Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Need to choose new wheels ASAP! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 01:34 PM
BiZzLeSMiNI
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to choose new wheels ASAP! Help!

Hey guys,

Ive been searching for the past couple of weeks for some nice new wheels and tires for my few month old MCS. It's CR/CR and will hopefully have color coded arches in the next few weeks. My windows are tinted 20% all around excpet for the front and as I am going for the whole black, red, and chrome accent look, I am looking to purchase some gloss black wheels with a polished lip. The two options that Ive narrowed it down to are both at edgeracing and are on sale due to their "Spring Bling Sale." I was thinking about either the SSW Inferno's (http://www.edgeracing.com/wheel/2236/) or the Flik Wasps (http://www.edgeracing.com/wheel/275/) (like many people have already), but I cant make the final decision still.
Im looking to get them in 17s and the car will most likely be lowered on m7 springs. Therefore, Im askin all of u to please chime in and give me your opinions!! As of right now, Im really leaning towards the ssw's, as many people have the flik wasps already, but dont get me wrong there still hot wheels! Feel free to show me some other wheel options as well that are black with a polished lip! I no minicooperboi from nemini.org had an all CR mini (including the arches) with the same style wheels im looking to get, but does anyone on nam have anymore pics of this look im goin for? If someone cud photoshop the ssw's on an all CR mini that would be reallly helpful as well!! Thanx guys!

Bizzlesmini

Old 03-29-2006, 02:20 PM
gr8britwjh
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BiZzLeSMiNI
Hey guys,

Ive been searching for the past couple of weeks for some nice new wheels and tires for my few month old MCS. It's CR/CR and will hopefully have color coded arches in the next few weeks. My windows are tinted 20% all around excpet for the front and as I am going for the whole black, red, and chrome accent look, I am looking to purchase some gloss black wheels with a polished lip. The two options that Ive narrowed it down to are both at edgeracing and are on sale due to their "Spring Bling Sale." I was thinking about either the SSW Inferno's (http://www.edgeracing.com/wheel/2236/) or the Flik Wasps (http://www.edgeracing.com/wheel/275/) (like many people have already), but I cant make the final decision still.
Im looking to get them in 17s and the car will most likely be lowered on m7 springs. Therefore, Im askin all of u to please chime in and give me your opinions!! As of right now, Im really leaning towards the ssw's, as many people have the flik wasps already, but dont get me wrong there still hot wheels! Feel free to show me some other wheel options as well that are black with a polished lip! I no minicooperboi from nemini.org had an all CR mini (including the arches) with the same style wheels im looking to get, but does anyone on nam have anymore pics of this look im goin for? If someone cud photoshop the ssw's on an all CR mini that would be reallly helpful as well!! Thanx guys!

Bizzlesmini
Rota subzeros fit the bill. Relatively cheap and very good quality.

http://subydude.com/osc/product_info...12a6e723324052

Old 03-29-2006, 02:27 PM
fs-mini
3rd Gear
Ssw Inferno (gloss Black) looks good

Old 03-29-2006, 02:39 PM
polizei
6th Gear
Ever look into the OZ Supperlegger's, or Ultraleggera's? Just a thought. They are a bit expensive at $240-290/wheel.

Try www.tirerack.com - go and look at the rims. They do not have a CR/CR MINI, but have CR/B and CR/W.

I like:
-Kazera KZ-A Dual PCD - $159 each @ 20lbs
-MOTEGI TRACK TRAKLITE - $280 each (no weight)
-O.Z. Record - $209 each (no weight)
-O.Z. Ultraleggera - $239 each @ 16lbs
-O.Z. Supperleggera - $199 Closeout @ I think 15-16lbs
-SSR Competition - $389 each @ 12.8lbs

Hope that helps a little.
-Cody
(Also, check out the 'Show me your wheels' thread)

Old 03-29-2006, 03:53 PM
BiZzLeSMiNI
3rd Gear
To be honest, I think ive seen every wheel that cud possibly fit the mini, I really like the looks of the motegi traklite 2's polizei but there too much for a poor college student like me lol. Anyways please keep the feedback coming guys! Thanx!

