1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The "Maersk Wind" heading for Port Hueneme, due 07-Sep-08

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:50 PM
TECENG
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "Maersk Wind" heading for Port Hueneme, due 07-Sep-08

Anyone else's Mini on board? It's heading this way and I'm a watchin' out for it!

Old 08-20-2008, 05:24 PM
rjvegas
1st Gear
Mine is on it!!

Old 08-21-2008, 08:52 AM
TECENG
2nd Gear
Well, at least we have one fellow member on the ship! Hi to rjvegas, my Dad lived in Vegas for quite a few years but recently moved to the east coast. I don't think he is adjusting to the weather change very well...

Old 08-21-2008, 02:32 PM
rjvegas
1st Gear
Yea its been a warm summer...a few 110+ degree days. Down to around 105 now. I was on the week 32 status thread but my name disappeared from there. I made a mistake posting i guess. Oh well a few more weeks to wait...

Old 08-27-2008, 08:44 AM
LaurenC
1st Gear
Thought I was the only one

Damn Ive been looking to see if anyone else was on the Maersk Wind. This thread must have gotten buried.

My 08 Lightning Blue S is onboard, I know the ship left Texas today. Hopefully it reaches Panama before the storm they are saying might hit the Gulf of Mexico gets there.

Ive been going crazy tracking the ship. Its hard cause though I am getting my car through South Bay I actually live in Riverside, CA and am going through a liason at my bank who got me a great deal but because I wasnt in direct contact with the dealership its made things slightly slower. But I would definetly recommend South Bay and Autoland to anyone looking for a mini, they have been very helpful and they really got me the best price concidering this is my first car I am buying alone.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:39 AM
TECENG
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LaurenC
Damn Ive been looking to see if anyone else was on the Maersk Wind. This thread must have gotten buried.
Congrats on the S!
Yes, I was surprised to see not much activity on this thread but it got pushed off the page pretty quick. Funny, I checked the location of the ship recently and saw that it was in the Gulf heading for Texas, then checked this morning and still saw it in about the same place! I was bummed, thinking it may have been held up. Glad to hear it just LEFT Texas...

Old 08-27-2008, 12:03 PM
LaurenC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TECENG
Congrats on the S!
Yes, I was surprised to see not much activity on this thread but it got pushed off the page pretty quick. Funny, I checked the location of the ship recently and saw that it was in the Gulf heading for Texas, then checked this morning and still saw it in about the same place! I was bummed, thinking it may have been held up. Glad to hear it just LEFT Texas...
Yea on sailwx it still shows Mexico, there was one other day were it didnt update. Hope this is temp.

But on http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto

after you put in you vin go to voyage priority, it shows the ports and TX is red which means the ship has already sailed. Panama still set for 8/30 arrival and 8/30 departure.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:56 PM
TECENG
2nd Gear
Oh man, I am getting too excited. The boat should arrive tomorrow and my MA says it is typically 3-5 days to get to the dealership. I am prepared for the worst, in case it takes longer though.

I got the financing all worked out, Mini wanted to give me 6.29%, but I went to the local credit union and got 4.74%. All approved and ready to fund!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 03:29 PM
LaurenC
1st Gear
Oh man, I am getting too excited. The boat should arrive tomorrow and my MA says it is typically 3-5 days to get to the dealership. I am prepared for the worst, in case it takes longer though.

I got the financing all worked out, Mini wanted to give me 6.29%, but I went to the local credit union and got 4.74%. All approved and ready to fund!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What Dealership are you going through?

Old 09-06-2008, 03:46 PM
TECENG
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LaurenC
What Dealership are you going through?
East Bay BMW in Pleasanton. What about you?

Old 09-06-2008, 05:50 PM
LaurenC
1st Gear
South Bay in Torrance! I live in Riverside, after it goes to the dealer they are sending it to my bank in Riverside because I am buying it through a fleet guy here. Which works out good cause I dont want to go to Torrance.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:36 AM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Hey TECENG - I am also on the Maersk Wind and I also bought from East Bay Mini! 3-5 days after arriving at port? I hope so, but that seems a bit optimistic given what others have experienced. I guess it all depends on how busy the VDC is any given week. Haven't even bothered to check in with my MA since I get so much info on this site. I didn't see this thread at first - been conversing on the Week 32 thread mostly (a great bunch of people) who also include other folks waiting for the 'Wind.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Dinlaka
2nd Gear
TECENG and kechman8, I am super interested to here your experience with East Bay Mini regarding the timeline of the delivery. I, too, order with Jesse A. late July and expecting the Elektra to arrive on 9/29. Keep me posted, please!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:09 AM
TECENG
2nd Gear
I'll let everyone know how things went. My MA and the finance manager were pretty confident that I would get delivery this week. I am hopeful but wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer. I know a lot of cars go through the VDC, but who knows, maybe East Bay Mini gets a priority since they move a lot of cars (???).

kechman8, congrats on being on the Wind...any day now! Maybe I'll see you when I pick up my car...

