1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M7 parts, service, and treatment of THIS guy

Old 03-23-2011, 04:37 PM
11cooperS
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M7 parts, service, and treatment of THIS guy

I ordered M7 strut reinforcement plates, hot side charge pipe and a short antenna. They are 16 miles from me and I didn't want to pay $16 for shipping, so I was just gonna drive there... but we couldn't set it up on paypal for me to be able to pay on paypal without being charged for shipping... So instead, Monday morning I called, set it up for them to go ahead and ship it out and they promised me it would arrive Tuesday. I called this afternoon (wednesday) and was put on hold for ten minutes by Matthew. So I hung up and called back an hour later.

This time a Swedish guy picked up, had to call me back, and did, but when i said i was promised it would arrive Tuesday and they didn't ship it out until I called Wednesday, he said "yano what? stuff happens, but it went out today and should be there tomorrow". I said, "stuff happens? do you realize you sound rude right now? just say 'sorry' or give me a reason why its late, but stuff happens doesn't cut it for most customers, of which I'm included". So he says "listen, you want your $16 back? Is that what you want? I'll refund your 16 bucks" making it sound trivial, like I'm a baby for seeking info on my order. As I started to reply, he started immediately with "listen, BUDDY, don't tell me..." and on like that. I would start sentences and he'd interrupt without knowing what I was saying. I told him there must be a cultural difference in customer service because this is awful service and he's being beyond rude.

He said M7 is known for the excellent service they offer (as he cussed me for not being aware of how excellent their service is!) and I took two minutes of listening to him rant before I said "yano what, I might just return this stuff" and he said "return your SH** when it comes in, buddy!" and hung up cussing me with the BIG cuss words.

and I've got to spread the word to the few who will read this. M7 does not appreciate this customer, or my circumstance, or my simple "where's my product" request.

Horrible experience and I am now in the market for everything I ordered from them... except I'm calling ALTA or another service oriented company.

As a side note, any suggestions on strut tower reinforcements, hot side charge pipes or shorty antennas?

Last edited by 11cooperS; 03-23-2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention I need advice on products to replace these with.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Evasive
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sucks that you got treated like that. There always two sides to a story but I'm inclined to believe yours. Unfortunately, a lot of aftermarket car companies or retailers don't really understand customer service. They have the mentality that you need them more than they need you. Add to that, the aftermarket car industry generally revolves around male ego and what you get is exactly this. I often shake my head at some of the snarky remarks or responses to questions by some retailers here. On the other hand, I've had pretty good experience with some retailers here. Alta and Way seems to lead the pack in customer service. I've ordered most of my stuff from Outmotoring and they've been great as well.

Thanks for the heads up though. I'd rather give my money to companies like Alta to help them stay in business and keep their products alive.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:49 PM
nics.sd
3rd Gear
This thread should be interesting.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:53 PM
11cooperS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Evasive
Sucks that you got treated like that. There always two sides to a story but I'm inclined to believe yours. Unfortunately, a lot of aftermarket car companies or retailers don't really understand customer service. They have the mentality that you need them more than they need you. Add to that, the aftermarket car industry generally revolves around male ego and what you get is exactly this. I often shake my head at some of the snarky remarks or responses to questions by some retailers here. On the other hand, I've had pretty good experience with some retailers here. Alta and Way seems to lead the pack in customer service. I've ordered most of my stuff from Outmotoring and they've been great as well.

Thanks for the heads up though. I'd rather give my money to companies like Alta to help them stay in business and keep their products alive.
I actually was really excited about M7... they are right down the street from me and supposedly working on some new versions of current products for the 2011 cars. I'm not gonna hang around to find out.

Originally Posted by nics.sd
This thread should be interesting.
I hope the exposure from this thread leads to an attitude adjustment!

Old 03-23-2011, 05:06 PM
nics.sd
3rd Gear
Oh, you don't have to worry about me. I already know lots of stuff about M7.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Agarwaen
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'd have just driven the 16 miles to them with cash, and had my stuff in little over 15 minutes. But working in the retail sector, I have to believe that the customer is the one that is unreasonable. (no offense, not trying to start an argument. Just an observance)

Just yesterday I was yelled at by a customer for not helping him find something, when I was walking around the store in plain clothes.

IMO, there is no replacement for the M7 SRPs(just get a pair from Way If you no longer want to do business with M7). Alta does have the boost tube you need, and shorty antenna.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:26 PM
11cooperS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Agarwaen
I'd have just driven the 16 miles to them with cash, and had my stuff in little over 15 minutes. But working in the retail sector, I have to believe that the customer is the one that is unreasonable. (no offense, not trying to start an argument. Just an observance)

Just yesterday I was yelled at by a customer for not helping him find something, when I was walking around the store in plain clothes.

IMO, there is no replacement for the M7 SRPs(just get a pair from Way If you no longer want to do business with M7). Alta does have the boost tube you need, and shorty antenna.
I actually had the funds for upgrades all in PayPal, which is how this whole thing began. I'm glad it happened at this point. On a personal note, I agree that customers have such a consumer mindset that they demand outrageous services or make strange requests, get angry for no reason, whatever. But the consequence of a customer who lives so close to the edge of rage that the simplest drop in the bucket causes him to snap... his consequence is different than the consequence of a retailer who is THAT high-strung and unaware of his actions. If he wants to get on here and state his case, great. I'm all ears. He cussed me out and hung up on me. I was level headed and basically listening as his rage escalated.

