1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intro: New R53 and new to the mini world

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 09:03 AM
GoodR53
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Intro

Last edited by GoodR53; 07-24-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:57 PM
squawSkiBum
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
Welcome! That looks sweet in all BRG. Maybe we need to start the "Road Trip" forum section. Enjoy and post a post-trip report.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:01 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Welcome and Congrats.

If your doing a coolant tank go with our aluminum tank as the plastic ones are just not reliable.
We also have some great brake packages.
Otherwise looks like a pretty good car.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 06-20-2017, 05:22 AM
HillbillyChili
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Welcome and Congrats.

If your doing a coolant tank go with our aluminum tank as the plastic ones are just not reliable.
We also have some great brake packages.
Otherwise looks like a pretty good car.
Agree with Way, go with the aluminum if you are going to keep the car for a while. Not sure what the garage will charge for changing that out but if you want to save some cash it is pretty easy to just remove hoses and drop a new one in, ~10min job conservatively.

The following users liked this post:
WayMotorWorks (06-21-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 09:51 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cross Country road trip in a BRG Mini... the only way to go! Your Mini looks great and very well taken care of, plus you're doing all the proper maintenance on it. Should be nearly like new!

This is the trip I'd take...

West from Boston, your choice, but navigate to St. Mary, Montana, the eastern entrance to Glacier Park. Stop at the Visitor Center. Can't miss it. You'll find out about the area and they have pretty good food there too. Head west on Going to the Sun Road... one of my favorite drives. Pretty spectacular scenery with lakes and mountains up to the top of Logan Pass on the Continental Divide. A great place to take a short hike from the visitor center (big parking area) to view the Garden Wall and surrounding mountains and valleys. Look for Mountain Goats and Prairie Dogs (they do hang around up there) but stay away from the occasional Grizzly Bear. Park Rangers keep track of Grizzly sightings to prevent close encounters. Other residents in the park include Moose, Eagles, Ospreys, Whitetail Deer and more. There are plenty of turnouts for picture taking... and it's mandatory that the scenery includes your Mini.

After that, continue down to West Glacier and exit the park and turn right on Highway 2 West to Highway 93, about a 45- to 50 minute drive, and go into Whitefish. That's a great town to spend the night and explore a bit. Then, if you have your Passport in your glove compartment, I would definitely head north on Highway 93 and keep driving into British Columbia, Canada. If you like mountain scenery, head north a little ways to the Trans Canada Highway at Golden, B.C. and turn west to go over their "Glacier Park". It's like driving in the European Alps. Epic. Totally stunning area and drive. Continuing west on the Trans Canada Highway will take you through places like Revelstoke, Kamloops, Hope, and Chilliwack while snaking on toward Vancouver, where you can easily turn south and connect to I-5 toward Seattle.

That's just me. I love mountains areas, especially those with glaciers on them during the Summer months, quaint towns and great roads that are cut through them. Canadians are a fun bunch of super nice folks. We've always enjoyed their hospitality and their country.

On a trip like this, you can make million choices travelling East to West across our country. Almost all of them great choices. Whichever way you decide to go, make sure you post the ride here for us to drool over.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:56 AM
mdaz75
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you ever want to meet up, let me know, I'm in the Worcester area.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:22 AM
GoodR53
Neutral
Originally Posted by MiniRoadstah
Cross Country road trip in a BRG Mini... the only way to go! Your Mini looks great and very well taken care of, plus you're doing all the proper maintenance on it. Should be nearly like new!

This is the trip I'd take...

West from Boston, your choice, but navigate to St. Mary, Montana, the eastern entrance to Glacier Park. Stop at the Visitor Center. Can't miss it. You'll find out about the area and they have pretty good food there too. Head west on Going to the Sun Road... one of my favorite drives. Pretty spectacular scenery with lakes and mountains up to the top of Logan Pass on the Continental Divide. A great place to take a short hike from the visitor center (big parking area) to view the Garden Wall and surrounding mountains and valleys. Look for Mountain Goats and Prairie Dogs (they do hang around up there) but stay away from the occasional Grizzly Bear. Park Rangers keep track of Grizzly sightings to prevent close encounters. Other residents in the park include Moose, Eagles, Ospreys, Whitetail Deer and more. There are plenty of turnouts for picture taking... and it's mandatory that the scenery includes your Mini.

After that, continue down to West Glacier and exit the park and turn right on Highway 2 West to Highway 93, about a 45- to 50 minute drive, and go into Whitefish. That's a great town to spend the night and explore a bit. Then, if you have your Passport in your glove compartment, I would definitely head north on Highway 93 and keep driving into British Columbia, Canada. If you like mountain scenery, head north a little ways to the Trans Canada Highway at Golden, B.C. and turn west to go over their "Glacier Park". It's like driving in the European Alps. Epic. Totally stunning area and drive. Continuing west on the Trans Canada Highway will take you through places like Revelstoke, Kamloops, Hope, and Chilliwack while snaking on toward Vancouver, where you can easily turn south and connect to I-5 toward Seattle.

That's just me. I love mountains areas, especially those with glaciers on them during the Summer months, quaint towns and great roads that are cut through them. Canadians are a fun bunch of super nice folks. We've always enjoyed their hospitality and their country.

On a trip like this, you can make million choices travelling East to West across our country. Almost all of them great choices. Whichever way you decide to go, make sure you post the ride here for us to drool over.
This sounds amazing. That is exactly the type of scenery and driving combination I want. I'm doing to trip with my dad and I have a strict schedule of doing it in 7 days so I'll have to see if I can do the Canada portion. Seems like I might as well since I'll be so far up north in Montana.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:23 AM
GoodR53
Neutral
Originally Posted by mdaz75
Welcome to the forum! If you ever want to meet up, let me know, I'm in the Worcester area.
Absolutely, I'll let you know whenever I'm around there.

The following users liked this post:
mdaz75 (06-21-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 08:35 AM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Expand that trip time if at all possible. That's really never-never land up there in those mountains! Something most people never get to see. Especially driving a Mini!!

Turned out to be one of our most memorable trips ever.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:11 PM
RllyDrvrIX
3rd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome to NAM! I'm in PDX if you need a place to rest up...