MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: 2003 Mini Cooper S (with mods/stock parts included) *Price Negotiable*

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 03:32 PM
jown.iv
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mini Cooper S *CLEAN/LOW MILES*

Year: 2003
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $4200
Mileage: 86500
Color: British Racing Green
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5970693373.html

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
craiglist listing above

WELL KEPT. Oil changed 3K-4K miles.
Transmission fluid, fuel filter, and coolant serviced within 2 years.
NEVER DRIVEN IN SNOW.
NON-SMOKER INTERIOR.
Will remove decals if requested, and detail. More photos available.

UPGRADED aftermarket parts (all 1-3 years old):
Air Intake, Header, Exhaust, Fuel Injectors, Coil Pack, Spark Plugs/Wires, Oil Catch, Water/Meth Injection, Coolant Reservoir, Aerogel Heatshield, Supercharger Pulley, Crank Pulley, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, Rear Control Arms, Wheels/Tires, Cabrio Braces, Polyurethane Bushings/Mounts, Stereo, Speakers, Boost Gauge, Window Tints, ECU Scanner, & Dyno RMW Tuned @ Helix Motorsports

(Full list of parts, prices, dates, and appoximate mileage installed available)

*Many stock parts will come with the vehicle, along with a brand new short shifter not installed yet**

Car does not have:
Antenna Assembly (only for AM/FM radio)
Front Lip (cosmetic)
Passenger Side Fog Light Bulb

Read more at http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5970693373.html

Attached Thumbnails 2003 Mini Cooper S (with mods/stock parts included) *Price Negotiable*-snapchat-8460132633596237175.jpg   2003 Mini Cooper S (with mods/stock parts included) *Price Negotiable*-rear2.png   2003 Mini Cooper S (with mods/stock parts included) *Price Negotiable*-snapchat-1827640412615178677.jpg   2003 Mini Cooper S (with mods/stock parts included) *Price Negotiable*-front1.png   2003 Mini Cooper S (with mods/stock parts included) *Price Negotiable*-mileage1.png  

2003 Mini Cooper S (with mods/stock parts included) *Price Negotiable*-snapchat-82986431466008046.jpg   2003 Mini Cooper S (with mods/stock parts included) *Price Negotiable*-snapchat-2737981663558197669.jpg   2003 Mini Cooper S (with mods/stock parts included) *Price Negotiable*-snapchat-5890712314839110641.jpg   2003 Mini Cooper S (with mods/stock parts included) *Price Negotiable*-snapchat-7221976240509406000.jpg   2003 Mini Cooper S (with mods/stock parts included) *Price Negotiable*-snapchat-5567605460297483551.jpg  

Last edited by jown.iv; 02-09-2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:07 AM
jown.iv
4th Gear
bump

Old 08-09-2016, 06:22 AM
jown.iv
4th Gear
bump (price drop)

Old 08-23-2016, 08:36 AM
bwoznik
1st Gear
still available?

Old 08-25-2016, 08:30 PM
jown.iv
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bwoznik
still available?
yes it's still a available. located in CT.

Old 09-10-2016, 08:38 AM
jown.iv
4th Gear
bump *price drop*

Old 10-11-2016, 12:47 PM
jown.iv
4th Gear
*price drop bump*

Old 10-12-2016, 04:20 PM
rdzaneka@gmail.com
Neutral
I like this a lot.. Just don't know about the before winter sale timing and really wanted an 05-06

Old 10-13-2016, 06:54 AM
jown.iv
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rdzaneka@gmail.com
I like this a lot.. Just don't know about the before winter sale timing and really wanted an 05-06
That's understandable. It has been up for sale for a few months now. I was definitely aiming to sell it during the summer. Is there any particular reason you were looking into an 05-06?

My situation is this: I would love to keep it, and I am really only selling it to help pay off college debt. So, I'm not in a huge rush to make the sale, but, also won't let it sit forever. Basically I'm willing to work with anyone interested, without any rush or pressure, to figure out a deal that works for both of us.

If you have any other questions or anything, feel free. I'll do my best to get back to you quickly.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:54 PM
austin5
1st Gear
mistake double post

Last edited by austin5; 10-17-2016 at 02:21 PM. Reason: double post
Old 10-15-2016, 04:18 PM
austin5
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jown.iv
That's understandable. It has been up for sale for a few months now. I was definitely aiming to sell it during the summer. Is there any particular reason you were looking into an 05-06?

My situation is this: I would love to keep it, and I am really only selling it to help pay off college debt. So, I'm not in a huge rush to make the sale, but, also won't let it sit forever. Basically I'm willing to work with anyone interested, without any rush or pressure, to figure out a deal that works for both of us.

