1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the MINI Family...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 06:52 PM
AngryEwok
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the MINI Family...

Hey ya'll, I'm Brad... 22, from Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

This past Saturday, my parents went out to Birmingham, and picked up this beauty. She's a 2005, but only has about 6,200 miles... To us, this is by far the coolest car on the road.

Our neighbors have a yellow '05 Mini, too, so perhaps we can race them out the driveways on the way to work?

One thing that we've run across, though, is that when we're approaching the car and want to have it drop the windows and pull back the roof, it either doesn't respond to our holding the key, or only does so partially (even with the button being held firmly down). We have this problem with both keys, but my dad's seems less responsive in particular. My theory is that the batteries on the keys are likely dead and dying, as they go to a car that hasn't hardly seen the road in 2 years... If anyone could help us on this one, we'd appreciate it.

Anyway, the vehicle is lovely... I have always had bad road anxiety, but I've found myself driving this more than my mom and dad, both. Dad has already ordered a "Mini Parking Only" sign, and I've got the Badge Holder and a couple of badges on the way, too.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:59 PM
old81
M6
Welcome to NAM and your new MINI. It looks sharp and the picture is great.

Not sure about the remotes, try the battery replacment. Otherwise take it to the nearest dealer.

What options are on the Cooper? Great mileage for an 05.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:42 PM
AngryEwok
Neutral
Well, we aren't sure which options are on it, but it still has 2 years left on the Warranty, so that's a huge plus... we think it has the Sport Package and a possibly the Comfort or Cold Weather package, as well. We're hoping to do a bit more research (if we ever stop driving it!) to figure out what all it came with, and what was added to it.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hiya and Welcome Aboard The MINI is beautiful

About the keys - since it is still under warranty, if the battery change doesn't work - sounds like they need to be re-programmed by the dealer...

Donna

Old 08-14-2007, 07:24 AM
andyde
5th Gear
Welcome aboard, car looks fantastic!
I would say the same thing about the remote, have the dealer take a look at re-programing it.

Enjoy it and keep posting pic's...

Old 08-14-2007, 09:42 AM
pinkMINIgirl
3rd Gear
Welcome! You're MINI looks awesome!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:11 AM
07chilired
5th Gear
Originally Posted by AngryEwok

Hey ya'll, I'm Brad... 22, from Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

This past Saturday, my parents went out to Birmingham, and picked up this beauty. She's a 2005, but only has about 6,200 miles... To us, this is by far the coolest car on the road.

Our neighbors have a yellow '05 Mini, too, so perhaps we can race them out the driveways on the way to work?

One thing that we've run across, though, is that when we're approaching the car and want to have it drop the windows and pull back the roof, it either doesn't respond to our holding the key, or only does so partially (even with the button being held firmly down). We have this problem with both keys, but my dad's seems less responsive in particular. My theory is that the batteries on the keys are likely dead and dying, as they go to a car that hasn't hardly seen the road in 2 years... If anyone could help us on this one, we'd appreciate it.

Anyway, the vehicle is lovely... I have always had bad road anxiety, but I've found myself driving this more than my mom and dad, both. Dad has already ordered a "Mini Parking Only" sign, and I've got the Badge Holder and a couple of badges on the way, too.
I have a 07 Chili red MCS and my dad has a 07 Mellow yellow MCS....we race out of the driveway all the time! lol

Old 08-14-2007, 11:53 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
The '05 and '06 MINI has a rechargable battery in the key fobs (no battery to replace). Just go for a long drive and the battery recharges while in the ignition.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Trinity07
6th Gear
Hello from Atlanta!