Sierra Nevada Mini Coopers A Mini club serving Northern Nevada and the California sierra crest counties of Eldorado, Nevada, and Placer

Detailing discovery!(You won't believe it)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 06:40 PM
gizzer777
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detailing discovery!(You won't believe it)

While searching the net for a reasonably priced scratch remover for my older Ipod, I found the following that some guy swore by.

Believe it or not ....KIT Scratch out (swirl marks remover and plastic cleaner)! I have not used a KIT product in years and considered them inferior and real junk.

Well, what the heck, I bought some at Walmart for $1.99! The Ipod was looking rather shabby.

It did such a great job removing almost all the surface scratches on the 3 yr old Ipod, (really soft plastic) I then cautiously eyeballed a spot on my Mini where even the Mequires 3 step process had failed to remove the imperfections...IT WORKED ON THAT TOO!

Now I had to see more, so I tried it on the plastic lens of my Honda Speedometer...it took those hairline scratches out of there too!

So it was on to the Mini, where I proceeded to cleanup those "uncleanable areas" Cubana waxing afterwards of course.

That stuff even took the few hairline scratches out of the lens on my mini Tach! AMAZING! (and not abrasive either)

So while the group was visiting the Hornet...I was slaving. Used it on the Mini headlights, tailights etc...what a difference it made!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (even though most of you will be suspicious...I was...A KIT PRODUCT ON MY MINI!??

For $2, get some and try it on your "other auto" if you have one or something else soft plastic...FABULOUS!!!!

JEFF