1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Be nice to the new girl ; )

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Lola5
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be nice to the new girl ; )

Greetings from a NAM newbie from Massachusetts! Hoping to find all kinds of helpful info here, especially geared toward MINI owners with dogs as I am an enthusiast of both. My MINI is scheduled to arrive in about a month... not soon enough! She'll be a Pepper White w/black roof MC CVT with all sorts of goodies.
Looking forward to chatting with you all and ogling your MINI pics as my Lola is still <sigh> a sparkle in the MINI makers' eyes... but not for long! Can't wait!
Nice to meet you all. :smile: Will see you 'round the forum...

Pleasure,
Lola5

Old 03-01-2005, 10:47 AM
GoodKid
1st Gear
Girls will be boys and boys will be girls , it's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world except for Lola...

Welcome to NAM, Lola5...your MINI sounds great and good luck with the rest of your wait.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:47 AM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Lola5!!!

Welcome to NAM!!!! Congrats on your forthcoming MINI! Be sure to post pics when it arrives!!

Richard

Originally Posted by Lola5
Greetings from a NAM newbie from Massachusetts! Hoping to find all kinds of helpful info here, especially geared toward MINI owners with dogs as I am an enthusiast of both. My MINI is scheduled to arrive in about a month... not soon enough! She'll be a Pepper White w/black roof MC CVT with all sorts of goodies.
Looking forward to chatting with you all and ogling your MINI pics as my Lola is still <sigh> a sparkle in the MINI makers' eyes... but not for long! Can't wait!
Nice to meet you all. :smile: Will see you 'round the forum...

Pleasure,
Lola5

Old 03-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Wraith1416
4th Gear
welcome aboard Lola5, the PW/B combo looks really really good! what sorts of goodies are u planning on?

Old 03-01-2005, 10:57 AM
atn57
4th Gear
welcome to the mini WORLD

don't forget to motor on !

ant

Old 03-01-2005, 11:00 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Lola5

Welcome to NAM PW/B Great color choice.

What kind of dog do you have? I have a small Jack Russel Terrier and she is a Terror.

Earl

Old 03-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Kbest
2nd Gear
Congratulations on your upcoming "delivery" We just purchased a used beaut and are thoroughly enjoying our new family member!

Old 03-01-2005, 11:13 AM
minimort
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM!

Where from in MA?

If you look at this part of the forum, you can see all the events happening in the NE area

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...splay.php?f=18

Old 03-01-2005, 11:19 AM
atn57
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 10851CS
Lola5

Welcome to NAM PW/B Great color choice.

What kind of dog do you have? I have a small Jack Russel Terrier and she is a Terror.

Earl
I have a rat terrier named UDON!

Old 03-01-2005, 11:23 AM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Welcome! Greetings from Boston. Nice color choice! It always reminds me of oreo ice cream (mmm... oreo ice cream). I don't own a dog, but there's a lot of good related info on this site - some people have gotten very creative using the back of the car with the seats down - dog mats and pillows to match the upholstery, and more.

Good luck with your wait!
Chris

Old 03-01-2005, 11:39 AM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Welcome to the site!
I have a little terror that is going to be the copilot in my new MINI when she gets here. Damon (as in Johnny) is my 6 month old Yorkshire Terrier... What kind of dog do you have? Since my guy is little, he can come everywhere with me... in his blue MINI motoring bag (with some slight alterations its going to be a dog bag...)
Good luck waiting for Lola!

Old 03-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Califzeph
5th Gear
Welcome!

Our miniature Dachshund (Bob Barker) and standard-sized Doxie/Basset mix (Miss Millie) loving riding in our MINI! Bob rides on the co-pilot's (wife's) lap, and Millie rides in back with the rear seats down, on a blanket.

Just be sure to keep glass cleaner and a vac handy for removing dog snot from the windows and hair from the upholstry. :smile:

Old 03-01-2005, 01:45 PM
hafid
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM!

Old 03-01-2005, 01:47 PM
WindMeUp
4th Gear
Welcome!

Old 03-01-2005, 02:05 PM
Wookie
4th Gear
A warm and hardy welcome from New Hampshire. (and down Rte 3)

What part of MA?

Love the color combo, PW is so classy. At least you'll have good moroting weather when it arrives, unlike now...

Old 03-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Lola5
1st Gear
Thanks so much for all the warm welcomes! I love it here already!
Will love life even more when my Lola finally makes it across the pond!

I've got her spec'd out as follows: PW/B, CVT, Premium Pkg., Cold Pkg, all the options in the Sport package minus the 16" runflats (I like the 7-hole, 15" wheels), Xenons, front and rear fog lamps, chrome ext., black leather seats, anthracite interior and headliner, chrome int.

Acccessories: foot rest, boot box, glove box organizer, black rubber mats forward and aft, Union Jack/racing flag badge, and Union Jack valve stem caps!
whew!

Now all I need to purchase is a rear dog seat cover for my 2 Shiba Inus, my kids. I also want to get a plush cargo style mat so I can have the seats folded and give them more area to lounge. I use the ChampK-9 dog harness system which should work nicely as there are rings to clamp onto in the rear that are exposed when the seats are down.. got to keep my kids safe!

