MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: 2006 Mini Cooper GP 1292

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 06:27 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2006 Mini Cooper GP 1292 RMW mods

Year: 2006
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $13800
Mileage: 76852
Color: Gray/Blue
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): West

sold
sold
sold

Selling my GP after a day of ownership. I just purchased it out of Oregon, see previous ad below.
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...cw-gp1292.html

While digging through the records I noticed there was a previous accident. This is a massive let down for someone who avoids cars with accident history. I wish I pulled the Carfax but I figured it's something that would be mentioned. This is my second Mini Cooper GP and one of dozens of Minis I've owned. I sold my BMW M2 to get back into a GP.
Full disclosure I purchased the GP for 16,000 and paid another 1,014 to have it shipped.
-It appears it was the same accident that was recorded multiple times during a six month period.
-Some mention of the mileage discrepancy on a service record from Mini of Portland. DME was reprogrammed (mileage of record 71,463).
-Tons of great maintenance done. Clutch and all accessories done at 42,000 miles.
-Original sticker and JCW certificate

Added videos, scroll down.

Copied from the previous ad.
Highlights of the build:
  • RMW Big Valve Head & RMW Street cam
  • RMW Shorty header
  • RMW 440 cc injectors (cleaned & calibrated)
  • Way Motor Works supercharger pulley
  • Whiteline end links front & rear
  • H&R adjustable rear anti roll bar
  • Vibra-Technics passenger side engine mount
  • Ported & port matched intaker manifold & inlet plenum
  • RMW teflon intake gasket & ARP studs
  • Colin Green cooling system header tank in black.
  • New OEM TPM & TPMS sensors
  • New OEM fuel pressure regulator
  • New spark plugs
  • New Powerflex front lower control arm bushings & steering rack bushing
  • Cravenspeed oil dipstick & stubby antenna
  • Includes OEM GP car cover
  • Car has been regularly maintained by Mini of Portland (oil changes, brake flush)

Last edited by vulkandino; 11-17-2020 at 10:08 AM. Reason: sold
Old 08-25-2020, 06:58 AM
joyride305
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Was there major damage to the chassis or otherwise something that would prevent you from enjoying the car? I'm just curious what would drive you to sell after a day of ownership.

The following users liked this post:
Eurothrasher (08-26-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 06:58 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,736 Likes on 1,393 Posts
I'll take that Aston in the trailer!

Sorry to hear you were slightly deceived in the vehicle history. The mod list sounds like it is quite the screamer!

Old 08-25-2020, 07:12 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by joyride305
Was there major damage to the chassis or otherwise something that would prevent you from enjoying the car? I'm just curious what would drive you to sell after a day of ownership.
It's more mental than anything. Obviously it's not preventing me from driving the car. The accident history was a surprise and something that I avoid at all costs. Had I known I would have steered clear of the car.
To some it's not an issue at all.

Old 08-25-2020, 07:14 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Originally Posted by njaremka
I'll take that Aston in the trailer!

Sorry to hear you were slightly deceived in the vehicle history. The mod list sounds like it is quite the screamer!

I can't only blame the PO for this. I wish it was mentioend but it is what it is now. Lesson learned.
Lots of geat mods and ton's of maintenace history.

Old 08-25-2020, 09:43 AM
joyride305
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by vulkandino
It's more mental than anything. Obviously it's not preventing me from driving the car. The accident history was a surprise and something that I avoid at all costs. Had I known I would have steered clear of the car.
To some it's not an issue at all.
Understandable, I'm on the hunt for a very specific MINI and I would also prefer no accidents but would definitely overlook it depending on what the actual history shows. GLWS!

Old 08-25-2020, 10:43 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Understandable, I'm on the hunt for a very specific MINI and I would also prefer no accidents but would definitely overlook it depending on what the actual history shows. GLWS!
What kind of Mini are you after?
I know what you mean. Different strokes for different folks. I'm not exaclty selling the Mini here but I'm being transparent about it. All else is in fantastic shape. GP runs great. Love the exhaust sound.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:24 AM
joyride305
3rd Gear
I know what you mean. Different strokes for different folks. I'm not exaclty selling the Mini here but I'm being transparent about it. All else is in fantastic shape. GP runs great. Love the exhaust sound.
Been on the hunt for a '11 - '13 R56 JCW in BRG or a WC50. Similarly to you leaving an M2 for the GP I'm selling my M235. Love the car, the tech, the power, but it always comes back to MINI.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:41 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Nice, those are one of my favorites.
Yes, the new cars are just too digital. They have their perks. I tend to graviate towards the same cars over the years.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:10 AM
Eurothrasher
6th Gear
Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
Given these were limited edition, and some 15yrs ago ending up with one having been in an "auto accident" will be pretty common. The way these R53's are built, so packed in it doesn't take much of an accident to even total an R53. Even a soft hit in the front reaching radiator/condensor means new hood, xenon headlights, bumper ect....easily totalling a 1st Gen R53. Seen it happen to one that was only 6 yrs old...

