1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Say hello to Jellybean

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 12:41 PM
JellyBean13
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say hello to Jellybean

I've actually had Jellybean for 2 years now and somehow never found this site. But, I'm here now!
She is a 2012 Cooper S Bayswater edition.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:35 AM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
After 2 years of ownership, how do you like Jellybean? Great looking Bayswater example with interesting optical illusion on the 10 spoke wheels. All Minis should come equipped with an engraved link to NAM! Glad you found the site.

Old 01-24-2016, 10:56 AM
JellyBean13
1st Gear
Oh I love it! I haven't done any mods yet but i'm hoping to do a few this year. I've got an idea for the grill that I think will look pretty cool and a couple other small things i'll probably do first before anything major. I'm also restoring a 69 roadrunner so most of my money is going to that so I can get it finished.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:03 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Originally Posted by JellyBean13
Oh I love it! I haven't done any mods yet but i'm hoping to do a few this year. I've got an idea for the grill that I think will look pretty cool and a couple other small things i'll probably do first before anything major. I'm also restoring a 69 roadrunner so most of my money is going to that so I can get it finished.
That's two ends of a spectrum in cars covered quite well!

Old 01-24-2016, 06:15 PM
JellyBean13
1st Gear
Yes very much! The roadrunner originally belonged to my uncle and was the first car I ever worked on. I was only 9 so it's not like I did a lot! Lol! Anyway he died about a year later and i've always wanted that car so, I started to look for it. I found it about 5 years ago in Kansas. So I bought it and brought it back to Indiana. It's almost finished. I know, famous last words! Everything is done except for the motor, tranny, rear diff and brake lines. The motor gets dropped off at the engine builder in 2 weeks. Still waiting for an open slot for the trans to get rebuilt. Here is a pic of the car.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:31 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Wow, finding the car and getting it back. Pretty amazing. Nice car, too. You're close to finishing with it.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:49 PM
JellyBean13
1st Gear
Thank you! I've been working on it for almost 4 yrs. Hopefully, it will be done in a month or two. I've got a few small things that need to be done as well but nothing major. It has a 383 with a six pack and a 4 speed. Only 285 were made with the six pack. And once it's done, I can start working on my mini. The girlfriend already gave me permission too! :-)

Old 01-24-2016, 08:51 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
A go from the GF is gold!!!

Old 01-25-2016, 08:08 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM! That Roadrunner is a beaut! Loving the mirror caps on Jellybean. What are your plans for it once you get the Roadrunner finished up?

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 01-25-2016, 08:16 AM
Lucila
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome Jellybean13!! I'm new here too. Nice car!!!

Originally Posted by MiniRoadstah
After 2 years of ownership, how do you like Jellybean? Great looking Bayswater example with interesting optical illusion on the 10 spoke wheels. All Minis should come equipped with an engraved link to NAM! Glad you found the site.
Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a Bayswater edition?? I've seen a similar car around my neighborhood but thought it was just aftermarket modifications.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:20 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Welcome, " 2012 Cooper S Bayswater edition " that's one of my favorite because of the wheel in the cool interior seats. 2 MINI owner here also.

I saw one of the MINUSA people drive that when it was launched.

Bayswater edition

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/mini/20...-ar123421.html

http://www.motoringfile.com/2012/01/...cial-editions/

If you need anything for it let me know,. MINI Guru here on rare editions.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 01-25-2016, 08:48 AM
Lucila
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the links!

Old 01-25-2016, 08:51 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Originally Posted by Lucila
Thanks for the links!
You are welcome.

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 01-25-2016, 09:37 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Nice to see another Bayswater owner! And with a color-matching roof to boot! I picked up my 2013 MCS Bayswater in Dec 2014, I've been loving it ever since

Old 01-25-2016, 02:38 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Originally Posted by TrueEddie
Nice to see another Bayswater owner! And with a color-matching roof to boot! I picked up my 2013 MCS Bayswater in Dec 2014, I've been loving it ever since

Nice track shot, you are doing it right with the Bayswater. Most don't end up at the track. Love the Kite Blue !

Old 01-25-2016, 05:18 PM
JellyBean13
1st Gear
I probably won't do too much right off the bat. Right now, I'm thinking mainly cosmetic stuff. I'm going to keep the honeycomb grill but i'm going to paint the inside of the honeycomb to match the car. I'm also thinking about painting the flat black part of the fenders, the side skirts and the air scoops on the front to match as well. I severely need some tinted windows!! I'll probably lower the car a but as long as it doesn't hurt the handling or the ride. I'll probably add a diffuser and exhaust as well. Although, I would like to upgrade the turbo but that's farther down the line.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:28 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I probably won't do too much right off the bat. Right now, I'm thinking mainly cosmetic stuff. I'm going to keep the honeycomb grill but i'm going to paint the inside of the honeycomb to match the car. I'm also thinking about painting the flat black part of the fenders, the side skirts and the air scoops on the front to match as well. I severely need some tinted windows!! I'll probably lower the car a but as long as it doesn't hurt the handling or the ride. I'll probably add a diffuser and exhaust as well. Although, I would like to upgrade the turbo but that's farther down the line.
That's a good list. I like the painted fender flare look. Good NAM thread on it with some info HERE. Lowering will improve the handling of your MINI. Suspension is always my first recommendation when modding a car. When it comes time check out what we offer for your MINI HERE. If you're wanting to be able to adjust your ride height, I'd highly recommend ST. You'll also want to look into adjustable rear control arms to help with tire wear. If you have any questions just be sure to let me know. Happy modding and enjoy!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 01-26-2016, 09:47 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Nice track shot, you are doing it right with the Bayswater. Most don't end up at the track. Love the Kite Blue !
Thanks! That day was a dream come true. And I'm obviously a lover of the Kite Blue myself

Would love to see pictures as you make the changes. I'm always looking for ideas on what to do next

Old 01-26-2016, 10:07 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Thanks! That day was a dream come true. And I'm obviously a lover of the Kite Blue myself

Yea, it was the Blue i want on my R58 JCW search, but its very hard find in that model. Track days with your fav car = priceless.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:40 PM
JellyBean13
1st Gear
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
That's a good list. I like the painted fender flare look. Good NAM thread on it with some info HERE. Lowering will improve the handling of your MINI. Suspension is always my first recommendation when modding a car. When it comes time check out what we offer for your MINI HERE. If you're wanting to be able to adjust your ride height, I'd highly recommend ST. You'll also want to look into adjustable rear control arms to help with tire wear. If you have any questions just be sure to let me know. Happy modding and enjoy!
Thanks for the tips! I'm sure those will come in very handy!

Would love to see pictures as you make the changes. I'm always looking for ideas on what to do next
I'll be sure to keep you up to date once I get started on it!