P0112 Intake Air Temp Low Circuit - North American Motoring

Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0112 Intake Air Temp Low Circuit

Old 05-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Neutral

P0112 Intake Air Temp Low Circuit

Need help with this diagnosis code. Look like the R50 doesn't have a IAT sensor but yet have a wiring scheme that goes to the "front engine compartment". Do anyone knows where the Intake Vacuum Sensor is located? I'm thinking there is a short and throwing a code.

Thanks,
Neon
Attached Thumbnails
P0112 Intake Air Temp Low Circuit-intake-vacuum-sensor.png  
Old 05-14-2018, 03:47 PM
6th Gear - NAM Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by R50Neonidus View Post
Need help with this diagnosis code. Look like the R50 doesn't have a IAT sensor but yet have a wiring scheme that goes to the "front engine compartment". Do anyone knows where the Intake Vacuum Sensor is located? I'm thinking there is a short and throwing a code.

Thanks,
Neon
If your car has not been messed with by amateur mechanics like me, the chance of hoping it is a simple short is next to nil. R50 does has a MAPT sensor as I read. It is for pressure and temp.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:07 PM
Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwR53S View Post
If your car has not been messed with by amateur mechanics like me, the chance of hoping it is a simple short is next to nil. R50 does has a MAPT sensor as I read. It is for pressure and temp.
TMAP, yes I read about it but i have replaced 2 TMAP sensor and still the code is still present. Trying to fish the wires to make sure it might be cross. Dealer told me it was a faulty DME and wanted to charge 2K+ for parts and labor. Just making sure I am looking in the right direction. Thanks pnwR53S
Old 05-15-2018, 12:18 PM
6th Gear - NAM Hall of Fame

I would be extremely skeptical of the dealer told you it is a faulty DME. Ask them what diagnostic they have done to reach such conclusion. More likely than not your typical shotgun troubleshooting with you ponying up for the buck shots.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:07 PM
Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwR53S View Post
I would be extremely skeptical of the dealer told you it is a faulty DME. Ask them what diagnostic they have done to reach such conclusion. More likely than not your typical shotgun troubleshooting with you ponying up for the buck shots.
I was very skeptical. I asked them how they come up with that diagnosis, and they couldn't come up with an answer. They even told me that it might not fix the problem. I get a P0302, a misfired from cylinder 2 from time to time. At this rate, I don't care anymore. Just will ride it until it dies. lol. I just end up driving more aggressive and watch for oil levels.