1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY 2006 - Production Week 45 Support group

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Skeffers
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've now received my third survey. It's from RDA Group and like J.D. Power a dollar bill was enclosed. But I haven't begun to fill out any of the surveys yet.

And I've reached 1310 miles -- time for an oil change.

Old 02-19-2006, 03:49 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Skeffers
I've now received my third survey. It's from RDA Group and like J.D. Power a dollar bill was enclosed. But I haven't begun to fill out any of the surveys yet.

And I've reached 1310 miles -- time for an oil change.

I will probably get this survey too as I've gotten every survey you've mentioned a few days after you post that u received one!

Oil change at 1310.... really?

Old 02-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Skeffers
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JRZYMINI
Oil change at 1310.... really?
Definitely within the next week or two -- probably with Red Line. I've read and listened to opinions about changing the oil after break-in and decided it couldn't hurt.

Old 02-22-2006, 04:28 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Ahhhh!!! We fell off the 1st page! BUMP!

Old 02-22-2006, 04:29 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
I want to keep this going to screw production week 45, 2006 out of this name!

Old 02-22-2006, 05:23 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
New Mod for MIB

OK the install of the factory alarm at D&R MINI was the first mod. Then an "Actual Size" Decal, a NAM Decal, A White Roof Radio decal, and now a set of MINI rubber floor mats.

Old 02-22-2006, 06:46 PM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
lol jrzy...

so I'm contemplating if I want to go with a JCW or Alta CAI as soon as spring comes. I also want to do some non-standard stripes. I can't wait until it just stays nice enough that I can start to play around with it... as it is right now it's only ever nice on days I've gotta work or something. bah!

on the upside I'll be out in LA next week... if only I could have blue with me. maybe I can try to rent one out there

Old 02-23-2006, 11:01 AM
DrDiff
Stripes

I havent seen a picture of it, but I heard in the Astro Black Registery that someone has flat black stripes on their Astro black. Stealthy. Unnoticeable from afar, but when they get closer and the blue and silver pop the stripes can be seen.

I have been toying with that idea now for a while. If anyone wants stripes. go to a local vinyl shop and ask for 4 inch wide vinyl in the color of your choice. $50 max. Sure beats the price that MINI gets for srtipes that don't fit properly. The factory stripes end before the grille and don't even wrap around the back of the Bonnet!

Old 02-23-2006, 03:20 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
I have factory stripes and i must say that the fact that they are about 1/8" off of the grill is a little annoying.

My wife has a conference in Philly this weekend so tomorrow afternoon I'll pack my 2 little guys into the Mini and drive down the Turnpike to spend the night into Saturday afternoon in Philly. Aside from a trip to my brother-in-laws place in Stamford Connecticut, this'll be the longest trip I have taken in the Mini.

Going to Switzerland for work again on the 5th...

Old 02-23-2006, 03:21 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Last night I got a harrasing phone call from JD Powers reminding me to fill out my survey... screw them!

Old 02-24-2006, 07:36 AM
DrDiff
My wife has a conference in Philly this weekend so tomorrow afternoon I'll pack my 2 little guys into the Mini and drive down the Turnpike to spend the night into Saturday afternoon in Philly. Aside from a trip to my brother-in-laws place in Stamford Connecticut, this'll be the longest trip I have taken in the Mini.
Stop the presses! Attention world.. JRZYMININ is actually going to drive his MINI! And more than just out of the garage for a wash and Zano in sunlight!

All love buddy! Just enjoy your MINI in your own way.

Hey while you are over in europe... Check on those power folding mirrors. I wonder how much it would be to get a set?

Old 02-24-2006, 08:28 PM
CeridianMN
3rd Gear
Well, my MINI is finally at the body shop for the scratch it got from the dealer. This has got to be the most expensive forgotten rear-bumper guard ever. I would've put the plates on myself if I hadn't had to go back for that bumper guard, and it got scratched while they had it for that stuff. Now I have a loaner (nowhere near as fun as a full JCW) until Teusday. I really hope it's back to good as new...

