1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY 2006 - Production Week 45 Support group

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 06:07 AM
Skeffers
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ports To Which We Are Headed

----------------------------------
New York - Port Newark, NJ
----------------------------------
actually Auto Marine Terminal, Jersey City, NJ

Cooperaki - MD = ELEKTRA MCS delivered
Randy-ole-ran - VA = ELEKTRA MCS delivered
CoopCoop - NJ = BOHEME MCS delivered 12/3
JRZYMINI - NJ = BOHEME MCS delivered 12/1
Skeffers - NJ = BOHEME MC delivered 11/30
ja ME s - PA = BOHEME MC delivered 12/3
kenos - PA = BOHEME MCSc delivered 11/30
theroyalwe - PA = BOHEME MCS delivered 12/3

---------------------------------
South Carolina - Charleston
---------------------------------

V70R - FL = PATRIOT MCSc delivered 12/3
Alice Cooper - GA = PATRIOT MCc delivered 12/3
Speedy Alice - MI = PATRIOT MC delivered 12/8
CeridianMN - MN = PATRIOT MCS delivered 12/22
Coopernicus - NC = PATRIOT MCS delivered 12/9
Brian G - ND (via MN) = PATRIOT MCS delivered 12/17
mgracer514 - PA = PATRIOT MCS delivered 12/10
Dawgfan - GA = EMDEN MC delivered 12/6
Powershot - IL = EMDEN MCS delivered 12/3
DrDiff - IN = EMDEN MC delivered 12/9
Neorants - IN = EMDEN MCS delivered 12/1X
Mosco - MI = EMDEN MCS delivered 12/9
rydergal - ? = EMDEN MCS delivered 12/1X
whysper - IL = LIBERTY MCSc delivered 12/10

-------------------------------
California - Port Hueneme
-------------------------------

XrayDeltaOne - CA = TOSCA MCS delivered 12/23
hyperblue06 - CA = TOSCA MCSc delivered 12/30
HyperSkip - CA = TOSCA MCS delivered 12/27
jsound - CA = TOSCA MCS delivered 12/29
vincesf - CA = TOSCA MCSc delivered 12/15
startmaster - ? = TOSCA MC delivered 12/2X
early_apex - WA = TOSCA MCS delivered 12/29

........................Southampton..........Pt Newark.........Charleston.........Pt Hueneme
Vessel
.................Departure...............Arrival...............Arrival...............Arrival
ELEKTRA...............09/11/2005...........18/11/2005
PATRIOT...............14/11/2005.....................................27/11/2006
BOHEME...............15/11/2005............26/11/2005..........30/11/2005
EMDEN.................15/11/2005.....................................29/11/2005
TOSCA.................16/11/2005.............................................. ................09/12/2005
LIBERTY...............17/11/2005............26/11/2005...........01/12/2005

Old 12-16-2005, 07:04 AM
early_apex
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CeridianMN
I ordered the parcel shelf from classic on Monday... It's been slated as a 20-30 minute project by many, but from what I see it looks more like about a 5-10.
It's 20-30 mins. You have to pull the tach and drop the steering column cover to get it out, and in my experience the bolt clips don't like to line up properly so reinstalling them can be a hassle. FWIW, YMMV.

Old 12-16-2005, 09:28 AM
XrayDeltaOne
2nd Gear
The Owners Lounge has been updated with a delivery date for me finally - I should expect to take delivery 12/20 (next Tuesday).

Old 12-16-2005, 10:34 AM
CeridianMN
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by early_apex
It's 20-30 mins. You have to pull the tach and drop the steering column cover to get it out, and in my experience the bolt clips don't like to line up properly so reinstalling them can be a hassle. FWIW, YMMV.
Good to know on the tach and steering column cover. All the DIY I found said was to pull the knee bolster out.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:51 PM
speedyalice
2nd Gear
Picked up my MINI at the dealer on Dec 8, drove her to O'Hare and had to leave her in the parking lot to be covered with snow while I flew out of town. I have to admit that I felt bad about that...

Just passed 500 miles today - love her... much easier to handle in the snow and slush than my minivan. Had 3 girls in the back seat tonight driving home from the movies...

With DH's BG and my SR, our garage looks very Christmas-y. Or Port/Starboard...

Old 12-16-2005, 08:38 PM
early_apex
6th Gear
Good to know on the tach and steering column cover. All the DIY I found said was to pull the knee bolster out.
I don't know what I was smoking, but you don't have to pull the tach and the steering column. I think maybe I did that and the alarm at the same time, which requres replacing the blinker stalk.

Sorry about that.

Here's a how-to on changing the bolster:
http://www.thelivingoods.com/mini/ParcelShelf/

Old 12-16-2005, 08:38 PM
OZChris
3rd Gear
Hi All

This is my first posting for a while on NAM. Anyways, I just realised that my new MCS is a week 45 production In Australia, it usually takes 4 - 5 weeks by boat and then 2 - 3 weeks before a new owner receives their MINI. Life's not too bad as I still have my 03 MC until it arrives.

My new MCS is Astro Black with a white roof in standard Australian trim, which means cloth interior, 16" wheels and LSD (they are the main differences to the rest of the world - me thinks).

