1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intro 2013 MCS/JCW challenge car

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 03:31 PM
pizzaman09
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Intro 2013 MCS/JCW challenge car

Hello! This is obviously my introduction post to the NAM forum. If you recognize my username I am a very active poster on Bimmerforums and also occasionally post on m5board. I am looking forward to joining the NAM community.

Last fall my twin brother and I sold our beautiful 2002 BMW M5 and replaced it with a very nicely modified 2013 MCS. The previous owner started with a lightly used 2013 MCS and attempted to make it as close to a 2012 vintage Mini Challenge car as he could with only using parts out of the Mini parts bins.

The car has every single JCW factory upgrade possible, JCW tuning kit, JCW brake kit, JCW suspension kit including the springs. The car also features many of the GP parts including the full aerodynamic under trays, the GP spoiler, bumpers and rocker panels. The interior was completely replaced with all of the GP parts including the Recaro front seats, rear seat delete, GP rear strut brace, all of the interior panels that go with the GP, a full carbon fiber trim set, JCW shift ****, checker floor mats... Also installed are the stripes and checker board vinyl decals.

All in all the previous owner put well over the value of the car worth of parts on this Mini.

The only upgrade we are planning on doing is a Quaife limited slip differential. We are currently awaiting shipment of it from England. Our hope is to increase it's performance at the autocross as well as in the snow.

This is the M5 the Mini replaced, sniff

Old 02-28-2017, 04:18 PM
Agbullet25
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks like a hell of a car!

Old 02-28-2017, 04:58 PM
MCS4FUN
6th Gear
Received 502 Likes on 350 Posts
Welcome with compliments on scoring a unique MCS...

Hope you sold your Bimmer outside of your area. I never advertise vehicles I'm passionate about locally, since I want to remember it in pristine condition rather than seeing it slowly become a beater by subsequent owner with lower standards.

It often amazes when owners "invest" way too much modifying a modern car, with quest to alter it from originally factory built specs. Good thing it was the former owner who did so, such that you get to enjoy combo of great looks and sportier performance.

My own MCS is pristine, yet stock other than OEM JCW muffler assy and a few lesser items. Spending significantly more mod $$ on a car that continues to depreciate monthly might better justify buying one of the primo GP2 cars that pop up for sale on this forum...

Old 02-28-2017, 06:49 PM
pizzaman09
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MCS4FUN
Welcome with compliments on scoring a unique MCS...

Hope you sold your Bimmer outside of your area. I never advertise vehicles I'm passionate about locally, since I want to remember it in pristine condition rather than seeing it slowly become a beater by subsequent owner with lower standards.

It often amazes when owners "invest" way too much modifying a modern car, with quest to alter it from originally factory built specs. Good thing it was the former owner who did so, such that you get to enjoy combo of great looks and sportier performance.

My own MCS is pristine, yet stock other than OEM JCW muffler assy and a few lesser items. Spending significantly more mod $$ on a car that continues to depreciate monthly might better justify buying one of the primo GP2 cars that pop up for sale on this forum...
Thanks!

The previous owner was a Mini aficionado. This one was somewhere on the order of the 25th Mini he had owned. This was a personal project just to see if he could make a Mini that was as close to a Mini Challenge car as possible yet still be road legal and only use Mini parts. I have the receipts for the parts, there is more money in upgraded OEM parts on this car than he spent on the car with only 12k miles on it. After he built it, he put 3k miles on it and sold it.

I am typically a person that prefers completely original stock vehicles. However this Mini answered the exact car we were looking for, which didn't actually exist from the factory. We wanted a 2013 Mini JCW in red with white stripes and a white roof. That wasn't a factory color combo so we were willing to accept this highly modified car. The hardest pill to swallow with this car was the lack of rear seats. I wouldn't have it any other way now.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:28 AM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Welcome your MINI looks Awesome

That M5 looked pretty sweet too, sorry you let it go as I've always had a soft spot for them as I worked on them when they came out. What a great car.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 03-01-2017, 08:36 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM! Looks like a great purchase, congratulations.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 03-01-2017, 06:21 PM
pizzaman09
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Welcome your MINI looks Awesome

That M5 looked pretty sweet too, sorry you let it go as I've always had a soft spot for them as I worked on them when they came out. What a great car.
Thanks!
The M5 is a sweet car. I was getting bored of it though and it was a properly needy car to keep in tip top perfect shape. I do miss the stunning interior with every square inch covered in high end leather. I also miss the 7000 rpm naturally aspirated engine that was hard wired to your brain in terms of engine response. The S62 V8 is an absolute work of art. Some day when I am old and don't want a young kid car again, I will probably buy another one.

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Welcome to NAM! Looks like a great purchase, congratulations.
Thanks! I am loving it.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:40 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,967 Likes on 1,767 Posts
Very nice and congrats! Nice find and wow that previous owner put some money into it.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 03-02-2017, 05:42 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You definitely grabbed a great Mini. Can't believe the money that was put into it, but way cool results.