1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Production Week 42 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 10:31 AM
spetak
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought that might be the case, but my MA could not confirm and seems to think it is still on the dock.
It is unfortunate you cannot track or even find out the status on your own if a K line ship is involved....... If it is on the way already - great. As for sitting on the dock - I have heard tales of woe!

Steve

Old 10-29-2007, 01:16 PM
spetak
2nd Gear
Update
Just heard.
Mine is on Caribbean Highway (K Line) departed 10/26/2007. Maybe your Mini is there with mine?[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]

Steve
[/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 10-29-2007, 01:28 PM
TOPLABDOG
2nd Gear
Congratulations !! After all the Cr*P you went thru with your first car I am surprise its not coming FEDEX. How did you hear? From your MA????

Old 10-29-2007, 03:18 PM
nammerz
4th Gear
just a few more days and we'll all be crossing the panama canal i believe.

so just out of curiosity.. whats the first thing you guys will all plan on doing when you bring the car home?

for me, i think personally i want to do a detail spray to make sure everything is nice and shiny. sometimes i cant trust the dealers you know? haha

Old 10-29-2007, 05:19 PM
spetak
2nd Gear
I heard about it from my MA through email. The dealer and MINIUSA have been very helpful in correcting the situation with the first MINI and I anticipate a much better experience this time around.

First thing I do with any new car is use Zaino to protect the finish. I have everything ready for it. Next - take it for a long drive on the first available Saturday to check out handling and any rattles or other problems - and above all else - have a lot of fun! Not many really good curvy roads around here in Houston though. I don't have any plans right now for mods - although it is fun reading about them on this forum. The stock version is probably fine for me at my age. I might check out the local MINI club at some point.

What do the rest of you have planned??

Steve

Last edited by spetak; 10-29-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:37 AM
nammerz
4th Gear
spetak,

you said you're using zaino products... (btw sorry if its not about the topic but just curious)

have you found any information about ultima products? they are saying its a very nice product on autopia. just curious thats all... any insights?

Old 10-30-2007, 04:49 AM
spetak
2nd Gear
I have used Zaino for about 3 years. In addition to the great looks after use, I enjoy having direct responses from the company leadership to any and all inquiries. It is a matter of personal preference and there are heated discussions on what is better than what in forums all over the Internet. I have not done head to head trials and don't know anything in depth about detailing - but I find their system easy to use and am very pleased with the results. You might want to check out the detailing forum for what others have tried. No experience or insights into ultima. I have become a creature of habit... check out results in person if you can in your area with different products. My impression is that the higher end products are all quite good, are good values considering the small amounts needed, and significantly better than the non-premium brands.

Steve

Last edited by spetak; 10-30-2007 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:27 AM
TOPLABDOG
2nd Gear
Well ASK MINI says I am transit. Since I don't show up on the WW site that must mean that I am also on the Caribbean Highway. Happy Sailing!! With any luck we will be in and out of the VDC quickly.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:41 AM
spetak
2nd Gear
Your MA should be able to tell you what ship you are on to confirm. It is great you are at least "in transport"!
Where are you located if you don't mind me asking?

Steve

Old 10-30-2007, 10:46 AM
TOPLABDOG
2nd Gear
I am in St. Louis only 860 miles from Charleston, S.C. Hopefully, we will see delivery before Turkey Day!!

Old 10-30-2007, 11:03 AM
spetak
2nd Gear
Houston delivery will probably be similar to St. Louis assuming there is no significant hangup at the checkout inspection at the port. I am thinking around November 15th for it to appear at the dealership.

Steve

Old 10-30-2007, 01:54 PM
terryg
4th Gear
The Courage was near Ocean City, Maryland the last time I saw it on AISLive. I wish I could just drive up there and pick it off the ship myself!

Old 10-31-2007, 11:00 AM
spetak
2nd Gear
Great!
I have to wait until 11/8 for Caribbean Highway to reach port (if the tropical storm doesn't interfere). Post a pic when you get it!

Steve

Old 10-31-2007, 05:56 PM
snoopdoggydad
Neutral
The Courage dropped off my Mini at the VDC on Monday. Shouldn't be long now for those of us here in the Northeast. If all goes well I hope to be motoring by this weekend !!!

Old 10-31-2007, 07:04 PM
MUFFINBEACH
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by snoopdoggydad
The Courage dropped off my Mini at the VDC on Monday. Shouldn't be long now for those of us here in the Northeast. If all goes well I hope to be motoring by this weekend !!!
Awesome....that means next stop is Charleston where my MINI will be arriving!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 09:57 AM
cobra1173
Neutral
Originally Posted by MUFFINBEACH
Awesome....that means next stop is Charleston where my MINI will be arriving!!!