If you have any other questions or anything, feel free. I'll do my best to get back to you quickly.
Same person as above, oops didn't want my email shown to everyone.

I want an 05-6 simply because it is newer and has some issues fixed that were common; I also like little things that don't matter like the steering wheel, more.

The price seems high for an 03, I like your mods that you have and have to look into some, they are intriguing. Maybe if everything was great condition I would pull the trigger, but I don't want to deal with issues either right away.

I also would be garaging over winter, and that's going to cost me right away too.

Is this a one owner car?

Last edited by austin5; 10-15-2016 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:16 AM
rdzaneka@gmail.com
Neutral
accident double post

Last edited by rdzaneka@gmail.com; 10-17-2016 at 02:30 PM. Reason: double post
Old 10-17-2016, 09:02 AM
jown.iv
4th Gear
Smile

Originally Posted by austin5
Same person here, did not mean to post with my email.

So I've wanted a mini for the last 5 years and decided I would finally pull the plug and have been looking all summer- missed out of deals that I'm still upset about and not sure how I've missed this one-

I love how your mods cover most things I would plan to do to my mini- And also am looking into a couple you have that I never considered- like water injection.

I was thinking 05/06 models because of reliability vs. some problems I read about with other r53 years. It's just those couple of years newer that do seem to help-

Regarding the timing,
I don't really want to pay for winter garage storage right away, and I also don't really want to deal with issues right off the bat. I'd have to drive 5 hours to you- and don't want a break down on the way home.

Same person as above, oops didn't want my email shown to everyone.

I want an 05-6 simply because it is newer and has some issues fixed that were common; I also like little things that don't matter like the steering wheel, more.

The price seems high for an 03, I like your mods that you have and have to look into some, they are intriguing. Maybe if everything was great condition I would pull the trigger, but I don't want to deal with issues either right away.

I also would be garaging over winter, and that's going to cost me right away too.

Is this a one owner car?
That makes sense. I know there were some minor differences between the 02-03, the 03-04, and the 05-06, but I think for the most part they are the same. I forget what the exact changes were, but when I get chance I may look into that more.

As far as the winter garaging, I'm not in a huge rush to make the sale. Of course, the sooner the better, but if you're really interested, I'd definitely be willing to work with you on anything you have concerns about. The breaking down I don't think would be an issue, as I am still driving the car daily on short commutes to school/work. Currently there is nothing wrong with it mechanically. It runs and drives perfectly. The components that need attention are emissions related (evap purge valve, catalytic converter) and cosmetic (fog light, front bumper lip). All that means is it's going to be a little loud from the exhaust at the worst. Having said that, again if you're seriously interested, I could look into getting those emissions related issues fixed before making the sale. I'm not sure if I mentioned, but basically I would love to keep the car, but I also have a truck, and I am paying off college debt. So if I did the repairs, my real want would be to just take it off the registration and garage it until I've caught up in other areas, but felt it might be best to pass it on.

You also mentioned the price being a bit high for an 03. It's hard to say. I know if you go on KBB it will tell you for an excellent condition 03 with the same mileage, it will come up at a lower price. I also know that aftermarket performance parts don't heavily increase the value of a vehicle. Having said that though, the miles are low, being at only 85,000 for a car that's in good condition and almost 14 years old. In regards to the parts, I've put right around $6000 worth of brand new performance parts into it (not including labor), all of which have maybe 15,000 miles on them at most (and I have the receipts as well). Then of course I take into consideration that it does need a little work. After putting all of those elements together, I just feel that $5500 is fair, and anything less than $5000 I would just be cheating myself. The car as far as I know is a two-owner, me being the 2nd. I purchased it (still stock) from a dealership at 65,000 miles, for $12,500 after it had been traded in by the first owner. So all said and done, basically I am about $18,000 in, with a lot of new parts, and put only 20,000 miles never in the snow/salt in attempt to keep it clean from rust. So that's why I'm at the price point I'm at.

I appreciate your interest though, and any other questions you have, please feel free. I'm pretty easy going, always straightforward and honest, and willing to work with people on their concerns. I never liked the pushy dealership salesmen so I try to treat people how I would like to be when shopping for a new vehicle.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:28 PM
austin5
1st Gear
oops, had errors when posting all those - it seems they all showed up at once- apologies.

I'm definitely interested, but will just have to think for a bit, and might consider waiting for something else to come up. Do you know where the car was from before- Did they winter drive it? Can you send me the VIN - rdzaneka@gmail

Old 10-17-2016, 07:13 PM
jown.iv
4th Gear
oops, had errors when posting all those - it seems they all showed up at once- apologies.

