Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Blinkers/Signal lights hesitating

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Enano
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blinkers/Signal lights hesitating

Hello all! Been browsing this forum for some time and I decided to register since I need your help and seems that this community is pretty helpful with each other

Little about my mini... I have a 03 R53 with 53k miles or so. I had it for 6 to 8 months now and I been doing regular maintenance myself since I got it. Car has 15% reduction pulley, alta intake and strut brace. Everything else is pretty much stock. I got the car when it had 47k miles.

Today on my way back to work I noticed when I put the signal lights (either left or right) the clicking inside started hesitating. It was not clicking on a constant beat. Sometimes it had like a half second delay for the next blink and sometimes clicks ahead of time. On my previous cars when the signal bulb went out, the car blinked faster but stayed consistent... which is not my case. So I got to work and I put the signal and tested both left and right... signal works on front and rear but inside has that hesistation problem and when I was parked, the right signal clicked just once then stopped but the lights outside were blinking.

I tried to search the problem and didnt find anything directly related to my issue. Sorry if it has been posted before. I even tried google and nothing.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Enano
1st Gear
Bump

Old 11-29-2009, 01:38 AM
Enano
1st Gear
Tonight on my way home I took advantage that it was dark and that way I could spot if the signal lights hesitate as well. At one point my signal light got stuck or hesitated faster or slower at times but noticed that the outside signal lights are turning on when they are supposed to and blinking normally. In other words, the problem could be inside since the outside light up just fine and blink like they are supposed to.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Enano
1st Gear
Anyone?

Old 01-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Enano
1st Gear
Oddly I replaced the stock battery with a optima red top and problem was solved immediately Red top fits perfectly as well. Recommend it.