Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Pirelli Euphoria "I must be crazy!"

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 02:42 PM
fig32
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pirelli Euphoria "I must be crazy!"

Hi Gang!

I purchased a used 2009 MCS convertible From a dealer with 28k on it. They web spokes had Continental DWS all season tires that looked brand new. Since it didn't have run flats the dealer agreed to put them on at no charge. I decided to do that but it took a few weeks and I continued to drive on the Conti's.

I must say that having had many sports cars with and without run flats, I was hedging my bets. I expected they would put all season tires on again so I bought some mint OZ ultrleggeras and ordered Conti DW summer rubber from my local tire place. I was not happy with the ride on the DWS tires and had planned on ordering the Koni FSD struts since they are on sale. Well my dealer put Perilli Euphoria summer run flats on the car. At first I was not happy and ready to argue with them for all seasons. I left the dealership and noticed the ride was pretty good. I drove to work and back today and can only say that they are awesome! The car feels so composed and while very tight, it is very smooth. Am I crazy? I feel the ride is so much better and can only conclude that the Cont's must have been over inflated. They banged on everything and my wife did not like being a passenger. Now it is not a problem. This is a ride I can live with.

Now what the heck do I put on my 16" OZ Ultraleggeras that is an all season? I can't run summer rubber all year long since I live in Bucks county PA.

Just thought I would share my experience. Thanks!

Mark

Old 03-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Kalibdor
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Euphoria's were my first tire after getting rid of the stock runflats as well. I think i mainly loved them becasue they were Pirellis, but they were sleeker and definitely better than the stock runflats. My only issue with them was the treadwear--I drive very 'spirited' sometimes, and the tires were all down to threads after about 12k miles. Hopefully you won't have this issue, they're great tires! I personally have moved on to non-runflats, BFG G-Force KDW II's. They're gorgeous.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:10 PM
fig32
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks! I have read all the TireRack reviews for the Mini and they range from about 10k to maybe 25k miles. If I see 20k I will be thrilled!