1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello, Hello from Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 01:43 PM
tookietookie
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, Hello from Arkansas

My name's Chel, I'm 22, and I've been in Lusting Mode for the past few months... It's gotten to the point that I've been to MiniUSA.com on a daily basis, just configuring and re-configuring. I already have accessories picked out from all of the lurking that I've done on here (not ordered yet though, that'd be...heavily frowned upon by the husband). The only problem is...money. I'm making nothing too snazzy, around $30k/year, and have considered the idea of saving up around $30-40k to just pay for the car cash, but optimistically, that won't be for another few years...which given the amount of insane obsession I've been giving this car recently, ...don't think that's going to work. I almost considered buying a 2002 R50 from one of those wrecked-cars-rebuilt dealerships...WITH hail damage...then regained my sanity when the guy wouldn't even let me test drive it.

Strangely, I have just about everything fleshed out for what I want in the car...except the exterior color. I originally wanted Astro Black, but upon hearing that it actually seems blue-ish (I love blue, but not when it's suppose to be black, that drives me crazy), started looking at other options. Loving the idea of Dark Silver, but at the same time, every other car on the road is some shade or other of silver around here. Both of the Blues also seem appealing, but at the same time, they're not the *perfect* shade of blue for me. Very recently (like, we're talking a scant few minutes ago), after reading about the "Tuxedo Package", I configured it on MiniUSA, and am actually considering Pepper White as well! (My mom has a cream PT Cruiser, and I think it's the ugliest...and she has a thing for "white" cars, thinks they keep cleaner than all other colors...so that's all she's ever had, so I've been very, very unattracted to white cars.) Mellow Yellow also looks so...vibrant and happy, and is very attractive, even though I actually don't like the color yellow... Ahh, decisions.

I'm still waiting to go to the dealer to look at them in person. I'm in Fort Smith, AR. The closest dealerships are in Oklahoma and Texas, roughly 3 hours to the closest one. In Fort Smith, I've only seen Chili Red, Pepper White, BRG, and Lightning Blue, all hardtops, and one Astro Black cabrio, which zipped by so fast, I could barely tell it was a Mini in the first place.

Anyway, the options that I definitely want right now (for an R56 config):
White Turn Signals
Premium
Sport
Cold Weather
Convenience
6-Speed Manual
Rear Fog Lamps
Checkered Carbon Black Cloth seats (I'm planning on getting Wet Okole seat covers anyway, and happen to like wearing shorts in the summer without peeling off the back half of my thighs.)
Anthracite headliner
either Dark Grey or Cream White color line, depending on outer color, but definitely paired with Piano Black
NAV
debating whether or not to get the JCW Tuning kit and sports suspension still...argh. Don't want the JCW Aero kit though, the back looks...questionable. The front and sides look great, but I'm not sure I want the whole thing, and I kind of want it more customized...
Black bonnet stripes only if I go with Pepper White

And then Driving Lamps, mud flaps, and a ton of other accessories...whew.

Last edited by tookietookie; 06-08-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:35 PM
PRattenbury
3rd Gear
Welcome aboard! I hope you end up with your dream Mini!

Old 06-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Kimini03
5th Gear
Welcome!! You have found a great place to meet other MINI owners and find a ton of information!! Looks like you have a great MINI configured!!

Old 06-09-2008, 04:18 AM
reyd1
4th Gear
Welcome! Don't discount the astro black until you have seen it in person. It looks really nice and I like the fact that it is more than one color. Black with hints of blue.
JCW tuning kit.... really pricey for just th exhaust, CAI, and ecu reflash. I like the sound of aftermarket better IMHO. Plano black. Looks cool, scratches easily, shows every fingerprint. I like the looks of it but didn't like the thought of having to clean it so frequently. Hamman(sp?) makes a body kit but it is a little pricey...

Anyway, good luck on your choices!

Last edited by reyd1; 06-09-2008 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Doh! gotta read OP more closely! LOL
Old 06-09-2008, 04:41 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Welcome, and best of luck picking a colour scheme.
Cool configuration.

Happy Motoring and moding,
CROC 411

Old 06-14-2008, 03:18 PM
minipsych
2nd Gear
I'm in Jonesboro, AR. I'm scheduled for production week 27. I ordered from Memphis. I understand about having to drive to place the order. Good luck on your perfect mini! Welcome!!