My mini is on the Courage with yours as well with a final destination of Dreyer and Reinbold in Indy.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:01 AM
terryg
4th Gear
The Courage left Baltimore yesterday and is supposed to arrive in Charleston tomorrow, a day ahead of schedule. I hope they can unload early instead of sitting around waiting for a berth

Old 11-01-2007, 10:50 AM
TOPLABDOG
2nd Gear
Well my MA finally confirmed I am on the Caribbean Highway due in on 11/8.
The estimated time to St. Louis is about 7-10 days after that!! Any suggestion on what to look for on pickup?

Old 11-01-2007, 11:36 AM
MUFFINBEACH
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cobra1173
My mini is on the Courage with yours as well with a final destination of Dreyer and Reinbold in Indy.
Mine is going to Dreyer and Reinbold as well. Guess ours will hitch a ride together from Charleston to Indy.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:56 PM
spetak
2nd Gear
Well... there are two areas of interest typically:

1. the car
2. The paperwork

Very roughly - before you can have fun....

BEFORE YOU SIGN THE DOCUMENTS - check out the car. Make sure the proper options are there. Check the exterior and interior for defects in good lighting if at all possible. They should spend some time going over the controls and operations of the car - check to see all the stuff works and is satisfactory before signing the final documents.

The paperwork should not be rushed. Make sure the documents properly reflect your understanding pertaining to options, money, lease agreements if applicable etc. Then comes the blizzard of add-on extended care, windshield insurance, rims/tires, Lojack, etc etc. Beyond what can be covered in a short note - but probably outlined elsewhere in the forum: Know what you want and don't want BEFORE you go to the dealership. The excitement of almost having the car makes you let your guard down for add-ons you might or might not want. If there is a binding arbitration agreement (to use in place of litigation through the courts) - it probably is best to NOT sign this particular document. They will almost certainly complete the deal without it.

Don't let your excitement cloud your judgment. Keep cool and be prepared ahead of time.

There must be an area on this forum or others on the advantages/disadvantages related to cost of the add-on coverages and protections. Help from anyone on this?

Steve

Old 11-01-2007, 06:51 PM
TOPLABDOG
2nd Gear
Thanks for the input. In the excitement of finally getting my MCS it would be easy to just sign and walk away. I will certainly take the advice to check every thing out prior to signing. I plan to take a camera and document any potential problems. Hopefully there are none and I will be a happy mini owner. I plan to join the local (st.Louis) mini club after I take delivery. I have sort of followed their club activities through NAM will I have been waiting for my car. Hopefully Topper ( see British sitcoms) and myself will enjoy motoing with them. I will skip the "insurance" for extended warranties, service and tires. I guess it may be a gamble but the insurance companies keep betting we will pay (and lose). I do plan to get a clear bra ASAP. This will really be the first car I care to keep pristine. Probably will be OCD for a while but hey got to focus on something beside work. I have not worked on my own car for a while but plan to do most oil changes and even paint the calipers. Maybe blue to match the paint on the car or red to match the red in the union jack mirror caps. I got the standard OEM bonnets strips. I thought I saw black stipes lined in red some where. If any one has seen they please let me know. Thanks

Old 11-02-2007, 02:27 PM
spetak
2nd Gear
I posted this on the Caribbean highway posting also.. Thought you would want to know:

Interesting --- the Charleston port site has Caribbean highway coming in early - 11/4/2007 instead of the 8th... maybe because of hurricane Noel??

looks like we get our cars earlier!
Steve

website: http://www.port-of-charleston.com/vessel_schedule.asp

3 CARIBBEAN HIGHWAY
CAROLINA SHIPPING AND 588 11/4/2007 Discharge: VEH
Load: VEH

Last edited by spetak; 11-02-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:34 PM
MUFFINBEACH
2nd Gear
Awesome.....I can see that the Courage is at dock.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:40 PM
spetak
2nd Gear
Hope the winds are not too bad when they off load your Mini from the Courage. I am at a meeting here in Williamsburg Virginia and it is a bit breezy here now. I wonder how it will influence ships bound for New Jersey this weekend when Noel skirts the east coast?

Steve

Old 11-02-2007, 06:03 PM
MUFFINBEACH
2nd Gear
My MINI is showing as discharged from the Courage. One step closer!!

Quick Reply: R56 Production Week 42 Support Group