Travel Stories Have an interesting trip in your MINI that you want to share with others? Post it here!

New MINI Delivery road trip! Lots of Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New MINI Delivery road trip! Lots of Pics!

We flew from Birmingham to Cleveland on October 7th to pick up our new MINI. Zak (Maximusmini) made the several hour trip from Ann Arbor to Cleveland just to pick us up at the airport and spend the day with us as we picked up the new MINI. Thanks Zak! :smile:

Julie Saxa, our Motoring Advisor at Classic MINI was awesome! She made this sign for our Cooper's delivery day!

It was a grey day with drizzling rain, but none of that dashed our spirits since it is always a bright sunny day when you are motoring in a new MINI! Surprisingly, despite 4 days of rain, the Cooper stayed very clean with only a minimally dirty boot to show that we had finished the 1200 mile break-in period in one long weekend!

We motored from Classic MINI to Franklin PA where we met up for a family reunion at the annual AppleFest! There was a classic car show which had just 2 British cars, but one was this neat old Lotus!

More important than cars was the family reunion and surprise 70th birthday party for Uncle John. He broke out the squeeze box with cousin Renner and put on quite a show! :smile::smile::smile:

We did not take quite as many pictures as we should have because we were too impressed with the foliage and the performance of the Cooper CVT, but we spent any extra minutes we had motoring through the rural Pennsylvania countryside. It was truly gorgeous and the small county highways were nice and twisty with great road surfaces. I highly recommend this area of Western Pennsylvania for fantastic MINI motoring!

On the way home, we stopped to take some photos at a PA DOT site where they made fun garden sculptures out of old road signs. We did not take photos of the incredible fence made of signs, but we stopped at the garden for some pics.

Today, we took a few diversions in Kentucky to take silly photos at Big Bone Lick State Park.

We came across this closed business that demanded a photo!

After 1200 miles in 4 days, we finally made it home where my MINI was anxiously awaiting his new girlfriend! Despite fading light for photography, the moment had to be captured!

All in all, it was perhaps the best MINI weekend of my life. We are now a happy Two MINI Family now safe and sound at home.

Last edited by Mark; 10-10-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow - what a great trip! Great photos - obviously full of fun. Glad you made it back safe and sound........Congrats...

Donna

Old 10-10-2005, 09:42 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
What a wonderful time: to see Zak, the family at the AppleFest, and all the wonderful twisties in Western PA! Glad to see that your BRG is kissing up to the PPE....as is proper! HA HA HA!!!! PPE is the new gal on the block!

Happy motoring, sweeties!

Clover

Old 10-10-2005, 09:50 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lookin good, i like it better with the stripes on it, looked pretty plain last time i saw it!

too bad we didnt get to meet up, i shall see you guys at the dragon this coming year! :smile:

Old 10-10-2005, 10:14 PM
brgmaxmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Mini was sitting in that same spot at Classic just a few weeks ago - I didn't take any pics inside, just out in the parking lot. You car looks great!

Old 10-10-2005, 11:46 PM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Congrats E on the new addition of the PPE. It sounds like you had a great trip to pick it up. Happy motoring.

Old 10-11-2005, 04:58 AM
koolmini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
neat'o

Old 10-12-2005, 07:46 PM
SashaSolitaire
3rd Gear
It looks GREAT!!

Have the same combo!!

Now for the dealer to get the new silver stripes for Solitaire and we will be all set!!!!

Happy Motoring...

Old 10-12-2005, 09:49 PM
DreamingTwig
3rd Gear
Nice.

Neat photos... Thanks for sharing!

Old 10-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
nice pics!