1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New R53 owner from Norway

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 06:41 AM
espenator
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New R53 owner from Norway

Hi all!

I just picked up a 2002 Cooper S last weekend, which will be built as a street legal trackday car. Aside from the blacked out grill and headlight surrounds it's bone stock, but I've already got some parts on the way...

At the Atlantic Road in Norway

Immediate plans include a Poor Man's JWC brake upgrade, track oriented pads (I like EBC Yellowstuff) and brake fluid, coilovers (Bilstein B14?) and a set of lightweight wheels and semi-slicks for track use (Rota & Toyo R888).

After that I'll start adding power: intake, 17% pulley, upgraded intercooler, manifold/cat-back and a remap (Bytetronik?). Down the line I'll probably end up upgrading cam and injectors too.

The Mini feels a bit on the heavy side, but I realize it's hard to make it much lighter up front. Not sure about a half cage, but I'll definitely ditch the stock front seats for some aftermarket buckets, saves quite a bit of weight.

Hopefully that will be enough to make it into a fun Ringtool.

Espen

Old 06-26-2017, 05:05 AM
chris10an
Neutral
Tuner in Norway

Hello Christian here. Just saying hello to everybody. I'm new here.
I'll live in Norway and working as tuner for Gm. I just purchased my first mini S 2002 and build a new engine for it. My goal is 250>270 BHP.
I just received my FA full Access software and playing with it
Is there a tune file site for this, where we can upload and download tune files?

Old 06-26-2017, 09:15 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Velkommen til NAM.

If you have not already done so, can I suggest you post your questions at the Gen1 Mod - Drivetrain section? There are almost 12,000 threads in that section so you should be able to find some answers to your questions and perhaps some that you have not thought about.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:45 PM
chris10an
Neutral
Hei Espen

Originally Posted by espenator
Hi all!

I just picked up a 2002 Cooper S last weekend, which will be built as a street legal trackday car. Aside from the blacked out grill and headlight surrounds it's bone stock, but I've already got some parts on the way...

At the Atlantic Road in Norway

Immediate plans include a Poor Man's JWC brake upgrade, track oriented pads (I like EBC Yellowstuff) and brake fluid, coilovers (Bilstein B14?) and a set of lightweight wheels and semi-slicks for track use (Rota & Toyo R888).

After that I'll start adding power: intake, 17% pulley, upgraded intercooler, manifold/cat-back and a remap (Bytetronik?). Down the line I'll probably end up upgrading cam and injectors too.

The Mini feels a bit on the heavy side, but I realize it's hard to make it much lighter up front. Not sure about a half cage, but I'll definitely ditch the stock front seats for some aftermarket buckets, saves quite a bit of weight.

Espen
e

Old 06-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
I merged your two threads.

Wow what a view, where is that in Norway?

Old 06-26-2017, 01:02 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Oops should not have merged let me see if i can fix this thing.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:10 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Nope cannot fix, Christian, I do see your thread in the mod section on tuning. If you like, post your first thread again.

Sorry about this, I will be mopping floors in the garage for the next couple of weeks.

Old 06-26-2017, 03:20 PM
mdaz75
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome.....that's a good looking MINI!

Old 06-26-2017, 04:58 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Welcome to NAM from Wisconsin!

Look like some great roads to enjoy a Mini on.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:08 PM
Bytetronik
Former Vendor
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by espenator
Hi all!

Espen
Great looking MINI

We have a couple of Mynes V2 Headers that will be available for shipment next Monday! PM me if interested.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-r52-53-a.html

Old 07-07-2017, 02:40 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Hi and welcome to NAM! Quite a view in your photo!