Old 03-29-2006, 05:17 PM
polizei
6th Gear
Then what about the Kazera's? There $160 each. What is a 'cheap' wheel to you? I'm just curious to know. I don't have a MINI, and just started driving...so I have no clue on what is a 'cheap' good wheel, and an expensive wheel. Obviously, the Kazera's and the SSR's I can tell. $160 compared to $390!

I have a feeling when I buy rims and tires the price is going to KILL! lol! *runs and hides*

-Cody

Old 03-29-2006, 05:28 PM
MiniMeg06
3rd Gear
Best Wheels?

Go for the Enkei RPM 2 in hyper black! They have +45mm offset and weigh 16.9 lbs. They are a BBS style. They are hard to find so call Discount Tire Mail Order & ask for Ed @ ext. 432. He can order them from Enkei for $780 a set w/ rings and shipping. You may want to go to Enkei website. I think it's www.enkei.com ? It's in their race series performace wheels. I would say you should ckeck them out! I LOVE ours and so does my wife. A sales person at our Mini dealer ordered a set for his MCS after seeing ours. The techs at the Mini dealer also think they are some of the best looking wheels they have seen. I also think you could go with HRS's at 1k each.
Good luck

Old 03-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been looking for wheels for my black car for some time now, mainly from "across the pond" as they have styles you won't see over here. I'll pay the shipping as long as they don't resemble all the cookie cutter wheels you see everywhere. Of course, they will be powder coated white, when I finally find them. I do have it narrowed down to a couple...

Old 03-29-2006, 08:25 PM
BiZzLeSMiNI
3rd Gear
Thanx for all the replies and suggestions! I dont wanna be a nag but i guess i shud have set up a poll, but as i am still new to the workings of the forum i dont no how to do it! lol So what wud be ur choice if you cud only pick from the ssw infernos or the flick wasps i showed in the first thread?

Old 03-29-2006, 08:57 PM
sprp85
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BiZzLeSMiNI
Thanx for all the replies and suggestions! I dont wanna be a nag but i guess i shud have set up a poll, but as i am still new to the workings of the forum i dont no how to do it! lol So what wud be ur choice if you cud only pick from the ssw infernos or the flick wasps i showed in the first thread?
ssw..

Old 03-29-2006, 09:36 PM
lurch70
6th Gear
stay away from the WASP ... did not last me even one year, bad finish and 3 bent rims ... just from daily driving.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:43 PM
fs-mini
3rd Gear
Not related to the seller, but just came across this wheel&tire pkg when surfing ebay. Not sure about the quality though, but seller claims the weight is only 15 lb. and it is a 17x7.5 with different offset. Too bad I just placed an order for another set of wheels myself today, otherwise may look into it. See if you like it.

Old 03-31-2006, 11:31 PM
minirab
5th Gear
New Wheels

I have the ASA AR-1 in gloss black with the machined lip. They were exactly
what I was looking for. The paint is top quality and the price was right at
179.00 per wheel at the Tire Rack. Check them out.

2006 MCS Astro Black

Old 05-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Red Ryder
Coordinator :: Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
How is the search coming? I'm looking at R-90 clones in black. I, too, have looked at the SSR Inferno and Flik Wasp

Old 05-19-2006, 02:47 PM
BiZzLeSMiNI
3rd Gear
i wud def take some r90's in black over the wasps im gettin as well...have u eva seen like the racing minis?...if u do a google image search for "mini cooper s" ull see a lime green mini that has the r90's powder coated gloss black wit the lip being the same color as the car it lookss sick i wud love to do that look!! ill try and find the pic and post the link

Old 05-19-2006, 02:50 PM
BiZzLeSMiNI
3rd Gear
here u go...wish i cud find some close ups http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

its actually the 12th pic on the first page

Old 07-20-2006, 07:10 PM
acitydweller
6th Gear
Originally Posted by fs-mini
Ssw Inferno (gloss Black) looks good
Incase anyone wanted to know what they look like:

Old 08-03-2006, 08:48 AM
davn8r
3rd Gear
I went with the SSW Inferno's, bought online from EdgeRacing.com (I highly recommend this vendor, by the way!) . . . here's a rough shot. Sorry the photos aren't better!

Old 08-03-2006, 09:05 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
I don't know what they are but the gloss black wheels w polished lip on the Fireball cars "Shockwave" and "Neo" are very nice