Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Pirelli Cinturato P7 opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 03:22 AM
AoxoMoxoA
5th Gear
Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
Pirelli Cinturato P7 opinions

Even though I have a set of winter tires for the upcoming cold months (I'm in New England), I'm looking for all-season tires for the rest of the year for my '04 R53 m/c/s.

Looking to replace my Yokohama Avid Envigors, which (on dry roads) handle very well, but are terribly noisy and not so hot in wet conditions.

Was wondering if anyone here could share their experiences with the Pirelli Cinturato P7s, which have great all-around ratings.

Excellent tread wear, dry/wet handling and low road noise top the list of things I'd like in my next set of tires.

TIA

Old 09-29-2015, 02:29 PM
MichiganMike
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have Pirelli Cinturato P7 (non-RF) tires on my R52 MINI Cooper S convertible and have been pleased with the performance. Noise level is low and handling is very good (for an all season tire) in both wet and dry conditions. My tires are 16" and the comfort level is also good in my opinion. I have only had these tires for 3 months and 1500 miles, so I cannot comment on tread wear or winter performance.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:29 AM
AoxoMoxoA
5th Gear
Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by MichiganMike
Noise level is low and handling is very good (for an all season tire) in both wet and dry conditions. My tires are 16" and the comfort level is also good in my opinion. I have only had these tires for 3 months and 1500 miles, so I cannot comment on tread wear or winter performance.
Thanks for your reply. That pretty much echos what others (sans MINI) have said about the tire, although I did want the specific opinion of a MINI owner. I see you're in Michigan, so winter driving is at play here. Are your plans to keep them on through the winter?

Old 09-30-2015, 06:00 AM
MichiganMike
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AoxoMoxoA
Thanks for your reply. That pretty much echos what others (sans MINI) have said about the tire, although I did want the specific opinion of a MINI owner. I see you're in Michigan, so winter driving is at play here. Are your plans to keep them on through the winter?
I will keep the Pirelli tires on the MINI year round, but it will spend most of the winter in storage. FWIW, my dealer informed me he thought the MINI would be fine for winter driving.

My MINI is in good condition for a decade-old car. I hope to keep it that way, so a salt-free diet is a priority.

A BMW wagon with winter tires and AWD is my winter vehicle and long distance cruiser.