Sota MINIs The Sota MINIs (Minnesota) club forum.

Newbie in Minnesota - looking for a club ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 12:47 PM
MiniCooperFan
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie in Minnesota - looking for a club ???

Newbie in Minnesota - looking for a club ??? - New to the Mini - order has been placed, just waiting for arrival... probably 3 - 4 months out. Any one know of a club in Minnesota that gets together ??

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-08-2004, 02:41 PM
satay-ayam
5th Gear
How about the Minnesota Autosports Club? http://www.mnautox.com

Old 09-09-2004, 07:17 AM
MiniCooperFan
Neutral
Rochester, MN

Originally Posted by satay-ayam
How about the Minnesota Autosports Club? http://www.mnautox.com
I was looking for something more directed specificly at the Mini... you're in Rochester, MN though - as am I... :smile: There has to be something local that we can join/start for fellow mini owners...

Old 09-09-2004, 07:22 AM
Casey
5th Gear
Wow - Two Rochester folks on NAM! Cool! I lived there about a year ago...was working at IBM but moved to Texas to get away from the winters Anyhow just wanted to say hi!

Old 09-09-2004, 07:31 AM
Trippy
Banned
I'm in Plymouth with an 02/02 build MINI Cooper 5-speed.

There is a group at MPLS MINI that has fun-runs once in a while.

I suggest joining the group.

How about you two get together a fall leaf-run down to lake Pepin?

It looks like August 11 is a meeting of some sort Yahoo message
And October 9 scavenger hunt. Yahoo message

You may have to joun Yahoo-Groups to read these messages. I'm not sure.

Old 09-09-2004, 07:37 AM
MiniCooperFan
Neutral
Originally Posted by Casey
Wow - Two Rochester folks on NAM! Cool! I lived there about a year ago...was working at IBM but moved to Texas to get away from the winters Anyhow just wanted to say hi!
I'm a Big Bluer too... it's a small world after all...

Trippy... I'll sign up and join the group - would love to do a fall run down/around Lake Pepin area... HWY 60 is always a GREAT ride through the bluffs...! We could meet up in like Hastings or something and go from there.

Old 09-09-2004, 07:45 AM
Casey
5th Gear
Where at big blue did you work? I worked in the WebSphere Enterprise area - Building 20 and 15 mostly. Had a dark silver MCS and a black/white MCS while I was up there that got parked in the lots there. Father-In-Law works in the drive group there that has since been purchased by Hitachi. Certianly is a small world.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:10 AM
MiniCooperFan
Neutral
Originally Posted by Casey
Where at big blue did you work? I worked in the WebSphere Enterprise area - Building 20 and 15 mostly. Had a dark silver MCS and a black/white MCS while I was up there that got parked in the lots there. Father-In-Law works in the drive group there that has since been purchased by Hitachi. Certianly is a small world.
I'm part of the local I/T Organization and also work in Building 20... I'm not in position of my mini yet... but the order has been placed and am expecting an early November arrival... I HOPE anyways!!! :smile: I'm very familiar with the Hitachi purchase - I worked directly on part of the transition. I can understand wanting to move to Texas after the winters up here --> but don't know that I could deal with the summers down there.. maybe I should split the difference and move to Nebraska...

Old 09-09-2004, 03:15 PM
satay-ayam
5th Gear
I'm in building 50

I have an indi blue / white Mini Cooper that is parked out there sometimes. We usually drive our Civic to work, though. The Mini is the autocross toy

Old 09-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Jimbob
2nd Gear
This is great!

My wife and I live downtown Minneapolis....although I spent a half century in the northern woods ( let's say roughly between Grand Rapids and International Falls). We purchased our Mini Feb. '03 from Motorwerks. I see Minis sitting at Dunn Bros. on 3rd Ave. and 2nd all the time. We love ours, just returned last week from a 3000 mile trip to Glacier Nat'l. Park and back. The Mini is the perfect car for the Going-To-The-Sun-Road. Would be nice to meet up with other Mini owners in southern Mn.

Jimbob

Old 09-13-2004, 12:01 PM
MiniCooperFan
Neutral
I'm in building 50

I have an indi blue / white Mini Cooper that is parked out there sometimes. We usually drive our Civic to work, though. The Mini is the autocross toy
World is getting smaller and smaller... I see a White/White MC that's outside of 50 all the time... haven't seen your blue one yet, but I'll keep an eye out.

Old 09-17-2004, 10:47 AM
adame
Coordinator :: MINIsota Motoring Society (MMS)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I should spend more time here!

Originally Posted by MiniCooperFan
Newbie in Minnesota - looking for a club ??? - New to the Mini - order has been placed, just waiting for arrival... probably 3 - 4 months out. Any one know of a club in Minnesota that gets together ??

Thanks in advance!
I apologize for not posting here! My name is Adam Emanoff and there IS a club in MPLS. MINIsota Motoring Society. We don't have a site as of yet, just a Yahoo! group. There are several member who are also members of MAC, which someone posted, who go to their AX events. We have our own events - fun runs, drive-in movies, stuff with the classic Mini group, etc.

Trippy found some things going on in the next couple of weeks - thanks!

There is also a launch party tomorrow night for the convertable:

Date:Saturday September 18, 2004Time:4:00 pm - 7:00 pmAuthor:frozenquestType:Club Event Reminder:There are reminders set for 3 hours and 2 days before this event.Location:
Fleming Field Airport
1725 Henry Avenue

South St. Paul
Hanger 3

I'll be driving the Hot Orange MINI to the event

And a BBQ/Scavenger Hunt on the 9th:
http://myyahoo.evite.com/pages/gt/ev...DVQWNTWQJDDEMO

I'll try to keep this updated now

I look forward to meeting you!