Old 09-07-2008, 11:49 AM
kechman8
3rd Gear
I'll post on this thread as soon as I hear 'official' word from my MA that my PW/B clubman has arrived at the dealership and will post my 'story' about the dealer experience here also. Hope you guys will do the same ... good place to match notes since we are all buying from the same dealership! Boy I am getting excited!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Vernon29RW
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
when I bought my Mini back in 2005 it came on the Maersk Wind!! Actually it was right around now too but on the east coast (into New Jersey if I remember correctly). I took delivery of it Sept. 12, 2005 I guess this boat specializes in September transports for MiniUSA. Good luck with your car!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:30 PM
SirParlan
2nd Gear
Nice to see so many people from the East Bay! I recently moved from San Ramon to Denver. I was working at Lawrence Livermore Lab but couldn't take the lameness. I passed by East Bay MINI every day and longed for a MINI that was right for me. Then... the Clubman was introduced and all was good.

Ant there's nothing wrong with Torrance except the drive to get there. It's where my wife is from and she's terrific! After all, she did not balk when I told her I was getting a Clubbie.
Happy Motoring!

Old 09-07-2008, 09:27 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
East Bay Mini apparently tried to reach me tonight - twice, but both times I was away from my cell phone. Didn't leave a message, either. When I called back I got this recorded message saying that call volumes were heavy at this time. Anyone else get a call? Mine was ~5:30. Wonder what's up? I guess I'll follow up with a check-in to my MA tomorrow....

Old 09-07-2008, 09:30 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SirParlan
Nice to see so many people from the East Bay! I recently moved from San Ramon to Denver. I was working at Lawrence Livermore Lab but couldn't take the lameness. I passed by East Bay MINI every day and longed for a MINI that was right for me. Then... the Clubman was introduced and all was good.

Ant there's nothing wrong with Torrance except the drive to get there. It's where my wife is from and she's terrific! After all, she did not balk when I told her I was getting a Clubbie.
Happy Motoring!
Colorado! Do you miss the Bay Area? On a golf outing, I just met someone who works at LLL!

I was the same as you, pining after Minis but alas they were too small for me and my family. Then came the Clubman!

Old 09-08-2008, 04:54 PM
TECENG
2nd Gear
I just talked to my MA, he said the Maersk Wind docked this morning, and as of 3 hours ago they were pulling Mini's off the boat!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 05:11 PM
SirParlan
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kechman8
Colorado! Do you miss the Bay Area? On a golf outing, I just met someone who works at LLL!

I was the same as you, pining after Minis but alas they were too small for me and my family. Then came the Clubman!
Nope. i don't miss the Bay Area much at all. Really don't miss LLL nor the traffic nor the crowds of people over the hill. I miss my friends but that's about it. I like the seasons here and the golf is great. More courses than you can shake a driver at. Not to mention that I can get twice the house here for half the price. Makes it possible to afford a MINI payment .

Old 09-08-2008, 08:05 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Yep, we really 'pay through the nose' for dinky little dwellings here in the Bay Area - I can understand why you don't miss that!! And East Bay traffic can be a pain in the a** too!

Old 09-08-2008, 08:08 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
So I called East Bay mini today only to find out my MA is off the next two days . No info for me!

TECENG - seems your MA is pretty confident of delivery this week! Hope my mini is on the same truck as yours! Are you getting any VDC or dealer installed add-ons, like stripes or driving lights? I'm hoping 'no' and that is the reason why your MA is telling you likely delivery this week. I don't happen to have any add ons, so hoping that is the case for me, too.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
My MA from Southbay MINI told me my car will be ready at the dealer by the 20th. Im getting JCW aero kit installed at VDC.. so i figure a week extra at the center.... im trying to shop around for financing...

Southbay offered me 5.9 for 4 years or 6.65 for 5 year.... pure crap deal.. penfed seemed to have 4.75% as of this month but i think their service sucks from what i have been reading...

Old 09-08-2008, 08:20 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Doc Cooper
My MA from Southbay MINI told me my car will be ready at the dealer by the 20th. Im getting JCW aero kit installed at VDC.. so i figure a week extra at the center.... im trying to shop around for financing...

Southbay offered me 5.9 for 4 years or 6.65 for 5 year.... pure crap deal.. penfed seemed to have 4.75% as of this month but i think their service sucks from what i have been reading...
Hey Doc, FWIW, IMHO the JCW aero kit is worth an extra week's wait. Kinda wishing I got it myself. Good luck with the financing. Yes, I think you can do better than what southbay is offering you.

Quick Reply: The "Maersk Wind" heading for Port Hueneme, due 07-Sep-08