New Ontario Mini Dealership Not So Good News

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:40 PM
LaurenC
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Ontario Mini Dealership Not So Good News

So today I took my 08 Cooper S into the new Ontario Mini for its first service. I custom ordered it two years ago, it took three months to ship from England, It was my first big purchase without my parents, I am basically the only person to drive it other than the test drive people and the person who loaded and unloaded it. I dont have a very long commute so my mileage is super low. I was happy when the service light came up cause I figured after two years I definitely wanted someone to check things over. I was also super happy to check out the new Ontario dealership which is much closer to Riverside than the Irvine or Orange County dealerships. I dropped it off and went to do some running around with my mom.

While doing errands I receive a call that there was a little accident. Apparently as they pulled it into the service garage the guy ran over some suspension stuff that was laying on the ground. Scratching and dinging up the bottom black plastic part of the bumper and one of the panels around my fog lights. Needless to say I was not happy. When I took it in the worst it had was an almost invisible ding on the door where someone's door bumped me in a parking lot. I went over to check it out and thankfully they had already sent the panel to the shop to be fixed and repainted (another worry for me since my mini is Lightning Blue and they dont make that anymore-but they promised it would match). They said it would be done tomorrow so we decided to leave it rather than drive it back and forth. They were very nice about it but Come On you expect your mini to be safe at the dealership.

They even asked me if I wanted it washed since some mini owners are particular about who washes their car. I said it was fine, I mean I am particular enough that I dont do the high school car washes but I figure these people can do a good enough job. Maybe I need to be more particular since they cant even pull it into a garage without messing it up.

Obviously they are fixing it and what not but it still doesn't make things right. I know accidents happen, but still. I will have to think long and hard about taking it there again.

Last edited by LaurenC; 07-23-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:41 PM
LaurenC
1st Gear
and I know I need to update my signature

Old 07-23-2010, 09:29 PM
sir5150
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LaurenC
So today I took my 08 Cooper S into the new Ontario Mini for its first service. I custom ordered it two years ago, it took three months to ship from England, It was my first big purchase without my parents, I am basically the only person to drive it other than the test drive people and the person who loaded and unloaded it. I dont have a very long commute so my mileage is super low. I was happy when the service light came up cause I figured after two years I definitely wanted someone to check things over. I was also super happy to check out the new Ontario dealership which is much closer to Riverside than the Irvine or Orange County dealerships. I dropped it off and went to do some running around with my mom.

While doing errands I receive a call that there was a little accident. Apparently as they pulled it into the service garage the guy ran over some suspension stuff that was laying on the ground. Scratching and dinging up the bottom black plastic part of the bumper and one of the panels around my fog lights. Needless to say I was not happy. When I took it in the worst it had was an almost invisible ding on the door where someone's door bumped me in a parking lot. I went over to check it out and thankfully they had already sent the panel to the shop to be fixed and repainted (another worry for me since my mini is Lightning Blue and they dont make that anymore-but they promised it would match). They said it would be done tomorrow so we decided to leave it rather than drive it back and forth. They were very nice about it but Come On you expect your mini to be safe at the dealership.

They even asked me if I wanted it washed since some mini owners are particular about who washes their car. I said it was fine, I mean I am particular enough that I dont do the high school car washes but I figure these people can do a good enough job. Maybe I need to be more particular since they cant even pull it into a garage without messing it up.

