubt you already know that...

Sorry I can't help with the trading of the seats....just wanted to Welcome you aboard...

Donna

Old 11-07-2006, 03:33 PM
allenski
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow...quite a story to the last minute. welcome on board.

I was able to make changes within my first week of the order, after that first week I was stuck with my final order. If you're still within that first week, I think you might still be able to make changes; give it go, unless this has changed as well.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Johnny4strings
Neutral
Thanks! I almost forgot to post the most important stuff.
2006 MC
AB/AB
Anthracite dash
Anthracite headliner
H/K
ChronoPack
Rear Fog Light
3 Spoke MFSW
Sport Package
16" Bridge Spoke Wheels
Ipod Adaptor

Old 11-07-2006, 05:34 PM
gonzo
3rd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You should still be able to make changes to your order. Dont procrastinate, do it now because the time you can do it is limited.

Old 11-07-2006, 06:01 PM
doodlez
5th Gear
Congrats and welcome! Great color choice! I think you should be able to still make changes to your order if you are within the first week as others have said.

I have to put in a good word, however, for the Space Grey cloth seats. I have them and love them. Both MC's that I test drove had the leatherette, and on a hot day, they only made one impression on me - sweat makers, even with the A/C blasting and creating icicles on my nose. Just thought I'd throw that out in case you couldn't make the change.