1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY 2006 - Production Week 45 Support group

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 11:31 PM
OZChris
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TooTall
Are those a MINI wheel on your MCS, Black05 - or did you take along something to be put on at the dealer? I like'em.
The wheels are aftermarket, were on my '03 Cooper,

Old 01-13-2006, 11:32 PM
OZChris
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JRZYMINI
the Aussie license plate looks cool
Plates are know as 'Custom Slimline'

Old 01-16-2006, 06:47 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No new 45er news? just cracked 800 miles!

Old 01-17-2006, 10:06 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
I think this thread has run its course.

Old 01-19-2006, 06:50 AM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
No way! Week 45 lives!!!

1 bummer... I was wiping down my car, a little obsessive I realize, and just where the bonnet meets the bumper between the headlamp and the grill i discovered a itsy bitsy chip in the paint. Maybe 1/2 mm but its there. Touchup paint? The dealer has that stuff?

Old 01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
CeridianMN
3rd Gear
My car is going in Monday to finish taking care of the scratch that appeared while getting the bumper guard on. To help make up for the problem they're giving me 20% off on fixing a ding that also appeared on the bonnet (almost completely unnoticeable) so I'm pretty satisfied. I was just going to buff the paint on the ding and call it good, but I'll get it fixed since I was offered a discount.

I also finished break-in yesterday on the way home from work. It is winter in MN and suppoosed to snow up to 5 inches today, so I'll not be doing to much "exploreing" of the JCW kit until April though. It should encourage me to bring it up higher and higher slowly though as traction and staying out of accidents is more important.

I figure I'll be dredging this thread up in December to get everyone's 1 year report...

Old 01-19-2006, 08:58 AM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
898 miles here!!! I think was was 1st taking delivery and I may be last for break in! weather has been wierd here in NJ this winter. Not a lot of snow... only really 1 bad storm. It has been pretty cold though and losts of ice! In this past week I've see the asc light come on almost every time at some point during my drive.

lets keep this thread alive... its a nice community!

Old 01-19-2006, 09:27 AM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
just went over 2000 miles this morning. My mileage this month is less than what it was last month... but that's to be expected with a brand new car, the holidays and lots of visiting. I am happy to report that my gas mileage is starting to inch up... around 23 mpg in 95% stop and go driving. no complaints here! now I just can't wait until next weekend when I go to pittsburgh. I'm hoping to break 30

Old 01-19-2006, 09:37 AM
ja ME s
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just hit 3000 miles this weekend. i took the MINI up to Maine last week for a week of snowboarding so that added to the miles a bit. My overall mileage is about 26.5 and i'm sure the longer trips i've taken have helped but i haven't really been dissapointed at all with the gas mileage. Unfortunately i scratched up the interior a bit with our snowboards. They fit in fine but were resting against the sides and i guess going over bumps and everything else i got a few pretty good scratches on the sides just behind the front seats. Anyone know of a good way to clean up scratches in the plastic? i guess i can be a little less paranoid now and park in normal spots at the supermarket, etc. instead of parking a mile and a half away.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:49 AM
FLORA BLUE
6th Gear
OMG! I don't understand...Help me out here...Have you been waiting 45 weeks for your MINI? ...or is it refering to the 45th week of the year? I AM having a "moment"...I got my car almost immediatley.... what's the hold-up for you guys? ..now I am having an anticipation/anxiety attack for you....Mick

Old 01-19-2006, 02:10 PM
FLORA BLUE
6th Gear
...(I really shouldn't just "go off my meds" like this.... ) ...you guys scare me....first you say you're waiting 45 weeks and now you're getting mileage in the high 20's. I hit the turnpike and squeezed about 35 mpg out of a gallon of gas with Miss Kitty. I haven't figured out what I'm getting with Ducky and now you guys got me wondering... I only had him since December and put almost 1,400 miles together... it's not really the mileage that gets me, it's the price of gas. In Key West it's closing in on and has been over $3.00 pg, drive up to the mainland, about 150 miles, and the price drops to as low as $2.30 pg when on vacation in VA, I even found it as low as $1.80 pg and I mean the high octane at Shell or a Chevron not Joe Bubba's watering hole...As an after thought, how's the pressure in your tires? That can have an effect on your mileage. Mick

Old 01-19-2006, 08:24 PM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
flora... week 45 refers to the week our MINIs were built (the second week of november). no one waited 45 weeks... although I think the car would STILL be worth that wait. As for gas mileage, you didn't say anything about whether you have a cooper or cooper S. that will make all the difference in the world. plus a lot of people in week 45 got the factory JCW kit as 45 was the first week ever with a factory installed JCW kit. hope that clears it up a bit for you!

Old 01-20-2006, 03:33 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
I just got my MINI "Welcome To the Neighhborhood" new owner kit!!!!

Old 01-20-2006, 04:32 PM
early_apex
6th Gear
No way! Week 45 lives!!!

1 bummer... I was wiping down my car, a little obsessive I realize, and just where the bonnet meets the bumper between the headlamp and the grill i discovered a itsy bitsy chip in the paint. Maybe 1/2 mm but its there. Touchup paint? The dealer has that stuff?
I've had the best luck fixing chips with a touch up pen. Dunno if the Mini paint comes as a pen or not. If not you can find a paint shop that sells Duplicolor and get the apropriate pen for your car.

