South East - Carolinas North and South Carolina

Greer, SC - Monthly MINI Socials

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 06:21 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greer, SC - Monthly MINI Socials

Come join us at our monthly MINI Social at Midtown Deli in Greenville, South Carolina.
The social is open to anyone that owns a MINI, will own a MINI or wants to own a MINI.
The primary focus of the MINI Social will be to meet new or perspective owners and veteran MINI owners and
share ideas and plans for future drives and events.
This will be an excellent way to meet fellow MINI enthusiasts and to learn more about our MINI's and local MINI groups.
Some of the veteran MINI owners might be surprised to learn a thing or two about their MINI at these socials.

Many new MINI owners I meet are not familiar with any of the events and gatherings we have
throughout the year and if nothing else you can always come for the great company and excellent food.

So if you know of anyone just buying a MINI or you already own a MINI I hope to see you at our next social coming the first Wednesday of every month.

The MINI Social takes place every month on the first Wednesday of the month at 7pm or 6pm for those that like to hang out in the parking lot prior to
going inside for some great food. There is plenty of indoor and outdoor seating for everyone.

For more info on Midtown Deli click on name.
For Google Map directions click on the address below.

The address is:
3935-A Pelham Road
Greenville, SC 29615

Special NOTE: As some of you may have noticed the location for the monthly MINI Social has
changed from 5 Guys Burgers & Fries to Midtown Deli.
Midtown Deli is located in the same shopping center as 5 Guys.
The change comes because Midtown Deli is willing to work with our group and offers a discount
to the entire group along with a more diverse menu and better parking and outside seating.

Last edited by cabriopilot; 02-15-2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Updating restaurant info.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:13 AM
geekswrath
5th Gear
Great idea! Had a lot of fun last time. This really should be a great way to introduce people to mini's. Sometimes when you tell them you are in a club they get . . . ideas. But a burger social, well everyone likes burgers, right?

Old 07-24-2008, 07:15 AM
wbarnhill
Coordinator :: Upstate MINIs
Nicely done! I note you put the one probably closest to your home. Guess Dilligad doesn't get to motor..

Old 07-24-2008, 07:37 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wbarnhill
Nicely done! I note you put the one probably closest to your home. Guess Dilligad doesn't get to motor..
Actually I would love to find a Sonic Burger like the one they have in Charlotte, it has an indoor eating area as well as the outdoor.
This would come in handy for the winter months but I don't want to drive all the way to Charlotte.
If anyone spots a indoor/outdoor Sonic Burger in the Greenville/Spartanburg area let me know.

I was actually thinking about using a different Sonic for each meet but I felt that would be to
confusing to keep up with if you were out for a drive and decided on a spur of the moment to stop in.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:50 AM
wbarnhill
Originally Posted by cabriopilot
Actually I would love to find a Sonic Burger like the one they have in Charlotte, it has an indoor eating area as well as the outdoor.
This would come in handy for the winter months but I don't want to drive all the way to Charlotte.
If anyone spots a indoor/outdoor Sonic Burger in the Greenville/Spartanburg area let me know.

I was actually thinking about using a different Sonic for each meet but I felt that would be to
confusing to keep up with if you were out for a drive and decided on a spur of the moment to stop in.
Quite true. So the first social will be August 6 then? Have you considered giving some cards to Century to hand out to new buyers, or do you think they'd even give us the time of day?

Old 07-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Roneboy
2nd Gear
Great idea Cabriopilot.I'll be there.This way we all can get to know not only are cars but everyone else better.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:35 AM
BLUCOOPR
6th Gear
I will be in Colordado for the 1st one, but hope to make others. I like the Greer area and its not a long drive but just a good one! I like to come down the backroads if not in a hurry. Luke

Old 08-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Roneboy
2nd Gear
Bump for the Mini social this Wed.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:34 AM
geekswrath
5th Gear
I knew I was looking forward to something this week.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 AM
wbarnhill
Reminder!

The MINI Social for August will be taking place tomorrow, August 6, 2008 at 7PM!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...07&postcount=1

See you there!

Old 08-05-2008, 02:24 PM
ARTSJCW
6th Gear
Why do I always have to work????

Old 08-06-2008, 08:01 AM
mellotron
3rd Gear
Looking forward to tonite!

Didn't want to start a topic just for this, so look what we did this past weekend:

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...CK000048&po=48
Looks like he's on a roller coaster ride, doesn't he?

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...0CL000008&po=8
rare instance of rear fog light usage - the morning mist looked really cool.

Can't wait till next time we go back! That is if I get to drive my own MINI...Rita is jealous she didn't get to go this time. The only problem with being a 2-MINI family is that they fight over the road-trips, unless of course we can take them both!

Old 08-06-2008, 08:14 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ARTSJCW
Why do I always have to work????
You work because you love your job...
I on the other hand use all my sick days, vacation days and holidays to get away from work and be with my MINI as much as possible...

Old 08-06-2008, 08:17 AM
wbarnhill
Originally Posted by mellotron
Looking forward to tonite!

