Suspension OK all need some advice.........

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 04:56 PM
rayzmini
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking OK all need some advice.........

Was wanting some feed back/opinions on my next mod....I have been goin back & forth about lowering my R60 or just doing some nice 20 " wheels what do u guys think based on your experiences with the suspension vs. just doing some wheels any advice is welcome.........thanx

Old 01-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
I have been goin back & forth about lowering my R60 or just doing some nice 20 " wheels
Lowering yes, 20" wheels no way. Cost of tires and weight of wheels out weigh the looks IMO. Stick with a 18" and lowering it will look really nice and the ride and performace won't suffer. Though this rendering looks good

Old 01-16-2013, 05:29 PM
rayzmini
4th Gear
Old 01-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
see
Nice also. Do what you want, not what people think.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:46 PM
rayzmini
4th Gear
yes

Originally Posted by Braminator
Nice also. Do what you want, not what people think.
I agree just was wanting some feed back its always nice to hear other peoples ideas

Old 01-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Burgh Bhoy '67
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rayzmini

I agree just was wanting some feed back its always nice to hear other peoples ideas
Have you checked out he threads from Moto Greg Hujan and Shoof lower their CM's and add 19's. Maybe best of both worlds.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:47 PM
rayzmini
4th Gear
Talking um

yes just really leary abot doing the suspension SHOUPE COUPES POST REGARDING THE NM springs has me spooked

Old 02-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Shoe Coupe
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rayzmini
yes just really leary abot doing the suspension SHOUPE COUPES POST REGARDING THE NM springs has me spooked
The NM springs bounce, bottom out and generally give you a horrid ride. At least they do on FWD non sport countrymans like mine.

I absolutely HATED the ride. The ride was so rough, and bouncy noone wanted to ride in the car with me. I also live in LA where the roads and freeways are horrible, at best.

Go for the H&R springs, it sounds like people have had better luck, or if you have the cash go for the Megan Racing coilovers, bar non best upgrade for the countryman.

Gives you a much softer ride, adjustable height and better handling. I'm a happy camper now.

If you STILL want to do the NM springs, my set is for sale. But I honestly think it should be illegal for NM to sell these springs.

just my $.02

Old 02-10-2013, 10:28 AM
hendricks488
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Shoe Coupe

The NM springs bounce, bottom out and generally give you a horrid ride. At least they do on FWD non sport countrymans like mine.

I absolutely HATED the ride. The ride was so rough, and bouncy noone wanted to ride in the car with me. I also live in LA where the roads and freeways are horrible, at best.

Go for the H&R springs, it sounds like people have had better luck, or if you have the cash go for the Megan Racing coilovers, bar non best upgrade for the countryman.

Gives you a much softer ride, adjustable height and better handling. I'm a happy camper now.

If you STILL want to do the NM springs, my set is for sale. But I honestly think it should be illegal for NM to sell these springs.

just my $.02

Guess it all depends....I have nothing but praise for mine....not a single issue....not bouncy, no bottoming out, nothing....nothing but smoother ride, and couldn't be happier

Old 02-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Shoe Coupe
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hendricks488
Guess it all depends....I have nothing but praise for mine....not a single issue....not bouncy, no bottoming out, nothing....nothing but smoother ride, and couldn't be happier
do you have an all4 or sport suspension?

Old 02-24-2013, 10:33 PM
rayzmini
4th Gear
Talking ok

Originally Posted by hendricks488
I wanted to be different so I did the 20"s wheels ...225/35/20 tires but I still wanna get rid of that little bit of wheel well gap what all did you do with your suspension?I have a NON all 4 S

Old 02-26-2013, 07:57 AM
threar
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shoe Coupe
do you have an all4 or sport suspension?
I've got the all4 and sport suspension, and with the NM springs I haven't had any problems, especially as the car has finally settled in. At first, lots of hard hits but now I'm pretty happy.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:02 PM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same here. Nothing but good from the NM's.