South East - Carolinas North and South Carolina

Haunted Sites for Halloween Rally - Very Long Post

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 09:13 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haunted Sites for Halloween Rally - Very Long Post

Anyone know of where any of these places or, or have heard of them? If you know where they are, can you give me directions??? I'm tempted to find the one in Wendell and try it out on Halloween...I'm a sucker for scaring myself silly! I'll do a second run if enough people wanna come out at midnight for the Wendell Bridge!

Raleigh - There is an old baby orphanage that was burned down by the woman that owned the place. They say you can hear the children crying and laughing on the swings that still stand charred and broken, and at the gate stands a man with a hood, something like the gatekeeper.

Raleigh - Old Bridge - At 12:00 midnight, if you cross this bridge in the middle of nowhere, your car cuts off. You can hear children screaming and after it fades, you can drive your car off the bridge. There will be handprints all over the car, also. You can't start your car again until the screams fade.

Durham - Cabe Lands Cemetery -Long abandoned cemetery about 200 yards off of the Cabe Lands Trail by the Eno River. Visitgrs to the site have reported hearing faint yet distinctive voices in the area. One couple reports, "My husband and I have visited the site several times and never heard voices, until our last visit when we both hear a definite voice. This time we went out there just after sunset. We definitely heard a man's voice and all we could make out were the words: noise, of about, miller, flags, and years. It was an amazing experience, but I would never go back there alone or after dark again."

Caswell County - - Prospect Hill - The Devil's Playground - There are creeks that form a triangle. Strange things happen such as hearing voices, sudden weather changes, hearing music, and strange shadows appear in the woods. No one has ever been able to spend the entire night there.

Chapel Hill - Dromgoole's Castle - There's a legend regarding this strange house not too far from the campus of The University of North Carolina. A man who was in love with a young woman discovered she was in love with a friend of his, so hey had a pistol duel at his house and he was mortally wounded. In his dying moments, he fell on a flat rock that is now stained with his blood to this very day. Student have reported his sad ghost agonizing cries from his fatal wound as well as his girlfriend who died not long after his untimely death.

Wendell - Morpheus Bridge - An old bridge down Morpheus Bridge Road in Wendell. It is said that in the 1940's a man drove off the bridge and him, his wife, and baby daughter were killed. If you park on the bridge at midnight on Halloween and turn off your engine and headlights his wife will appear in front of your car, searching for her child.size]

Troutman - Shinville graveyard - there is supposedly a witch buried in this graveyard. there have been numerous sightings of a woman standing among the tombstones and if you stop the car she will look toward you and then vanish.

Mount Pleasant - The Bleeding Tombstone - many years ago a little girl was brutally murdered by teeter bridge in mt. pleasant so her family buried her there at the bridge and put up a stone marker when it rains the stone bleeds

Mount Pleasant - Henkelite Cemetery - Cemetery for confederate soldiers. When you go to the cemetery at night, you will hear marching and gunfire. When you get to your car, it will not start.

Mount Pleasant - Teeters Bridge - on Miami Church rd there was a girl walking home late one Sunday night and a guy came out and raped her then threw her body under the bridge and the body was recovered a couple days later but the guy was never caught if u go to this bridge and you get out of your car and you be real quite you’ll either here screams of look in the field opposite the road and you will see a figure running in the field and if u leave skid marks on the bridge the marks will be white instead of black

Last edited by 1MiniGrl; 08-09-2004 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Tweety's Mom
3rd Gear
jeepers creepers!

You guys go ahead without me. Too scary for me. I'd rather deal with the aliens.

Old 08-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
Well I'll tell ya...I dunno where they are but if I am in the Carolinas in OCT...I am down for a good scare!...my Dads B-day is in OCT a few days before Halloween and he has a place in Greenville...so if I am there I'll contact you

thanks for the post that's awsome!!!

Old 08-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Trainman
5th Gear
Whoooeee! Those sound a little too spooky for me, too. I think I'll stick to viewing Christmas lights and blinding everyone in front of me with my DRL's!!

Old 08-09-2004, 10:38 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Originally Posted by Trainman
Whoooeee! Those sound a little too spooky for me, too. I think I'll stick to viewing Christmas lights and blinding everyone in front of me with my DRL's!!
Come on, it's Halloween and you are supposed to be spooked! BOO!!!! Guess I'm one of the few crazy ones here! Buwahahahahaha!!!!!

The question for you trainman, are you going to put christmas lights in your car???

Michelle

Old 08-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Tweety's Mom
3rd Gear
I got my adapter for Tweety's lights, but haven't been able to find anything suitable yet. Any ideas on where to look?
Hey Trainman! How about we plan on having a McMini Meet and go caroling in December?

Old 08-10-2004, 06:59 PM
Audioman
4th Gear
What do you think MINI Roadside Assistance will say when they get the call that all these MINIs won't start on halloween

I was getting spooked reading these, especially the one with the witch turning to look at you when you turn off your car.

This sounds like it is gonna be fun. It's reminding me of the Bloody Mary frights I had as a kid.

Old 08-10-2004, 07:13 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whoa....that's so eerie! Nice story-telling 1MiniGrl! Wish I could go......uh.......really......(well, maybe).

Old 08-11-2004, 05:18 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Originally Posted by Audioman
What do you think MINI Roadside Assistance will say when they get the call that all these MINIs won't start on halloween

I was getting spooked reading these, especially the one with the witch turning to look at you when you turn off your car.

This sounds like it is gonna be fun. It's reminding me of the Bloody Mary frights I had as a kid.
So you too did Bloody Mary!!!! Ha ha ha!!! You know, I can always take a huge mirror with me...oh wait, it may not fit in the MINI!

Roadside Assistance will just have to come out too, so their car won't start... Then we all will be in trouble!

Not sure where any of those are, but what I may do, is do a drive and either end up at a Cemetary, or find a haunted house to end up at...I do know some people who know where Dromgoole's Castle is...hmmmm....now there's an idea...this is the only place that I can actually get directions for! Oh wait, I know enough Goths....I'm sure one or at least a few of them have really good scary/haunted places to go with directions! Bwuahahahahaha!!!

Old 08-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Audioman
4th Gear
Now the maniacal laughter is starting to scare me.

Old 08-13-2004, 08:08 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Awesome news!! I found a site that has directions...I'm actually interested in the Cabe Lands Cemetery in Durham...trying to find that one...that wasn't listed on the web site with any directions! Maybe we could end up there! The only problem is, I may have to call ahead to some of these places to see if we can view them...the castle in Chapel Hill is out, some secret society runs it, and they hate visitors, or so I've been told! Maybe they run around the castle at night doing bloody mary in the mirror or other things to that nature!

The only thing that would be cooler would be my brother here doing special FX make-up, but he isn't! Although my brother and I are horror movie freaks, so it's probably a good thing that he isn't here...zombies and monsters would be coming out of the wood works, and behind tombstones and up from the ground....and people wonder why he's my twin!

Michelle

Old 08-13-2004, 08:19 AM
Peep
3rd Gear
those sound awesome !!!!!
i just might drive to NC just to do some of them -- anyone know od any in NJ/PA?

Old 08-13-2004, 08:28 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Awesome, we'd love to have you!

Old 08-13-2004, 12:43 PM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Date for Halloween Run

I've decided to do the run October 30! The run will start at dusk and end???? Prepared to be ascared!

Melindalou....got anymore of those MINI barf bags????