1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voice Phone Book

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 04:06 PM
MileHighSpanky
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voice Phone Book

Hello---New Mini owner having trouble storing name and number in voice phone book. Following directions but it will not store the name or number. After saying store number it says something like continue 494??? Anybody else have trouble with this system. Just hung up with Ask Mini and no help. Was at the dealert today and no help. Thanks for any assistance.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:14 PM
emtrey
5th Gear
1. Here is what I discovered about programming the phone to accept voice commands from the steering wheel buttons--

After a few very frustrating attempts to get the phone programmed to accept voice commands. I have figured it out ( THIS IS FOR PHONES THAT LOAD THE ADDRESS BOOK W/O THE VOICE COMMANDS--LIKE MY RAZR....here ya go------------

The first command after pressing the MSFW button is SAVE NAME ( not store name)

Wait thru the suggestion to continue till it says speak now--SAY NAME, repeat name

then it will say continue again--wait for speak now...say number, say the phone number connected to the name-- it will repeat number back--

then it will say continue---it will say speak now---say number (1-10) (I suggest making a list first numbering the names you want listed-the number you speak at this point will assign the position in your phone book of the name you are working with.

then the last command after waiting again thru continue and speak now is SAVE. Name and number are stored for use hands free. EG...dial name---XXXX-- IT WILL ASK IF YOU WANT TO CALL AND SAY YES AND IT CALLS XXXX..

That is all it takes....bottom line --wait till it tells you to speak and be patient..its slow. Hope this helps.

PS...send cash in small unmarked bills

Last edited by emtrey; 08-13-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:25 AM
andyde
5th Gear
Great post, it took me a little bit as well to figure it out.

Enjoy...

Last edited by andyde; 08-14-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:21 AM
MileHighSpanky
Banned
Thanks for your response emtrey. Mini sure needs to rewrite the instructions. I followed the instructions to the letter and got nowhere. I am headed for the garage to try again. I have an Acura TL with NAV and the same type of phone book storage and it is very easy to work with. I have nothing smaller than $100 dollar bills, is that OK?

Old 08-14-2007, 10:29 AM
MileHighSpanky
Banned
emtrey---Thanks again. Phone is programmed. Easy once you know how. I advised my dealer in hopes this information will help someone else.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine doesn't say "speak now," it just beeps. But there is a delay before it beeps, which is infuriating, as is it's asking if it wants me to call someone I just told it to call....

Old 08-14-2007, 02:23 PM
emtrey
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Donna0502
Thanks for your response emtrey. Mini sure needs to rewrite the instructions. I followed the instructions to the letter and got nowhere. I am headed for the garage to try again. I have an Acura TL with NAV and the same type of phone book storage and it is very easy to work with. I have nothing smaller than $100 dollar bills, is that OK?
Benjamin's are my favorites...send em on thru. Glad I could help..this drove me nuts till I figured it out. My wife thought I was out in the garage with another woman, I was there so long.