Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

cc-id 142 TPM no reset option

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 04:32 AM
halcyoncloud
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cc-id 142 TPM no reset option

I rotated the wheels front to back and now getting the TPM error with cc-id 142.

Followed the instructions (https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/d...+R55%2C+R57%29 )
to rest the TPM but do not have the actual reset option under the set/info menu. Only the check/info button shows the cc-id 142 error.

Checking all tires they where at 35 psi (16 inch wheels). I brought them back to the 33psi as per the specs on the door. Still no luck. Read on a forum should try the reset operation while in neutral. Also no luck.

Any ideas?

Old 06-06-2011, 08:28 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
As long as the vehicle speed is zero that reset menu should appear for you.

Those instructions are not entirely clear.

Press and hold on Set/Info to get into that sub menu that says "Check info"

Now press the BC button *briefly* a few times to "scroll" through the menu to find the TPM reset option. Then press and hold to start the reset process.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:46 AM
halcyoncloud
Neutral
Will try again

When I get into the Check/Info submenu and find the TPM symbol I hold the BC button on that and only the cc-id 142 will display and there are no options.

I'll try again tonight though.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:54 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
That's not the right menu... You are getting into the Set/Info menu correctly, but you are going INTO the CHECK INFO menu by pressing and HOLDING (then you are bringing up the "hidden" CC-ID code by pressing and holding for 30 seconds or so). You need skip past the CHECK INFO menu by quickly press the BC button to "scroll" past SERVICE INFO.

So the button pushes are are such:

1. Quickly/briefly repeatedly press the BC button until you see "Set/Info"
2. Press and Hold BC until you see "check info"
3. Quickly/briefly repeatedly press (I think it is two or three presses) the BC button until you get to the TPMS reset option.
4. Press and HOLD BC until you see RESETTING displayed.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:20 AM
halcyoncloud
Neutral
I believe I tried that as well. I think I remember the clock reset being there There didn't seem to be an icon for the TPM. I only found the TPM icon in the Check/info menu.

I'll try again tonight when I get back to the car. Appreciate the responses.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:20 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
I just found the user manual online, it is on page 50 and describes how to reset...And it is the third menu option, beyond CHECK-INFO and SERVICE-INFO.

The icon in the upper display will be the low tire icon like this (_ !_ ) and in the lower display it will show >RESET

Old 06-06-2011, 05:51 PM
halcyoncloud
Neutral
That option is definitely not there. My third menu option was the clock. I pulled the battery for half an hour hoping to reset things as well and still nothing. Guess this is another one for the dealer.

At least my tires will wear evenly. This car is ridiculous.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:19 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The car has to be running to do this reset. But from what you are saying you are definitely NOT getting to the correct menu item.

1. get in car and put key fob in slot.
2. Start engine
3. Quickly/briefly repeatedly press the BC button until you see "SET INFO"
4. Press and Hold BC until you see "CHECK INFO"
5. Quickly/briefly press the BC button SERVICE INFO shows up
6. Quickly/briefly press the BC button ACTIVE REST shows up
7. Press and HOLD BC until RESETTING appears on the screen
8. Drive for some distance until the Tire Monitor light in the speedo goes out

Just did this on three cars and it works perfectly. BUT the car engine MUST be running.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:40 PM
halcyoncloud
Neutral
Yeah, I'm not getting the ACTIVE REST option in number 6 you mentioned. Engine has been running in all my tests. Maybe the TPM units have failed or is there another code for that?

Old 02-19-2020, 09:27 AM
Dexzy
Neutral
Originally Posted by halcyoncloud
I rotated the wheels front to back and now getting the TPM error with cc-id 142.

Followed the instructions (https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/d...+R55%2C+R57%29 )
to rest the TPM but do not have the actual reset option under the set/info menu. Only the check/info button shows the cc-id 142 error.

Checking all tires they where at 35 psi (16 inch wheels). I brought them back to the 33psi as per the specs on the door. Still no luck. Read on a forum should try the reset operation while in neutral. Also no luck.

Any ideas?
I was having the same issue when I change all 4 tires, press the centre control and that will take you to settings, scroll vehicle and tires and to TPM to reset it.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:18 PM
Snuggaz13
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Did you ever get this fixed. I'm having the same issues. On the screen it highlights all 4 tires but in the set menue it doesn't show the tire symbol and the reset option. Only thing I can get is that cc-id 142 code.

Old 12-24-2022, 11:09 AM
Quarky42
Neutral
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dexzy
I was having the same issue when I change all 4 tires, press the centre control and that will take you to settings, scroll vehicle and tires and to TPM to reset it.
Are you saying you did the TPMS reset using the joystick in the center console area between gear shift and parking brake?

I do not have a TPMS reset menu on the BC stalk button. I have SET/INFO which gives either CHECK-INFO or SERVICE-INFO. After those two is Home and then the menu starts over again.

My joystick is dead and a replacement is ordered so if it is in the NAV Media Center unit menus, I wouldn't be able to see that yet.