So, I want the flexibility of both configs (seats up and down), it's just finding products that are not too gigantic for the wee MINI. I really like the Bowsers product line - very luxurious and come in colors to match my PW/B MC (so important!) but unsure if they are going to be too big. Custom or off the rack, I plan to fill in the boot space (that 3-1/2" deep area) with foam to make the entire back at the same level, on which to place whatever cargo pad thingy I come across that actually does fit! Hoping I won't have to get too clever and make it myself... will require sewing lessons first!

All suggestions on this subject welcome! Any any other subject, for that matter!

TTFN, my new MINI friends :smile:
Lola5

Old 03-01-2005, 06:08 PM
lotsie
Banned
Welcome to NAM,and your MINI choice sounds nice.My lab has almost as many miles in Poco as I do,she is a daily driver to work,100 mile round trip commute.Although she is the Navigator,she tends to sleep curled up in the boot.My back seats have been up,maybe ten times in almost 2 years
Make sure you visit the Off Topic forum,lots of pet stuff there:smile:

Old 03-02-2005, 08:07 AM
Lola5
1st Gear
Thanks Lot15! I think the folded down option will be the one I opt for most. I really want to keep the perdy leather intact!!!:smile:

And Aaron... in regard to what part of Mass.. I live on Cape Ann, north of the North Shore, on the coast. My fiance and I are up in NH all the time, in Portsmouth and Hampton Beach area.. so many great restaurants up there.. especially Chinese and Japanese.. yum! Can't wait to drive up there in my MINI! Come on April!

Jonesing for my Lola,

Old 03-02-2005, 08:37 AM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
welcome to nam!! I remember that wait....it was the worst when she was sitting on the vessel....but I am sure you are aware...heh heh

Old 03-02-2005, 09:32 AM
bradshaws
Neutral
Hi, I am not new to this site, but I have just ordered my own Mini!

I just called 866-ASK-MINI and was told my car is realeased to carrier, awaiting transport! The dealer told me it wouldn't start production until 3/9!

My specs are:
CR/Black top
CVT
cloth seats-oct. panther black
16" 5-stars
Anthracite dash and headliner
cruise

Thanks it, just plain and simple!

Old 03-03-2005, 01:33 PM
pauliekeys
5th Gear
same as lola

Hi , I am new to NAM as well and did my first post this morning. I just found out yesterday that my PW/B will be here in 4 to 6 weeks. My two Schnauzers can't wait to take there first ride. I will post a picture as soon as my mini gets to the west coast.

Old 03-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Lola5
1st Gear
Originally Posted by pauliekeys
Hi , I am new to NAM as well and did my first post this morning. I just found out yesterday that my PW/B will be here in 4 to 6 weeks. My two Schnauzers can't wait to take there first ride. I will post a picture as soon as my mini gets to the west coast.
That's too cool! Both of us with the same specs, 2 dogs ea., and with an almost identical due date! Let me know what you end up using to dogify your MINI! I see Moss sells a pet seat cover, but seems a bit large.. anyone have any comments on this? Also, I'll need to fill in the boot space with something clever to make the whole back "cargo area" level... thinking of using a big honkin piece of foam, but wonder if I could make better use of that space and make a custom lift-open box to store, say, dog treats? ; )
Anyway, Pauliekeys, congrats in advance on your PW/B! Brilliant color combo!

Old 03-03-2005, 04:51 PM
CCM
4th Gear
Come visit us here and say hi: http://www.mini2.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=597
and check out www.minisontop.com Being a pooch lover you'll appreciate that we have 16 dogs and one cat signed up for the MINIs On Top event in June.

Old 03-03-2005, 06:03 PM
jagada
2nd Gear
I have three adopted ex-racing Greyhounds. One of the first questions I asked my MA was "How many Greyhounds will fit in a MINI???" I don't believe I got a definite answer , so I'll just have to experiment when my MINI arrives.

Pepper White w/ Black was my second choice. I was still considering it when I was at the dealer the day I ordered. I opted for Hyper Blue w/ White. Color was the most difficult decision. I really wanted Hot Orange, but didn't want a convertible...

Welcome to NAM!!!

Jim D.
2005 MC HB/W
(in production - scheduled completion 3/10)

Old 03-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Lola5
1st Gear
Hi again!
Thanks again for all the warm hospitality.. I love this site.. so glad I found it!
Good to know about the regional forums... it's so unique and so amazing what just one common interest can spark... so much fun and so many great new friendships, all set off by our common love of the oh-so-great MINI. :smile:
Mine cannot come soon enough as of just 45 minutes ago... I sold my car! Didn't want to get soaked on the trade so I've been aggressively advertising and it paid off tonight! And strangely enough, it was the first person to call on it... came by this evening, took her out for a ride, made me an offer and gave me the deposit.. will be back on Monday with the bank check and to pick up the title.. I'm psyched! Although, I'll be car-less until my Lola arrives, but thankfully my fiance and I can commute together as we work for the same company! How handy, eh?

So glad to have sold my car... now I don't have to wash it every other bloody day and can take the FOR SALE signs off! Whoohooo!

Bought a couple items in advance for the pooches to recline on in the back of my MINI. Just one more item I want to buy... chrome side vents to replace the factory black ones. Any suggestions of where to get 'em?

Thanks in advance. I look forward to chatting more! This is fun!

Quick Reply: Be nice to the new girl ; )