Old 02-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Skeffers
3rd Gear
Survey #4 has arrived - from Maritz Research.

And I've yet to fill one out.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:50 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Just got back from Philly... The ride down and back was lots of fun. Followed a red MCS with the Aero pack kit on it and a big "Mini's On Top" sticker. Oh... on Thursday I saw a MCS with the Rally 30th (or whatever) aniv. sticker on it. Pretty cool. I actually used my cruise control for the 1st time at one point! Pulled into my driveway this afternoon at 1604 total miles on the clock!

Old 03-01-2006, 04:46 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Where have the 45ers gone???

Old 03-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Skeffers
3rd Gear
Where have the 45ers gone???
Hey, I was planning to post soon.

My car is trailing the group with just under 1500 miles on the odometer. It's ready for an oil change and either I will do it or my nearby nearly reliable auto repair shop (which has worked on a few MINI's) will.

I'll be using Castrol SYNTEC (not the blend) now. At 4500 miles I'll change the oil to Red Line. Maybe sooner.

Old 03-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Skeffers
3rd Gear
By the way the Service Interval Indicator that shows up in the odometer when I start my MINI reads 8500 (until first MINI scheduled oil change).

Old 03-04-2006, 09:09 AM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
I think im just under 1700. Going to Europe for work tomorrow... I'm interested to see some Mini's over there!

Old 03-05-2006, 09:54 PM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
I've been in LA for a few days... Many more MINIs here than in philly... only saw one modified one though.

Old 03-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Skeffers
3rd Gear
Over the weekend, I changed the oil and oil filter myself and also replaced the OEM spark plug wires with yellow ones. Why? I had the time because I didn't travel to L.A. or Europe.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:52 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
I did see some Minis in Basel but the only thing I noticed is that they didn't seem to have the Cooper(S) tag on the boot. weird. A friend of mine just bought a new 330 and it has auto folding mirrors... I wonder why BMW offers them on the BMWs but not on the Minis (aside from the fact that auto folding are pretty ridiculous)? Also it has a push button start which would be cool in a Mini!

Old 03-14-2006, 06:41 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You can get the folding mirrors when you buy a MINI in Europe or you can order them aftermarket here: http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop...ductshow&id=40

If you want a push button start MINI... just wait a year and re-order. It should be standard with the '07!

Old 03-15-2006, 09:23 AM
DrDiff
I did see some Minis in Basel but the only thing I noticed is that they didn't seem to have the Cooper(S) tag on the boot. weird. A friend of mine just bought a new 330 and it has auto folding mirrors... I wonder why BMW offers them on the BMWs but not on the Minis (aside from the fact that auto folding are pretty ridiculous)? Also it has a push button start which would be cool in a Mini!
There is a retro fit starter button. It was discussed here. It comes in silver, aloy patina, and anthracite. That thread also discusses where to get them and how much.

I would love to have the power folding mirrors from europe. I just haven't found a place or part number to get them. I think it would be cool to have them wired into the alarm system so that when the alarm is activated the mirrors fold in! BMWNA says that they aren't needed here because the roads are much wider here than in europe. I say rubbish, If you make it I want the option to have it!

Old 03-15-2006, 04:38 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DrDiff
mirrors fold in! BMWNA says that they aren't needed here because the roads are much wider here than in europe. I say rubbish, If you make it I want the option to have it!
Thats totally rediculous since they offer them on the BMWs! Again, power folding mirrors are kind of worthless... its not like the mirrors on my Mini stick THAT far out! Heck, if someone gets close enough to tag your mirrors you are probably going to have worse problems than a broken mirror!

Old 03-15-2006, 06:08 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Where have I been? I've been off modding my car!

Quick Reply: MY 2006 - Production Week 45 Support group