Adam

Old 09-17-2004, 02:24 PM
satay-ayam
5th Gear
hey MiniCooperFan, my car is out there today :smile:

you can look me up in blue pages if ya want, roger booth. what are you doing September 26th? You should come up to the MAC autocross in the cities. You will probably be assimilated, since I can't stand the thought of someone buying a Mini and *not* autocrossing it There is an autocross in Winona on Oct 10th, I think, if the cities is too far for ya.

Old 09-21-2004, 08:55 AM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Hey guys I'm also a Minnesota person here. specifically in Minneapolis going to Augsburg College. I'm dying to get a club together with regular activities planned. I haven't been able to do much as of yet because I just moved in and at the end of October I'm going down to the dragon with my buddies from Michigan. Let me Know if you guys want to start a webpage instead of a Yahoo chat group. for an example of a webpage visit michiganmini.com and you'll get ideas.. Just let me know

BTW my mini is a LY/LY MC CVT with 2000 watt stereo, Black Bonnet stripes, K&N Colad air Intake, Milltek Header, Helix 13 exhaust, Schrik Cam.

Old 09-21-2004, 09:22 AM
adame
Nice to meet you!

Sounds like a cool MC you got there. Very nice.
You say you're going down to the Dragon?! I've never been.

Were you at the convertible launch party we just had in St. Paul? I was there running around in the Kemps Cow Suit

I remember seeing a LY cooper with an amp or something in the back - sorry - boot. Was that yours?

I'd love it if we had a web page.

Old 09-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Yes the one with the amp in the boot was mine. it was very dirty for it to be on display. So thats who the cow was? :smile: Well it is finally nice to meet some more of you guys now. Want to arrange a meeting on the weekend? we could discuss many things to come. If you guys would like I could caravan down there and have a blast. there is a thread on Michiganmini.com under club meets in the Fall of the Dragon II so check it out!

Old 09-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Info on AutoX?

hey MiniCooperFan, my car is out there today :smile:

you can look me up in blue pages if ya want, roger booth. what are you doing September 26th? You should come up to the MAC autocross in the cities. You will probably be assimilated, since I can't stand the thought of someone buying a Mini and *not* autocrossing it There is an autocross in Winona on Oct 10th, I think, if the cities is too far for ya.
Hey I want more info on the AutoX on the 26, I need to get back in the game.

Old 09-21-2004, 01:40 PM
adame
ha haa!!

yeah - that was me....
This weekend is pretty packed for me already, but we should for sure meet some time. I'm excited to see the info on The Dragon.

If you can, make it to the scavenger hunt on 10/9. With all your mods, you should be able to beat a couple people

Originally Posted by Maximusmini
Yes the one with the amp in the boot was mine. it was very dirty for it to be on display. So thats who the cow was? :smile: Well it is finally nice to meet some more of you guys now. Want to arrange a meeting on the weekend? we could discuss many things to come. If you guys would like I could caravan down there and have a blast. there is a thread on Michiganmini.com under club meets in the Fall of the Dragon II so check it out!

Old 09-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Where is the scavenger hunt? Never heard it or saw anything. I'm new here

Old 09-21-2004, 09:38 PM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
A couple adam? Are you insane? There are things about me that all of you ought to learn! I drive hard, not be the wimpy one in traffic. although whenever someone is waiting to pull into the lane, I let them.

Old 09-22-2004, 04:57 AM
satay-ayam
5th Gear
Hey I want more info on the AutoX on the 26, I need to get back in the game.
There is some info here: http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...62891516191587 including a link to preregister online.

You can also find some info at the MAC webpage, http://www.mnautox.com

By the way, I just moved from MI to MN in January. Prepare to freeze your butt off! I grew up in MI, I've been through some winters, but I was completely taken by suprise at how cold it is here. Not very much snow by MI standards, but COLD as HECK.

Come on out to the autocross. Midway is a small lot, but it's still fun. If you used to run with the Detroit SCCA or SVR SCCA, you probably won't be too impressed, but it's just about as big as anything WMR or the DCSCC ever used.

Old 09-22-2004, 05:34 AM
adame
A couple adam? Are you insane? There are things about me that all of you ought to learn! I drive hard, not be the wimpy one in traffic. although whenever someone is waiting to pull into the lane, I let them.
Awesome!

Here's the BBQ/Scavenger hunt info:
http://myyahoo.evite.com/pages/gt/e...RDVQWNTWQJDDEMO

Old 09-22-2004, 06:04 AM
Trippy
Banned
By the way, I just moved from MI to MN in January. Prepare to freeze your butt off! I grew up in MI, I've been through some winters, but I was completely taken by suprise at how cold it is here. Not very much snow by MI standards, but COLD as HECK.
Mmmmmm I love seat heaters when it's

Old 09-22-2004, 06:06 AM
adame
Originally Posted by Trippy
Mmmmmm I love seat heaters when it's
Wusses! Try living in Duluth. -25 is warm. I remember walking to school with a windchill about -25!

Hmmm - maybe that explains a couple things......

Old 09-22-2004, 12:43 PM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
I've gotten a taste of cold MN weather, I visited in January and the weather was well below that recorded, and yes I do have heat seaters hence I lived in Michigan my whole life. hmm Worried more about the snow, anyone have a garage space available for me to park my mini in the winter, I just got the LAST parking permit here and it's a city one.

Quick Reply: Newbie in Minnesota - looking for a club ???