And given the fact it all seems to be straightened out I'd just have some fun and drive her. But to each their own.

GLWTS ! She looks nice and well cared for !

Old 08-26-2020, 05:48 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Eurothrasher
Given these were limited edition, and some 15yrs ago ending up with one having been in an "auto accident" will be pretty common. The way these R53's are built, so packed in it doesn't take much of an accident to even total an R53. Even a soft hit in the front reaching radiator/condensor means new hood, xenon headlights, bumper ect....easily totalling a 1st Gen R53. Seen it happen to one that was only 6 yrs old...

And given the fact it all seems to be straightened out I'd just have some fun and drive her. But to each their own.

GLWTS ! She looks nice and well cared for !

Thanks Eurotrasher. That's encouraging.
The issue here is the accident history wasn't shared. I found the CarFax in the folder of the previous owner Paul Lethbridge (pglgp1292) but that was a complete surprise to me. It's one thing where I'm aware of it and I still decide to buy the car which would not be the case. I'm very sour about it.

By the way I would be happy to share the CarFax with anyone intersted in the Mini. There appears to be some mileage discrepancy as well. Looks like someone entered a lower mileage during one of the service visits and it was flagged.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:59 AM
Rich B.
4th Gear
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Can you answer joyride305's implied question relative to the extent of the damage and your opinion about the quality of the repair? Thanks!

Old 08-26-2020, 06:05 AM
JAceMin
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait, the accident was in the car fax report, you just never bothered to run it yourself?

I have never bought a car without pulling the car fax, and I am just looking for valid clean title, no theft recovery, no odometer errors...

Old 08-26-2020, 06:15 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Rich B.
Can you answer joyride305's implied question relative to the extent of the damage and your opinion about the quality of the repair? Thanks!
Overall I would say the quality is great. Considering the quality of the paint match and lack of overspray.
-The hood has a clear bra and the section that's not covered feels rougher to the touch.
-There is a tiny bit larger gap on one side of the hatch versus the other. I'm sure it can get aligned but I'm not touching it myself.
-The latches work fine and it closes and opens without issues.
-No dents or any major scratches.

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to this type of stuff hence why I avoid it.
There is nothing wrong with the chassis and as I said to joride305 it's more mental. The average person wouldn't notice anything.

Does that answer your question?

Last edited by vulkandino; 08-26-2020 at 08:48 PM. Reason: more info on issue and update
Old 08-26-2020, 06:21 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Originally Posted by JAceMin
Wait, the accident was in the car fax report, you just never bothered to run it yourself?

I have never bought a car without pulling the car fax, and I am just looking for valid clean title, no theft recovery, no odometer errors...
That is correct. I did not run the CarFax. You're a smart man.
PPI and CarFax are the first two things I do when I get serous about a car. In this case I missed both. I have a friend that owns a dealer and it doens't cost me anything to run it. This time around I had a lapse in judgement.

The car did have an inspection performed within the last 1k miles and it checked out.

Side note, I actually paid for PPI on a GP2 and almost bought it but then this showed up on NAM. I wish I followed through with my original plans.

The title is still clean.

Old 08-26-2020, 06:29 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
If anyone has serous interest in the GP you can text or call me at eight zero 1 8 six four 3 6 two nine.
I would be happy to send you the CarFax and FaceTime with you and show the car.

I will also cover shipping to anywhere on the West coast.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:48 AM
Eurothrasher
6th Gear
Thanks Eurotrasher. That's encouraging.
The issue here is the accident history wasn't shared.
Agreed. On a side note though, I know of folks who pay out of pocket w/o going through insurance co, just to keep it off these reports.

There appears to be some mileage discrepancy as well. Looks like someone entered a lower mileage during one of the service visits and it was flagged.
Have seen this happen when the dealership's key reader is having issues, usually with the computer they are wired to. ( Software driver issues ) If out of order for part of the day, the mileage is manually entered by the SA, sometimes even using mileage info supplied by the owner/driver. I suspect this may be the case. Seems like PO patronized one dealership too, which is good. Could be any autobody repairs done, were completed there as well?

