1st Annual MINIs in the Mountains (2006) Ready for some high altitude fun? Learn all about the newest national MINI event!

BrewSwap at MITM?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 08:37 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BrewSwap at MITM?

Maybe. Hold tight. No announcement yet. In the meantime....here is some information that might help you understand our love affair with the microbrew: (from ColoradoBeerNews.com)

Four of the top-50 brewing companies in the U.S. are based in Colorado, according to the Brewers Association.
  • Coors Brewing Co. from Goldern, Co. (Molson-Coors) is 3rd
  • New Belgium Brewing Co. from Ft. Collins, CO. is 12th
  • Rock Bottom Brewery is 43rd
  • Flying Dog Brewery is 49th.
New Belgium is #3 on the craft brewing list behind Boston Beer Co. and Sierra Nevada.

Among the best known Colorado breweries that you will come across in you MITM travels:
  • Adolph Coors (Molson-Coors) in Golden, CO
  • Avery Brewing Co., Boulder
  • Breckenridge Brewery, Breckenridge
  • Dillon Dam Brewery, Dillon
  • Tommyknocker Brewery, Idaho Springs
  • Backcountry Brewery, Frisco
  • Gore Range Brewery, Edwards
  • Kaltenberg Castle Brewery, Vail
  • Flying Dog Brewpub, Aspen
  • Glenwood Canyon Brewpub, Glenwood Springs
and more. Stay tuned....

Jonathan

Old 07-18-2006, 03:23 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Hold your pajamas

the MITM MINI Mountain Brew Festival now will happen. With the help of the legendary Matthew Rohrbach (he of Dragon fame) this thing will happen.

Rather than a brewswap, we will go with a brew tasting....a casual affair. This event will be on Thursday early evening, as many of you arrive.

Watch here for details.....

Thanks,

JPS

Old 07-27-2006, 01:37 PM
bigfun04
4th Gear
Sounds great, post details when available.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crap. I'm not going to be there in time.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:50 PM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
Agro, you should put one on at AMVIV next year. Or come to the Dragon one next year. It'll be bigger and better than last year.

I don't know much about the details for this, haven't talked to Jon in days. But I highly encourage you beer lovers out there to attend. It'll be a blast.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I doubt I'll be able to make the Dragon next year (though I REALLY want to at some point) but we have already discussed the possibility of having a beer-swap at AMVIV4. I was supposed to contact you to see if either you wanted to be involved in organizing it, or could give us some pointers. Please consider yourself contacted.

Old 07-27-2006, 05:03 PM
BrewSwapGuy
Formerly PassatDoTd
I'd be happy to assist but I can't be the lead dog. I'll have my hands full with planning Brew 2 at MOTD. We'll talk.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:39 PM
pauhana
Take the high road
Breweries/brewpubs close to MITM

This is a partial listing of the brewpubs close (less than 20 miles or so) to MITM, some of which may sell their brew in bottles to go (except Sunday). See their webs for directions, hours, and, of course, beers!
  • http://www.backcountrybrewery.com/ The Backcountry Brewery (in Frisco near Lake Dillon marina). Beer to go in 22 oz bottles or in "party pigs" and 7 to 9 handcrafted beers on tap plus seasonals.
  • http://www.dambrewery.com/ Dillon Dam Brewery. Labels like: Dam Straight Lager, Yo Han Bock
  • http://www.breckbrew.com/ Breckenridge Brewery -- "Brewed the way it is because we drink most of it." Very large selection, great website. Checkout the Small Batch Series #471 (in bombers), a Double IPA and an Imperial Brown. Locations in Breckenridge (600 S Main), Denver (near Coors (baseball) Field and in Grand Junction (The Ale House) I-70 west of MITM.
  • http://www.tommyknocker.com/ Tommyknocker Brewery and Pub in Idaho Springs (I-70 between Denver & Copper Mtn). Oops, not next door to MITM, but on several MITM Rides! See discount coupons in your MITM tote bag. Also brew Root Beer and soda: Almond Cream, Orange Cream, Strawberry Cream and Keylime Cream. Beers include (one of my favorites) Butt Head Bock (2 Rocky Mtn Big Horn sheep butting heads), Ornery Amber Lager, Imperial Nut Brown Ale, Black Powder Stout and more! Bring your growlers (64 oz) for a $6 refill! Lots of package beer and soda available at brewery in Idaho Spgs. Good food too.
  • http://www.glenwoodcanyon.com/ Glenwood Springs (ok, not next to Copper Mtn, but on two MITM Rides! Labels like No Name Nut Brown Ale, Vapor Cave IPA and more plus seasonals. Avilable beer to go (if you're coming to MITM from the west, Agro). Pickup a 6-pack of growlers: buy 5 get 1 free. Located several blocks off I-70 (see web) near Cooper St & 7th.
  • http://www.gorerangebrewery.com/home.htm One more, Gore Range Brewery, located in Edwards, just 10 miles west of Vail, a few blocks off I-70. Don't know if they have beer to go.
All this typing has made me thirsty, but I guess I better sign off and go to bed. Don't forget your bottle opener.

Rick (I used to brew my own. Now I drink yours.)