Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Why I won't buy a MINI - yet

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Benibiker
6th Gear
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by ClubmanS
CAD computer design doesn't guarantee engines free of defects. I have a friend that worked at WW for 11 years and he is well familiarized with the German way of thinking and doing things.

Germans, outside of Germany, do not admit to fault. They favorite phrase when confronted with a massive product defect is "That is impossible!". His tales of him dealing with German VW management with the Jetta power window falling fiasco are something you would expect to see on the Jay Leno show or the comedy channel. Germans like to live in denial when it comes to things like this.

Second, they believe that if a car works good in Germany it should work just as good anywhere else in the world. Germany has a fairly benign climate more like any other country in the world. They don't have extreme winters or scorching hot summers. When Germans travel to other parts of the world and see that their cars don't perform as well in high altitudes (Read the Andes in South America or the Himalayas in Asia) their eyes open wide in disbelief like little children that have never been out of the Barney show stage.

His tales are amazing. I told him he should write a book exposing the auto German car industry. Is not what everybody thinks it is.
Since American cars are tested in sub zero parts of the world and in extreme desert areas too I would have thought the Germans did the same...