At the mo, I am planning for delivery in mid-January, so the wait continues.

G'day from Downunder
Chris

Old 12-17-2005, 12:54 AM
Coopernicus
3rd Gear
The Blue Lite Special delivered on 12/9!! PICS for your viewing pleasure!!

Confession time ... I haven't posted about my 'new arrival’ until now cause I didn't want to jinx it by dumping public praise on the little spud too quickly, just to have it turn into a Rotten Tomato the following week... Besides, the weather in my area has either been cold, rain or freezing rain since I got it, so I’ve had very little quality time to get to know this car.

Well, I can happily report that everything has been just perfect, and there’s 400 miles on the odo already, so I guess it's safe to make some early comments. Here goes...

All options were installed exactly as ordered, all functions operate exactly as designed. Hendrick MINI and my MA, Steve Mezardjian did a superb job with the transaction, trade and delivery. The dealer-installed Aero Side Skirts look fantastic (THANKS LOREN!), a full UltraShield ClearBra was applied by Steve Treece and the OEM Steering Column Auxiliary Gauge Kit was installed.

In short - This Car is Bloody Fantastic!!! It is an absolute HOOT to drive.

As we all know, Week 45 of '06 was the first official production week for the factory-installed JCW Tuning & Brake Kit, and apparently my MCS is the first Factory JCW delivered in NC (from what my dealer was told by the district sales manager).

This is also the first time that the new Steering Column-Mounted Auxiliary Gauge Package has been installed at this dealership. Since this is such a new option, I decided to post quite a few pictures of the resulting installation in my gallery.

So far, I’ll give a big Thumbs Up for the JCW boys and Team Craptastic!! Ordering the JCW Package was the hardest decision for me, but the combination of the JCW Engine Tuning, Brake kit and Limited-slip Diff work exceptionally well as a whole. The brakes seem to be just phenomenal for street use, with superb initial bite, feel and modulation. Overall, I am very glad I gambled my money at Mr. Cooper’s Garage.

I have never felt a more ALIVE chassis in over 22 years of driving and racing cars (including some really great fwd, rwd and mid-engine cars). Only a hand-full of production cars in the world communicate like this thing. I will have to get used to being so connected to the driving experience.

I will offer a more detailed review of the car later, describing the most notable facets and character once I get some more miles on the clock.

Check my Gallery for Mo' & Bigger Pics...

Congrats to all the Week 45'ers that have finally received your cars!

Old 12-17-2005, 08:02 AM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow Coopernicus... great ride!

I ordered the 1st additions to my MCS... a glove box organizer and a rubber boot mat. Don't tell my wife.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:05 PM
XrayDeltaOne
2nd Gear
So, we're all set for delivery. We said goodbye to our 05 Cooper today, very sad occasion. He'd been with us three days short of a year, and was a great car. Not a single mechanical fault, no rattles, just tons of fun. A little sad about saying goodbye, as you can imagine.

Still, we now have the deposit for the new car, the financing is sorted, and we should take delviery on Tuesday.

The best part was that as the old Cooper was driving away, a blue and white MCS that looked exactly the same as the new car should came around the corner and drove towards us. It was quite a moment, old car driving away, new one driving towards us. The fact that it wasn't actually the new car didn't mean it wasn't a fantastic visual. Made for a nice moment.

Old 12-17-2005, 07:41 PM
CeridianMN
3rd Gear
I don't know what I was smoking, but you don't have to pull the tach and the steering column. I think maybe I did that and the alarm at the same time, which requres replacing the blinker stalk.

Sorry about that.

Here's a how-to on changing the bolster:
http://www.thelivingoods.com/mini/ParcelShelf/
Ok, that's even better to know. I was getting a little worried that I couldn't find any other DIY. The one you linked is the one I have studied, multiple times, and am considering printing. I am seriously thinking of taking it to the dealer - but my wife might kill me if I do that.

My only fear at the moment is that they installed the Aux input for free(to make up for the wait) as I want to pick my own mounting point - and it will not be in the glove box (thinking the parcel shelf actually).

Old 12-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Brian G.
Coordinator :: MINIkota Car Club
First Pictures

Here is the first picture of my MINI. Not a great picture, but a picture. Made the 250 mile trip home without incident. Pretty darn happy with the car. Dealership threw in the rubber floor mats and the cup holder. The ride a bit hoppy on the Minnesota freeways

Got fairly good milage considering the way I was driving and I've already put the second tank of gas in it. Have about 300 miles on it.

Old 12-18-2005, 01:31 AM
early_apex
6th Gear
My only fear at the moment is that they installed the Aux input for free(to make up for the wait) as I want to pick my own mounting point - and it will not be in the glove box (thinking the parcel shelf actually).
If they installed the aux input already it's not that big of a deal to move. The wire is fixed length, and you can reinstall it wherever. I like the area right behind the shifter, though the parcel shelf works great too.

Why don't you call them and tell them to install it where you want it?