Didn't want to start a topic just for this, so look what we did this past weekend:

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...CK000048&po=48
Looks like he's on a roller coaster ride, doesn't he?

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...0CL000008&po=8
rare instance of rear fog light usage - the morning mist looked really cool.

Can't wait till next time we go back! That is if I get to drive my own MINI...Rita is jealous she didn't get to go this time. The only problem with being a 2-MINI family is that they fight over the road-trips, unless of course we can take them both!

OOOOH, YOU WENT OVER TEH WHITE LINE!!!

I can't wait to take Siva to the Dragon. We'll have to plan a mini MINI trip at some point...

Old 08-06-2008, 08:22 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Update: I just got word this morning that members of the group formally known as the "Upstate Miniacs" will be joining us today at Sonic for our first MINI Social.

Sonic is located on Buncombe Road just off Wade-Hampton (29) in Greer, SC.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Roneboy
2nd Gear
Update: I just got word this morning that members of the group formally known as the "Upstate Miniacs" will be joining us today at Sonic for our first MINI Social.

Sonic is located on Buncombe Road just off Wade-Hampton (29) in Greer, SC.
COOL

Old 08-07-2008, 05:50 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Wow!
I would personally like to thank everyone that made it out to our first MINI Social.
It was really nice seeing some old faces and meeting some new ones.
I was really surprised by the large turnout, I wasn't expecting more than 5 or 6 MINI's to show up and next thing I know we are taking over the parking lot at Sonic.

I'm sorry that I have no pictures to post but my camera has decided to die on me so I guess I'll have to go out and spend some money on a new one.

Next month the location will change to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries off I-85 and Pelham Road at 7pm.

If you have never been to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries you're in for a real treat.
Just beware that large fries means more than you can eat at 5 Guys.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:17 AM
wbarnhill
Thanks for the idea, we had a blast! Liz did get a little turned around on the way home, so we had to meet up at a place we both knew... DDMWorks! Surprisingly, Dave was just leaving the shop... We eventually made it home around 11:30.

Can't wait for next month!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:06 AM
mellotron
3rd Gear
Thanks for the idea, we did indeed have lots of MINIs show up!

Next month the location will change to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries off I-85 and Pelham Road at 7pm.
I loves me some 5 Guys fries, but would feel bad if anyone shows up at Sonic next month. If you think that might happen, perhaps I could go to the Sonic first to see if any MINIs show up, since we live so close to it.

Did anyone get an email or phone number for Mark and Mary? (the couple with the new Clubman)

Old 08-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Texas Betty
1st Gear
Bill got their e-mail address. I private messaged it to you.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
I loves me some 5 Guys fries, but would feel bad if anyone shows up at Sonic next month.
If you think that might happen, perhaps I could go to the Sonic first to see if any MINIs show up, since we live so close to it.
I thought about that and figured that since Mark and Mary were the only ones to respond to the cards that it would be a slim chance of anyone else showing up there.
The cards I handed out also included an email address for additional information.
Since the idea is to pretty much use a couple of different locations throughout the year as the NEW cards (that have the time on them) will indicate.
I hope that those truly interested will attempt to contact us.
The manager understands that we will use a couple of different locations and he said he would help to redirect any lost MINI's.
Did anyone get an email or phone number for Mark and Mary? (the couple with the new Clubman)
They gave me their business card so that we could keep them advised of any events or changes.
They do not participate on the NAM boards so email or phone is the only way of keeping them updated.

OFF TOPIC: Is anyone else having major problems with the NAM site?
ie, extremely slow load times, duplicate email notifications.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:42 PM
mellotron
3rd Gear
cabriopilot,

I figured you must have had it all worked out, just sayin' I don't mind stopping by Sonic if that would help. Any excuse to parade Jack around you know - I'll miss our MINIs during Labor Day weekend!

As for NAM, it was unavailable early this morning. We haven't noticed any problems the rest of the day, though.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Trainman
5th Gear
Dang it. Had to go to Columbia Wednesday for my stepson's graduation from basic training, and I have something else going on the first Wednesday in September all ready.... Guess y'all won't see me until October..

Old 08-12-2008, 05:06 PM
KCinBR
3rd Gear
Hey Yall ......got room for one more?

Mind if I drop in for the next meeting?

only down side is my mini wont be here untill sometime later in Sep. so I might have to show up in an old 911

Later................KC in Greer

Old 08-12-2008, 05:29 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by KCinBR
Hey Yall ......got room for one more?
Mind if I drop in for the next meeting?
Later................KC in Greer
The more the better I always say..
Bring whatever wheels you want.

Our last meet at Sonic was a great turnout and this next meet should be even better since I'm tagging more MINI's everyday.

Just remember that the month of September we will meet at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries off I-85 and Pelham Road at 7pm or 6ish if you like showing up early like me.

Update: If you're interested we are planning on presenting a What you didn't know about your MINI trivia.
So if you think you know something that others may not this will be the perfect time to impress your fellow MINI owners.

Last edited by cabriopilot; 08-15-2008 at 02:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Greer, SC - Monthly MINI Socials