Obviously they are fixing it and what not but it still doesn't make things right. I know accidents happen, but still. I will have to think long and hard about taking it there again.
Sorry to here about your mini. I have been using ontario mini since they opened for my 08 and just got my wife a 2010 clubman. i have been to other mini dealers and these guys have been great hang in there I am sure they will make it right.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 AM
jsargevt
3rd Gear
It's a car. Stuff happens. There are human beings at the dealership - occasionally they make mistakes. They were up front about it and they are fixing it. Move on and don't let it bother you.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:01 PM
lakersguy
2nd Gear
Just bought my MCCS from Ontario and I can tell you w/o a doubt, those are the best bunch of dealers I have been involved with.
They are honest, fair, and friendly. I'm sure they will make good on the damage to your car.
Give them a chance.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:19 PM
RobertJ
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On a side note, you shouldn't wait any more than 12 months to get it serviced regardless of miles or the service engine light. Even if your dealer won't service it for free at 12 months (but I believe they will) you should change the oil at that time.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:27 PM
kansasbob98
2nd Gear
I got my first free oil change at about 5600 miles just before it's first service anniversary. Got the second one today at 10600 miles. Plus new wipers, brake flush and other stuff. Remeber service is free for the first three years. Just be sure and get it done before the service anniversary.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:42 AM
smurfette26
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jsargevt
It's a car. Stuff happens. There are human beings at the dealership - occasionally they make mistakes. They were up front about it and they are fixing it. Move on and don't let it bother you.
I agree, you want an honest dealership working on your car. Sure it would have been better if an accident had not occurred but at least this way you get to see how well they handle repairs on a relativity minor repair. Hope it all goes well, keep us informed!

Old 05-21-2012, 04:50 PM
LaurenC
1st Gear
Continued having problems with them. A lot of people base their opinion on buying a car... that is a world away from getting your car serviced. I took it in a second time not longer after their little accident because I wrecked a tire, that was fine (thankfully I got there when I did though because they only had one of my tires left). I took it in recently for the recall- water pump. While it was there they said that it needed a new tire (one was wearing faster than the others- therefore also realignment) and fuel injection, brakes (which okay is common in a small car) and a laundry list of other things. Walked out $1500 poorer. I cant say for sure it was an upsell, but it sure felt like one. Car was 3 years old and only had 16000 miles.

Now just about a month later my engine light came on Monday on my way to work (hadn't refueled in two weeks, absolutely nothing had changed, just pulled out of my garage started driving and it came on). So I try to schedule an appointment for Saturday because that is the only day I can go. First the girl was really rude and said they couldnt get my car in till 10 and that they probably wouldn't be able to look at it. I had plans for that time so said I would have to call back. I called back later and the girl was very nice, and told me they had a 9:45 or 10:45 so I took 10:45. In the meantime the light went out after a few days, but I didnt want to chance it so I kept my appointment. Assumed it was something simple, loose hose... something emissions related. Wasn't experiencing any noticeable difference.

They were packed of course because of some mini event I had no knowledge of. Finally when they got to checking me in, they informed me they wouldnt have time to look at it that day and they would give me a loaner. That of course brought its own set of difficulties. Finally about noon I am driving out in a loaner. I thought it wasn't so bad, at least they gave me a loaner. Its new 2012, completely different from mine (though when you are used to an S the cooper seems gutless). So I thought ok this will be fun for a weekend, and was impressed they gave me a loaner and didnt leave me stranded without a car.

Ive waited all day no updates. I called around 1 and was told they had no news. They close at 7 and it takes me about an hour to get there in traffic, not to mention other arrangements that have to be made. Me getting gas in the loaner and arranging for someone to feed my pets before they destroy my house. So i call again at 4.... Granted I am at work doing this, something I hate to have to do. Now we're looking at Tuesday, so they've had it longer for something that should be easy than they did when they crashed it.

Also to the person who said you should take it more often- I tried and Mini Irvine (before Ontario was built) practically refused to look at it after a year. THey said it wasnt due. I almost broke down in tears before the guy agreed to look it over and top off my fluids. And that was mainly because I had a super frustrating trip getting there so I was at my wits end.

I love my mini and the mini company, really this engine light is the first issue I've had with the car itself (and even then that could have been something they caused when it was in last, my parents have that problem with Toyota all the time). But every time I take it to Ontario I feel it is way more hassle than it should be. I am actually really looking forward to it not being under warranty anymore, normally I'd still take it to the dealer but looking for someplace in town I can take it to instead.