Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

A few different problems, all in one thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 01:51 PM
CaliforniaPants
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few different problems, all in one thread!

So I have a few different things going on with my Mini at the moment, and i figured why not make them all one thread to have less clutter.

Problem number 1: the fan control button. The fan speed up side is fine, but the side to turn it down has no resistance. Its like the button is stuck inside the thing. Ive tried my best to take a picture:
Name:  image_zpscdcfad08.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  55.2 KB
As you can see, the button pushes in on the - side, but there is no button being pushed behind it. Is there a way I can take it apart to see if the button can be unstuck?

Problem number 2: the back of the passenger side seat does not adjust. push the little lever backwards, nothing happens. no idea what to do there.

Problem number 3: MY HATCH DOES NOT LOCK. My car has the typical central locking problem, but I was informed the hatch would lock if both doors were locked. When all doors are locked and the hatch button is pushed, it makes a very loud buzzing noise then pops open. This is the most worrying problem out of the three.

If you have any help ideas for any of these, please feel free to help! Thank you so much.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 PM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Bet something sticky splashed on the fan button....has happened to mine...a sugared soda or coffe...a bump....
Try a few drips of water on a q-tip, then some plastic safe contact cleaner speayed in with the tube...should unstick it.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:08 PM
CaliforniaPants
Neutral
Would that fix the button inside it though? The button i took the picture of flops around loosely

Old 02-09-2013, 03:31 PM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Can't hurt it.
the spring/button behind it was stuck/gummed up.
If it does not fix it, just buy a new/used one....they pop up from folks parting out cars.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:44 PM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
All your answers are around in posts multiple times...
The pas seat can be fixed(usually) by leaning on it from the front like a football player tackling it, and operating the levers...more indelth info in a few posts around.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:50 PM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
For the hatch...
suggestion....the mechanism is in the handle part you squeeze, then pull up...it can be removed with two torix screws, and a plug....then work on cleaning the switch...maybe adjust the bumpers on the hatch, and reassemble....fiddling with stuff to figure out why it broke in YOUR situation, and if you can fix it, or need s new part. Not handy....then might be time to get a mechanic that knows mini's involved, and 99% of the time they just use new parts for anything, cuse they don't want a reoccurance, so it can get $$.
And by mechanism, i mean the swich that activates the latch..is often the issue. Not many other issues happen...so when you say common issue, not sure where that comes from, but more than that, the inside trunk hstch panel might need to come off to acess it, to inspect parts.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:14 PM
CaliforniaPants
Neutral
Im sorry, by common issue I meant that the door lock switch doesnt lock my doors. I know thats probably the actuators. Thanks for the tips about the hatch, I should have time to go pull stuff apart tomorrow.