Perhaps an avatar illustration would work.

Me:
Him:

Old 03-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Mr Silverblood
3rd Gear
It wouldn't happen to have been this guy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOtFwzbNN3A

Old 03-23-2011, 05:44 PM
AXO
5th Gear
With the stuff you ordered you will not see any noticeable change in your Mini. I have found that 90% of there products are all Hype. That's just my opinion. I'll probably get some flack from the believers. So be it.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:49 PM
11cooperS
2nd Gear
I'm actually going to double my investment and buy some used HID headlights after I return this stuff... I will be returning the items in person, if possible, because of obvious reasons. I'd really like to find out what was really going in with this guy.

Anyhow, my car did not come with HID's and I sincerely miss the auto-leveling action between shifts in my old R53.

And yes, the youtube voice of Peter is definitely the voice I heard on the phone.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:55 PM
Evasive
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AXO
With the stuff you ordered you will not see any noticeable change in your Mini. I have found that 90% of there products are all Hype. That's just my opinion. I'll probably get some flack from the believers. So be it.
Maybe not the strut flex but I'd want the defenders on their strut bar just for protection from mushrooming.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:55 PM
veggivet
6th Gear
Received 110 Likes on 95 Posts
You may want to check out the vendor review section on this site before ordering from ALTA...

Old 03-23-2011, 05:57 PM
inimini2007
6th Gear
Why not get the Cravenspeed STDs instead?

Old 03-23-2011, 06:06 PM
COOUUPER S
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Silverblood
It wouldn't happen to have been this guy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOtFwzbNN3A

Old 03-23-2011, 06:13 PM
gothmdoc
4th Gear
Old 03-23-2011, 06:20 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
I just got the Craven Speed Stubby in the mail today. I ordered it Monday. From order to actually on the car was less than 48 hours.
Annette

Old 03-23-2011, 09:12 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off you can't drive to their office as its out of Peter's house. Or maybe you can but its not an office or a shop.

Second. I have spoken with Peter the owner before and I could easily believe this conversation was legit.

Third... I ordered the CF Vortex II hood scoop last year and waited over 3 months to get it. Of course they charged my CC right away. Then I just ordered their C Wing in all CF and had to wait a little over a month for it. Looks like they do not stock CF parts but wait to get a few orders then have their supplier make them up.

Their instructions leave a bit to be desired. I had some trouble figuring out which was the top/bottom and front/back of that C Wing so I give them a call and talk with Peter and he tries to sell me the CF splitter. He tells me the wing will work better with the splitter installed.

On a positive note the CF hood scoop and the C Wing are very nice pieces.

There is a reason why M7 does not participate on NAM any longer.

I would say do not patronize them but the MINI community is small and there are a very limited number of vendors.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:26 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
If you want parts I'll be happy to help out. And we do not try to make money on shipping, sometimes my website will overcharge on shipping so I always let the customer know that and correct it to the actual shipping amount. I'm in the bus to sell parts, not make money on shipping like ebay companies.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 03-23-2011, 09:53 PM
etalj
6th Gear
Originally Posted by onefish2
First off you can't drive to their office as its out of Peter's house. Or maybe you can but its not an office or a shop.

Second. I have spoken with Peter the owner before and I could easily believe this conversation was legit.

Third... I ordered the CF Vortex II hood scoop last year and waited over 3 months to get it. Of course they charged my CC right away. Then I just ordered their C Wing in all CF and had to wait a little over a month for it. Looks like they do not stock CF parts but wait to get a few orders then have their supplier make them up.

Their instructions leave a bit to be desired. I had some trouble figuring out which was the top/bottom and front/back of that C Wing so I give them a call and talk with Peter and he tries to sell me the CF splitter. He tells me the wing will work better with the splitter installed.

On a positive note the CF hood scoop and the C Wing are very nice pieces.

There is a reason why M7 does not participate on NAM any longer.

I would say do not patronize them but the MINI community is small and there are a very limited number of vendors.
This exactly mirrors my experience. I was kept waiting for 1.5 months for my C-Wing, with BS excuses and on several occasions, no response at all. The wing itself looks to be great quality, but customer service wasn't brilliant, and I don't appreciate being kept waiting a month longer than advertised.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Agarwaen
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by onefish2
Really? Wow that's ghetto.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:14 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by etalj
This exactly mirrors my experience. I was kept waiting for 1.5 months for my C-Wing, with BS excuses and on several occasions, no response at all. The wing itself looks to be great quality, but customer service wasn't brilliant, and I don't appreciate being kept waiting a month longer than advertised.
Its a bit off topic but lets see some pics of your M7 C-Wing.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:26 PM
nics.sd
3rd Gear
I need more popcorn.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear

we have a whole theater watching this thread lol but im glad ill be getting my m7 parts from mach v or waymotorworks... i would say boycott them but it will get this thread locked so dont boycott m7

Old 03-23-2011, 11:39 PM
11cooperS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
If you want parts I'll be happy to help out. And we do not try to make money on shipping, sometimes my website will overcharge on shipping so I always let the customer know that and correct it to the actual shipping amount. I'm in the bus to sell parts, not make money on shipping like ebay companies.
I'll be placing my order very shortly... Thanks, Way!!

Old 03-24-2011, 12:06 AM
COOUUPER S
6th Gear
Waymotorworks ftw. Ordered a motor mount n helix short shifter n was in the mail the next day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: M7 parts, service, and treatment of THIS guy