South Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisianna, and Texas

Northwest Arkansas MINIs

Old 06-27-2005, 07:54 AM
sjarvis
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Northwest Arkansas MINIs

Hey,

I live in Fayetteville, and I'd like to get a MINI group started here in Northwest Arkansas. There are at least 15-20 MINIs in Fayetteville, so surely we've got at least 30 or so in the greater NWA area.

If you live in NWA and are interested (or aren't interested and just want to be counted), post a reply here or drop me an email at steven (at) nwamini (dot) org.

We've got such awesome motoring roads here in the Ozarks (the Pig Trail as a "Tail of the Pig" mid-continent companion to the Dragon?), we should get together and run 'em together.

Thanks!

Steven

Old 06-27-2005, 10:07 AM
cooldaddy
5th Gear
Hey Steven, I live in Oklahoma City, not too far from NWA and would like to hear more about your favorite roads. Can you post some details on them? I would like to check them out and maybe join a group outing in the future...

Marcel.
http://www.okmini.com

Old 06-28-2005, 12:15 PM
sjarvis
1st Gear
Some of the great driving roads in the Arkansas Ozarks include:

US62 across the top of the state, especially around Eureka Springs, which is a great Victorian-eque tourist town.

AR 14 from Batesville to Mountain View, in north central Arkansas. Mountain View has a great folk festival in the fall and Batesville is nice little college town.

The Pig Trail. HWY 23 from HWY 16 east of Fayetteville to I-40 at Ozark. Tight twisties with beautiful Ozark mountain vistas. You have a hard time paying attention to the road sometimes! I occasionally see bears on/near this road, too. Lots of places to stop and take pictures. Beautiful in the Fall colors and in the Spring after the redbuds and dogwood start to bloom.

Cheers,

Steven

Old 07-20-2005, 10:52 AM
Sumtra99
Neutral
Please post when you're planning on riding the twisties. I'm in south Arkansas but I'd take a day or two off in order to enjoy the scenery up there. I may be able to talk the wife into coming along as well.

Nothing like seeing the locals faces as a long line of Minis whiz by.

Trae

Old 07-20-2005, 11:01 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sjarvis
We've got such awesome motoring roads here in the Ozarks (the Pig Trail as a "Tail of the Pig" mid-continent companion to the Dragon?), we should get together and run 'em together.
Oh I'll bet you have some awesome roads!!! Got a map location on that Pig Tail?? You know, a group from D/FW (and OK) motors up there each year...could be an event in the making?!?!?!

Old 10-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Sumtra99
Neutral
The Metorplex MINI group is trying to get together Nov 4th -6th in Fort Smith. They plan on doing some Pig Trail driving the 5th. Lets all help them out and make this an awesome event.

Old 10-18-2005, 10:44 PM
wildone3c
Coordinator :: Gulf South Motoring
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm almost sure we could get an event going there as an alt to the Dragon or in addition to the Dragon. I know our club would most likely be up for it. Espically those in North Louisiana! This looks promising. Keep me posted.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:47 AM
aj_the_first
Neutral
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am interested in more Mini stuff in Arkansas. I am from Russellville, AR, and I just bought an original 1.3i Sportpack Mini. I know HW7 from Russellville to Hot springs is awesome, or at least the Ola-Hotsprings part is. I also would recommed HW123 of off HW 7: north of Dover, Arkansas, near Pelsor.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:22 PM
WhiteFlash'08
Neutral
I live in Rogers. I have a R56 and i'm dying to go on some rally drives. Give me shout!!!

Old 01-29-2014, 10:03 AM
funlovin
Neutral
We would love to get with a local Fayetteville group...

Old 01-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 367 Likes on 311 Posts
You guys live in Arkansas and never heard of MITO or AMOK? MITO is a very well organized MINI rally, lots of fun and fantastic drives and you really want to make it for Galen's Elk Run. We never miss it.
Gregg Peterson is the head guru for MITO
http://www.ozarkmini.com/
http://www.motoringamok.com/index.php/en/

Old 01-30-2014, 08:38 AM
funlovin
Neutral
WELL.... we just got our Mini a couple weeks ago so thats why we havent heard of any of this. but doing a lot of research now, Mini owners sound fun and hope we can get in with a rowdy group

we are looking forward to the Eureka Springs trip, and will look up the Galen's Elk run for sure.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 367 Likes on 311 Posts
Y'all have got a lot to look forward to and when Gregg opens up registration to MITO, be sure to sign up for the Halloween party. Visit the MITO website and peruse the photo gallery. Also, Eastern OK has some fun roads and be sure to visit Miami OK and stop at the Coleman Theater for a tour and the 'Route 66 Vintage Iron' museum and lunch at Waylan's Ku-Ku Burger then head up to Baxter Springs to their Rt 66 museum and maybe meet the guy, Dean Walker, who inspired the Pixar people to make Tow Mater run backwards then up to Galena via Rainbow Bridge and actually meet Mater.