Sota MINIs The Sota MINIs (Minnesota) club forum.

Motorwerks Good or Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 07:04 PM
sweettaya
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motorwerks Good or Bad?

I am looking into purchasing a MINI. Will be shortly but am wondering what peoples experience with Motorwerks MINI has been . I have heard some not so good things about Motorwerks BMW. I have had great luck with my Motoring Advisor but not the best with the finance manager. I have found a 2005 Cooper S hyper blue at Walser Nissan for 21,500. It has only 18,000 miles and I am wondering what your guys and gals thoughts are on that price and your experiences with Motorwerks have been!
Looking forward to your expert opinons!
Thanks

Old 04-02-2007, 06:41 AM
sranderle
3rd Gear
I bought mine used from a private dealer. About the same as the one you mentioned. So, I have no experience with Motorworks other than a couple of service visits.

Based on the service visits, I've been happily impressed. However, they just had their MINI service advisor leave, and are looking for a new one.

Still, I've had no complaints.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:56 AM
sweettaya
1st Gear
good to hear thank you for your feedback!

Old 04-13-2007, 06:05 PM
MrVvrroomm
3rd Gear
My wife's '07 MCS came from Motorwerks. Overall we're satisfied with our Mini experience thus far. We had a couple of delivery issues that they took care of.

Talk to Charlie in sales, he used to be a service writer at Motorwerks. He's owned several Minis and actually races his. He knows his stuff.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:48 AM
sweettaya
1st Gear
Thanks I ended up buying a used 05 Cooper S hyper Blue from Walzer Mazda. Gretchen is an awesome Motoring Advisor did so much for me felt bad that I didnt buy from her but the 05 was just too good to be true... Thanks for your feedback

Old 04-22-2007, 08:55 AM
jdonaldlukas
3rd Gear
For the record, I had a disgusting experience trying to buy my cooper from Motorwerks. I was looking for a used mini and I dealt with a guy named Scott who was an absolute jerk. He was nobody I'd give my money to. I ended up getting mine from Morries instead. FWIW.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:22 AM
cristo
Alliance Member
Received 203 Likes on 167 Posts
I like their online parts department, as I can get prices, order, or email
with questions 24-7. (I'm in York, PA).
My local dealer doesn't usually return email questions, and calling them usually
results in a phone tag frenzy, and they're 40 miles away.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:10 PM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
Motorwerks is great!

Old 10-04-2007, 02:58 PM
AutoCoarsen
3rd Gear
Received 116 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by cristo
I like their online parts department, as I can get prices, order, or email
with questions 24-7. (I'm in York, PA).
My local dealer doesn't usually return email questions, and calling them usually
results in a phone tag frenzy, and they're 40 miles away.
I'd suggest TischerBMW for parts. www.tischerbmw.net

I live a couple miles from Motorwerks and have found their parts prices to be THE worst ANYWHERE. That's BMW parts, but I'd assume MINI parts are the same story. I absolutely refuse to buy any part from Motorwerks ever again.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:10 PM
sweettaya
1st Gear
I have been very happy with everyone as far as service at Motorwerks. I did not buy my car from there but have been nothing but pleased with everyon i have come in contact with there at Motorwerks. Everyone from the greeters to the service advisors and the shuttle drivers. All are wonderful!

Old 11-28-2007, 10:02 AM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
just went and picked up a couple parts and the parts associates were very pleasant. i really like motorwerks! ; )

Old 01-02-2008, 07:14 AM
AmyJ1211
Neutral
I ordered a new 2006 MC from Gretchen while Motorwerks Mini was still in their Southdale Mall location. I've never had so much fun ordering a vehicle, it was the easiest and most pleasant car purchase I've ever made.

Gretchen pulled out all the stops to get my car delivered ON MY BIRTHDAY! This happened during the relocation of the entire Mini dealership to their new home in Bloomington. She had the car covered with one of those zipper car covers and I got to "unveil" the car.

As for service, I've been to Motorwerks for two oil changes and I'm treated with the same courtesy and respect as the BMW owners. No complaints. On my first visit, the body shop even buffed some scratches out of the paint for no charge.

Now, the Parts department is another matter. They never returned the email I sent them to request information on an Aero Kit Spoiler. When I called to enquire about the part, I was told it could be ordered, but the price quoted was straight MSRP. When told that Crevier Mini in California and Morristown Mini in New Jersey were both listing a much lower price, the response was "There's no way we can meet that price". End of discussion. Didn't even make an attempt to get my business. Grrrrrrr.

So far, my vote is:
Sales and service =
Parts =

Old 01-15-2008, 02:56 PM
invictaZ3
Neutral
Motorwerks 50/50

I have my Z3 serviced at motorwerks, and just bought a MCS from there. Charlie in Mini sales is the best person to talk to. For service, I have always been totally satisfiied, as for sales, I would say about half of them are jerks, but I will continue to use them for service instead of Orr, other than to get my new alta pulley put in