1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello all

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 08:24 PM
Wesleyshawn
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello all

Hi folks. Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and thank the community for the support you have already provided. I search way more than I post, and the info I’ve already received has been priceless. I see items in the marketplace from time to time that I’m interested in, I figured I’d go ahead and create an account in case something pops up I can’t live without. Thanks again for everything,
Wes

2008 R55
ATM Intercooler
MarioKart Downpipe
Typhoon intake (only because the factory intake had a tear in the rubber)
Dual catch cans
RPM Stage 2 tune

Old 04-11-2019, 07:24 AM
miniCPA
5th Gear
Received 145 Likes on 129 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Don't be a stranger. Please share the priceless information you have with others when they run into things you have seen in the past.

Any pictures of you MINI to share?

Old 04-11-2019, 07:58 AM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Hi and welcome to NAM, Wesley!
Post up some pics of your ride!

Old 04-11-2019, 08:23 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Welcome

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 05-17-2019, 08:03 PM
Wesleyshawn
1st Gear
Thanks for the warm welcome. I posted some pics, hopefully in the correct section. Still learning my way around. Thanks again!

Old 05-18-2019, 08:08 AM
ItsmeWayne
It would be good for you to post your pics here, so readers will know who you are. Then later in other areas.
Just a tip!

Old 05-18-2019, 10:52 AM
Wesleyshawn
1st Gear
Much appreciated!

Originally Posted by ItsmeWayne
It would be good for you to post your pics here, so readers will know who you are. Then later in other areas.
Just a tip!

The car actually rides lower than this, I had just mounted the wheels and lowered the jacks. I’ll get better pics soon.

Old 05-18-2019, 06:38 PM
mrwadlo
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice R55. I like the look of windshield vinyl.

Old 05-31-2019, 01:56 PM
Wesleyshawn
1st Gear
I joined this site thinking it could be a fun place for enthusiasts to share thoughts and ideas. I did not expect that certain members will insult or belittle people for not sharing their same views on sustainability and climate control. I don't follow All Gore on Twitter, don't drive a Prius, but I am respectful of anyone's right to do such things. What a boring world this would be if everyone thought exactly as I do. That being said, I feel that opposing views should be met with tolerance, and any debates should be polite and respectful. Whether the thread is about "cat vs catless" or any other topic, I don't need to be preached to condescendingly, and have little tolerance for people being just plain rude. I had planned to simply stop posting here, bit thought I'd send a final farewell in case any other members share my views on this topic.

Old 05-31-2019, 02:24 PM
dpcompt
5th Gear
Received 104 Likes on 74 Posts
Did I miss a thread?

Old 05-31-2019, 02:40 PM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Received 241 Likes on 207 Posts
Well I popped in to welcome you to the forum. Unfortunately it appears that you may have changed your mind. I don’t know what happened, I must not have read that particular thread, but I’m sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. This is a fantastic site for Mini enthusiasts and probably the best source of knowledge and info about them on the web. As with any group of people, sharing one particular interest, like our Mini’s, does not mean all of our views mesh. I appreciate your attitude of being able to have different viewpoints and still be respectful of each other. Unfortunately the divisiveness of the current political climate has been seeping into everyday life, and at times can really get ugly. My father-in-law recently actually blocked another VERY close family member to him on social media over politics! It’s really crazy.
I have rarely seen much actual negativity on this site. It does happen from time to time, as I’m sure you know. But we are lucky enough to, really, have a pretty good group of people here given how large and diverse it is. Give it another shot, is what I suggest. I have gained so much knowledge here. And I keep learning something new, almost every time I browse the forums. Don’t lose a valuable resource because of a bad experience. In the end, I’ll bet you end up having many more good experiences here than bad.
This place is all about the cars

Old 05-31-2019, 08:43 PM
ItsmeWayne
Don't let a few rude posts make you shy away from the site. Many of us here, feel there will always be someone having a bad day! Just dust yourself off and more to other good posts!