Any idea how many actual GP1's that are still on the roads of USA today....bet its about 60% of original.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:06 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Agreed. On a side note though, I know of folks who pay out of pocket w/o going through insurance co, just to keep it off these reports.

Have seen this happen when the dealership's key reader is having issues, usually with the computer they are wired to. ( Software driver issues ) If out of order for part of the day, the mileage is manually entered by the SA, sometimes even using mileage info supplied by the owner/driver. I suspect this may be the case. Seems like PO patronized one dealership too, which is good. Could be any autobody repairs done, were completed there as well?

Any idea how many actual GP1's that are still on the roads of USA today....bet its about 60% of original.
I think you're right on the mileage discrepancy. It's not as big of a deal but it does show up on the title and creates another negative talking point.
Agreed. I'm sure over the past14 years only 60-70% are still on the road and driveable.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:23 AM
spoolinyc
Neutral
Looks like one of the prior owners tampered with the odometer. And vehicle had 3 accidents.

This is pretty bad. Sorry to hear about this.

I got scammed this year as well. I would expect better of enthusiasts but most are out only for their benefit.

09/13/2014

Colorado
Damage Report

11/19/2014

Damage Report

03/16/2015

Damage Report

Old 08-26-2020, 09:27 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Originally Posted by spoolinyc
Looks like one of the prior owners tampered with the odometer. And vehicle had 3 accidents.

I got scammed this year as well. I would expect better of enthusiasts but most are out only for their benefit.

09/13/2014

Colorado
Damage Report

11/19/2014

Damage Report

03/16/2015

Damage Report
Thanks spoolinyc. Yeah I'm pretty disappointed and angry at the guy. Even offered him to ship the car back etc.
I should have done my homework but part of why I like buying from forum guys is the honesty you get (just not Paul Lethbridge). I've bought many cars from forum members (VW, Audi, BMW, Minis) and this is the first time I've had this sort of thing happen.

The good news is the car still looks and drives great. I'm sure it will make someone very happy who doesn't look at these types of things like I do.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:52 AM
spoolinyc
Neutral
Thanks spoolinyc. Yeah I'm pretty disappointed and angry at the guy. Even offered him to ship the car back etc.
I should have done my homework but part of why I like buying from forum guys is the honesty you get (just not Paul Lethbridge). I've bought many cars from forum members (VW, Audi, BMW, Minis) and this is the first time I've had this sort of thing happen.

The good news is the car still looks and drives great. I'm sure it will make someone very happy who doesn't look at these types of things like I do.
To be honest. I am like you(but i run carfax) I am just as **** about cars BUT........ If this car looks great and drives great. F()CK IT. Enjoy it. Its hard to find these cars. Next one might not be as good or may blow up as you are driving.

Just put miles on it and enjoy. Cars are meant to be driven and not parked rotting away.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:57 AM
Eurothrasher
6th Gear
Originally Posted by spoolinyc

09/13/2014

Colorado
Damage Report

11/19/2014

Damage Report

03/16/2015

Damage Report
there is no way to directly increase/decrease the mileage of a MINI....it’s registered and stored electronically....given its year and mods (someone whom enjoyed driving). I cast doubts on your assertion of tampering....It’s not the 80’s anymore where one could disconnect / run back mileage with a drill....lol.

Old 08-26-2020, 10:01 AM
spoolinyc
Neutral
there is no way to directly increase/decrease the mileage of a MINI....it’s registered and stored electronically....given its year and mods (someone whom enjoyed driving). I cast doubts on your assertion of tampering....It’s not the 80’s anymore where one could disconnect / run back mileage with a drill....lol.

Still happening everyday in 2020.

It is more common than you can imagine.

From rollback to Can blockers on the clusters.

Old 08-26-2020, 08:10 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear
I did some digging through the records.

Summary:
-It appears it was the same accident that was recorded multiple times during the six month period.
-Some mention of the mileage discrepancy on a service record from Mini of Portland. DME was reprogrammed (mileage of record 71,463).
-Tons of great maintenance done. Clutch and all accessories done at 42,000 miles.
-Original sticker and JCW certificate

Price drop to $16,000.

Old 08-26-2020, 08:24 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear

Quick Reply: FS:: 2006 Mini Cooper GP 1292