I'm definitely interested, but will just have to think for a bit, and might consider waiting for something else to come up. Do you know where the car was from before- Did they winter drive it? Can you send me the VIN - rdzaneka@gmail
VIN: WMWRE33483TD72357

I am unsure about the previous owners.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:07 PM
austin5
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jown.iv
VIN: WMWRE33483TD72357

I am unsure about the previous owners.
Car fax seems o k, been in CT though so probably has seen winters. It's just with the catalytic converter and other issues I don't think we are close on the price :( without those issues we would be close.

My concern is now rust or any sign of bubbling - under weatherstripping on the door frames, hood latch, under the car, beneath the rear door, or by the lights

I hate to ask so many questions but there's lots of things that are unknown and needed. I am still definitely interested but don't want to go look if it's not what it seems.

Last edited by austin5; 10-19-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:43 AM
jown.iv
4th Gear
Car fax seems o k, been in CT though so probably has seen winters. It's just with the catalytic converter and other issues I don't think we are close on the price :( without those issues we would be close.

My concern is now rust or any sign of bubbling - under weatherstripping on the door frames, hood latch, under the car, beneath the rear door, or by the lights

I hate to ask so many questions but there's lots of things that are unknown and needed. I am still definitely interested but don't want to go look if it's not what it seems.
No worries. That's actually a good idea I had not thought of. When trying having something up for sale outside of the local area, it would be smart to take more pictures than needed. I'll have to see about getting it up on a lift so I can snap some photos of underneath. As far as I know, it's pretty clean under there.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:59 AM
jown.iv
4th Gear
*bump* pending interest

Old 11-04-2016, 05:14 PM
howardholton
1st Gear
I'm interested. Also interested in any rust issues, shock tower mushrooming, etc.

How much are the emissions pieces?

Old 11-05-2016, 07:18 AM
jown.iv
4th Gear
Originally Posted by howardholton
I'm interested. Also interested in any rust issues, shock tower mushrooming, etc.

How much are the emissions pieces?
I took some steps a couple years ago to combat any shock tower mushrooming. I fitted them with the metal pieces that go under the tower (on top of the strut mount) as well as the craven speed tower defenders which are bolted on top. To my knowledge that is the best preventative maintenance, and fix to any previous changes to the towers, so I would say they are in good shape.

There is no rust on the outer body or in the door jams, etc. I don't have any good photos of the underbody, but I can try to get it up on a lift and snap some if needed. If anything there may just be light surface rust that would normal, but nothing that would compromise the integrity of any of the parts for sure.

As far as emissions goes, I am not sure of the prices. It would depend on what you choose to put in it, or what I choose if I need to replace the parts prior to selling it, but I can say that it does need a new catalytic converter. Possibly an o2 sensor. As well as an evap purge valve. I would estimate between $200-$350 maybe.. depending on if the labor is paid for or done by self.

If you'd like me to email a full list of the upgrades, and answers to any other questions, feel free.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:04 AM
jown.iv
4th Gear
*price drop to $5000*

Old 11-19-2016, 11:43 AM
jown.iv
4th Gear
still available. willing to travel within new england area.

Last edited by jown.iv; 12-11-2016 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:49 PM
jown.iv
4th Gear
price drop $4900

Old 12-09-2016, 08:48 AM
jown.iv
4th Gear
Replaced both o2 sensors.

Last edited by jown.iv; 01-26-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:40 PM
jown.iv
4th Gear
Full List of Included Factory Parts & Extras:

Extras:
- Brand New Uninstalled Short Shifter
- TWO Brand New Brake Pad Sensors
- Car Cover with Cable Lock
- Set of 4 Metal Hub Rings
- THREE sets of Stud Lugs for the Wheels
- Manuals & Hardcover Mini Journal
- Jack
- Two Front License Plate Mounts (US & Euro)
- Mini Specific Oil Change Socket
- Mini Specific Tensioner Bar Tool

Factory Parts (All but a couple still in perfect working condition):
- Fuel Injectors
- Rear Wiper, Wiper Blade, and Motor
- Tensioner Pulley
- Coil Pack
- Hood Scoop Air Diverter
- Air Intake
- Oil Dipstick
- Spark Plug Wires
- Supercharger Pulley
- Crank Pulley
- Exhaust Manifold & Catalytic Converter
- Strut Mounts
- Rear Control Arms
- Suspension Springs
- Various Bulbs (Interior/Exterior)
- Stereo Receiver
- Old Belts for Size/Part # Comparison

Quick Reply: FS:: 2003 Mini Cooper S (with mods/stock parts included) *Price Negotiable*