Old 12-18-2005, 03:23 AM
CeridianMN
3rd Gear
If they installed the aux input already it's not that big of a deal to move. The wire is fixed length, and you can reinstall it wherever. I like the area right behind the shifter, though the parcel shelf works great too.

Why don't you call them and tell them to install it where you want it?
When I specced the car I specifically told them not to install it as I wasn't sure where I'd want to put it yet. Right behind the shifter has been my initial thought, but I've heard of the parcel shelf as another alternative.

Originally Posted by Briang G.
Here is the first picture of my MINI. Not a great picture, but a picture. Made the 250 mile trip home without incident. Pretty darn happy with the car. Dealership threw in the rubber floor mats and the cup holder. The ride a bit hoppy on the Minnesota freeways
Where is the picture from? Also - where do they do the deliveries? I'm thinking they do them at the BMW dealer and not motorwerks, but I don't know yet (I hope when I call Teusday she says to come get it)...

Old 12-18-2005, 05:30 AM
TooTall
4th Gear
Ceridian, Motorwerks delivers at the BMW dealer, over on All American Way or whatever that frontage road is called. Brian's pic is from inside the delivery bay, which is on the west side of the building, the end away from France Ave.

Old 12-18-2005, 08:38 AM
Brian G.
Originally Posted by TooTall
Ceridian, Motorwerks delivers at the BMW dealer, over on All American Way or whatever that frontage road is called. Brian's pic is from inside the delivery bay, which is on the west side of the building, the end away from France Ave.
I had a friend drive me and we kinda got lost, or as he put it, we weren't lost, we just didn't have the right path to get where we needed to go, and found the new Motorwerks BMW/MINI. Huge building across 494 from the Best Buy headquarters.

My MA commented that she is looking forward to not having to do deliveries from the service bay. By the way Ceridian, I was not paying to much attention while in the service bay to see if your car was in their. Sorry.

Old 12-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Brian G.
Couple more pictures

Man is it hard to get pictures of Royal Grey. I did a litte color correction in Photoshop and think I have captured the essence of Royal Grey.

As you can see, a very bright Fargo day. High temperature... 5 degrees.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Coopernicus
3rd Gear
I did a litte color correction in Photoshop and think I have captured the essence of Royal Grey.
Wow Brian, what a unique color!

That last piccie makes it look like a kindof Iridescent, Translucent, Metallic, Pearl Brown...

Old 12-18-2005, 09:14 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Royal grey is definitely sharp. Next to PW/B, RG/Silver is my 2nd choice!

Old 12-19-2005, 03:08 PM
XrayDeltaOne
2nd Gear
Just got a call from my MA, the car is rolling off a truck at the dealers right now! Might be able to head down there tonight and get my first look at it!

Probably have to wait until I get a day off on Friday to actually go and do the paperwork and pick it up. Work is keeping me kinda busy, so I'll have to wait a while to get it. Sigh. Maybe I can slip off a few hours early to get it one day this week...

Old 12-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Skeffers
3rd Gear
Excellent color combination, Brian. But the bow has to go.

Originally Posted by Brian G.

Old 12-20-2005, 01:57 PM
CeridianMN
3rd Gear
Finally!

Delivery is scheduled for Thursday at 3PM. I'll be leaving work shortly after the Christmas party and picking up my wife (we'll carpool). Then we'll go get the MINI, come home and move the cavalier to my parents (show them the new car) and then probably go hang out with some friends Thursday night (and show them the car).

Finally. My wife is frustrated, and I am getting close to losing patience as well, but it's almost time!

Old 12-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Brian G.
Delivery is scheduled for Thursday at 3PM.
Yea!

My wife is frustrated
My wife was really, I mean REALLY, stressed out. It is all better now. But, she still is afraid to drive it.

Originally Posted by Skeffers
Excellent color combination, Brian. But the bow has to go.
My wife had the MA put the bow on. I've always wanted a Christmas car like you see on TV.

I went for a little drive today. It is really hard to have lots of fun with the car due to all of the ice on the road.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:50 PM
TooTall
4th Gear
Glad to here it, Ceridian. I was terrorizing White Bear Lake tonight. I didn't understand why Motorwerks were so unconcerned about delivering the car until we went over there for the delivery and saw how many BMWs they are shoving through there. The MINIs are chump change to their business.:impatient

Brian, my wife got over that 'fear of driving the MINI' pretty fast. About 45 miles after we left the dealer...

Old 12-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Hyper Skip
2nd Gear
Ill never see my car

My car was unloaded 12-9-05. I was given a 12-19-05 dealer delivery date by my rookie MA. OL said 12-23-05. Did my paper work on 12-19-05 & was told by MINI of San Francisco manager he expected my car to be in on 12-23-05. OL still said 12-23-05. I called my MA today to see if the car would be delayed again because it seems this a trend for me. Sure enough he tells me he expects my car to get to the dealership on 12-28-05. Tonight I check the OL and find out they say estimated delivery now 12-30-05. I give up. It looks like I will get my 2006 MINi in 2006. Heck the week 50 production people will be geeting their car before me If i dont get a car by 1-5-06. Im going to buy an Infinty G35 coupe.

Quick Reply: MY 2006 - Production Week 45 Support group