Old 01-20-2006, 04:33 PM
early_apex
6th Gear
Originally Posted by theroyalwe
no one waited 45 weeks...
We ordered in March and took delivery in late Dec. That's almost 45 weeks

Old 01-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Hyper Skip
2nd Gear
I waited for JCW

Originally Posted by FLORA BLUE
OMG! I don't understand...Help me out here...Have you been waiting 45 weeks for your MINI? ...or is it refering to the 45th week of the year? I AM having a "moment"...I got my car almost immediatley.... what's the hold-up for you guys? ..now I am having an anticipation/anxiety attack for you....Mick
I had to wait for week 45 to get factory JCW it was delayed from 1st week October to Last week of October. It killed me but it was worth the wait. I have probably one of the first JCW Checkmates in SF Bay Area. I know I was the first factory JCW at SF MINI. Boy was it worth the wait. I picked my car up the car on 12-27-05 and have 1100 miles on it. I am driving it extra to complete break in period. I tell you there may be better value in the after market but boy does the car drive fast and the passing ability is awsome. Besides Mrs. Hyper Skip would never go for aftermarket mods. I like seeing the kids everyday not when its not court ordered.

I'm totally satisfied. Driving to the limits of break in, I'm getting 23 to 25 mpg. If the fun wears off then I'll shot for mileage. Hey at $2.50 for premuim its the cost of doing business. Besides I have to wait till I'm 48 before Mrs Hyper Skip will let me get a Porsche. Thats 10 years away when my youngest can sit in the front seat and my oldest is well into his college years. Oh wait my oldest might do something stupid and get into a good private/Ivy league school and ruin me. Can you say Honda Civic with a Stanford sticker in the window. I would die. Please can I get a UC Berkeley in the back window of a Porsche.

Old 01-21-2006, 02:44 AM
cushin14
6th Gear
Ordered mine & had it 6 weeks later. Took delivery on 12-9-05 for my '06 AB MCS. 1650 miles today, mileage seems to get better after break in....if you can keep your foot out of it...which is not much fun!

"Keep your MINI between the Mustard & the Mayo"

Old 01-21-2006, 05:42 AM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
me too! It is definately a nice little extra!

Old 01-21-2006, 05:53 AM
ja ME s
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I received my kit yesterday as well. can't wait to play some motoring bingo on my next trip.

Old 01-21-2006, 09:46 AM
Skeffers
3rd Gear
Got mine.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:47 AM
FLORA BLUE
6th Gear
Whe-e-w!

Thanks for the info THEROYALWE...I get confused sometimes with the terminology....Please forgive me if I get a little "dippy" and have patience if I ask for an interpretation of an abbreviation. I have a stock MINI (no modifications, not an "S" model). Ducky and I just came back in from a long road trip and figured mileage at about 33 mpg. I think I could have done better, but traffic was really wierd, a lot of stop and go on the turnpike, not normal for that area.

Now that the week # has been clarified, I feel much better for you guys that are waiting...and you're right, it is worth the wait .

How many are on your second MINI or own more than one? Ducky is my second. After Miss Kitty, MINI #1, got swamped in the hurricane , anything other than another MINI was out of the question.

Welcome JRZYMINI to the Miniacal World of MINIs, you're hooked now... Mick

Old 01-23-2006, 09:11 AM
early_apex
6th Gear
Here are a couple things that most Mini owners might want to do to their car while it's still new:

1. Put some tape on the body where the wiring loom at the top of the rear hatch wears through the paint. Here is a pic of my car's paint in that spot after 800 miles:

2. Clean up the white goop on the body under the hood. There is some white goop that is on the paint under the hood, mostly on the shock towers. It comes off easily now with a clean rag, but the longer it sits there the harder it is to get off.

3. Change the oil. Personal opinion, but I think Mini's 10k oil change intervals are way too long, in particular when the car is new. I just changed my oil this weekend at about 800 miles. Cheap insurance.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:48 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
About the 10k oil change... I know there have been whole threads dedicated to this but what are your opinions?

Old 01-24-2006, 06:13 AM
CeridianMN
3rd Gear
So I got the car back from the dealers detailers today.

There is one scratch on the door/panel right behind the door and one on the driver side wing mirror that went through the paint and show white. The detailers were unable to work it out and the dealer actually decided not to use a paint pen or similar tactic and are instead going to get in touch with a body shop for me and have them fix it. Because it is not fixed yet again they also did not charge me for repairing a ding on the bonnet (figured since it was in why not?).

While it is a little frustrating to have this happen on a new car the service department has been phenominal about making sure they fix it right. I am very impressed and while not satisfied about the scratch being there or it taking a couple of trips to fix I am extremely satisfied that the service departement not only owned up to it before I originally noticed it, but is making sure they fix it right instead of just patching it in such a way that it would be noticeable and saying it's good enough.

Realistically I realized last night that this whole thing ios turning into a very expensive forgotten rear bumper guard for them as if it had just been plates I would have had them mail the plates to me and put them on myself.

I hope two things. First I hope no other week 45ers (or any MINI owners really) have to go through anything like this for quite awhile, and second I hope if they do that they get excellent service like I am getting here in Minneosta.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:17 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
no new 45er news?

Quick Reply: MY 2006 - Production Week 45 Support group